Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2013, 07:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
I went to healthcare.gov to shop for coverage, since the policy I liked I cannot keep. The site worked fine, but still insists on gathering all that personal information even if you choose the path that says subsidies are not in play--before it will show you rates or plans. I set up a user name and password and security questions, but I'm not publishing my social security number on Hacker Central. I'll go straight to my preferred insurance carrier and skip healthcare.gov.

Interestingly, the site will show "sample" rates for various plans based on no data. So the "sample" rates are mildly to wildly inaccurate. For my situation, the sample rates are about 45% lower than actual.

Only an entity as incompetent as the government would shut down the ability to shop before you give up your social security number, and put out sample rates that have nothing to do with reality.

The good news is, people will be able to see what the deal is for their own situation now. They will see the premiums, the subsidies if applicable, the deductibles, the coinsurance, the out-of-pocket maximums. In a lot of cases, this will not be good for Obamacare.
Try this one out.
This is the one the 3 coders put together using the same data from healthcare.gov.
No need to put your SS in either.
Gives you the various levels of plans, the subsidy amount if you put in your income and the various providers that you can contact directly.

IMHO healthcare.gov should just redirect here until they can get their act together.
At least people can window shop and see real prices and compare plans.

HealthSherpa

Old 12-01-2013, 07:30 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I do have a mind and don't need to be told what to think like liberals. Get this...

I DON'T WANT TO PAY FOR YOUR BROTHERS INSURANCE!

GOT IT?
I don't see anywhere in any of Jambo's posts that his brother was getting a subsidy. Are you assuming he's getting a subsidy? Remember this is private insurance paid for by the individual. This is not some form of health care.
What exactly is your problem that his brother was able to get coverage? I just don't get that.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:34 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by borregokid View Post
Pretty close though isn't it? How many people who post here would deny they don't get at least two government benefits and in some cases three or four.. They are called entitlements.
probably most ,you seem to think us working taxpaying Americans are all on gov benefits.Well you are wrong and your hate is misguided. Define your definition of entitlement and please include SS that Only working people contribute into.you wanna just keep it for welfare folks or let the old rest in their last years.And don't rant about scooters are only for tea party members we are sick of it

Old 12-01-2013, 07:34 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
People 30 or older are not eligible for catastrophic plans.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:37 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
Pretty close though isn't it? How many people who post here would deny they don't get at least two government benefits and in some cases three or four.. They are called entitlements.
I prefer "Unfunded Liabilities".

There is nothing wrong with the government offering it's citizens benefits. There isn't anything wrong with taxation to fund programs that benefit its citizens. There is something wrong with trillion dollar deficits.

I currently receive none of the benefit programs you troll on. I have paid into those programs for decades.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I prefer "Unfunded Liabilities".

There is nothing wrong with the government offering it's citizens benefits. There isn't anything wrong with taxation to fund programs that benefit its citizens. There is something wrong with trillion dollar deficits.

I currently receive none of the benefit programs you troll on. I have paid into those programs for decades.
You Most likely will in the future, though.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:44 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
You Most likely will in the future, though.
And he paid into it for YEARS. It would be nice if everyone paid into it. What part don't you understand?

Old 12-01-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
And he paid into it for YEARS. It would be nice if everyone paid into it. What part don't you understand?
I guess I don't understand your position.

I'm 71 years old and live on SS and a small 401. I use Medicare and the veteran's administration. I paid Federal, state, FICA, Medicare taxes all my working life, so I certainly understand all sides of the issue as far as financial.

What I don't understand is your incessant, vituperative hate for any success of Obamacare. It's basically extending a path to health care to another demographic.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:53 PM

2,672 posts, read 2,718,496 times
Quote:

I am sure your are aware that to qualify for Medicare you only need to be married to someone for 10 years who contributed to SS or go out on SS disability. Heck if you are here legally you can collect Medicare Part B and D and only pay for Medicare part A with no contributions to Medicare. Medicare forms a big part of the Republican base.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:56 PM

7,787 posts, read 8,030,764 times
Quote:
I am sure your are aware that to qualify for Medicare you only need to be married to someone for 10 years who contributed to SS or go out on SS disability. Heck if you are here legally you can collect Medicare Part B and D and only pay for Medicare part A with no contributions to Medicare. Medicare forms a big part of the Republican base.
are you saying Medicare is denied to democrats? do tell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies