Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2013, 10:30 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Uh--Ted Cruz is still considered a domestic terrorist. Wasn't it just last week that there was an election and the tea party candidates lost? Dream on extremists--the country is still terrified of your candidates, and you are still in your little bubble. Terry McAuliffe is probably grateful to Cruz, though. May not have been able to win without his massive temper tantrum.

It's fairly obvious why people are not swayed by your arguments, though. This thread reads like sixth graders calling names because they have nothing of any substance to say. You seem to have mistaken a bunch of angry unemployed/retired people anonymously posting on a forum as a "movement." That's what keeps the "bubble" going. Bet you all thought Romney had it in the bag, too. You people ever get out of your bunkers?

Oh, and "all those folks" get to keep their sub-standard policies for a year. Try to keep up.

Outstanding. I am sure that you would have called the fall of Berlin a "minor setback" for the Germans in WW2.

100,00 signed up

5,000,000 lost their insurance

$3.2 trillion in expenses over ten years

higher taxes

employers not hiring due to the law

a net increase of 60-70 million citzens without insurance due to the law

Bill Clinton calling out Obama

Dem senators and congressmen scrambling to "allow" citizens to keep their insurance (effectively eliminating the funding for Obamacare, which is what they ardently opposed only a few weeks before).

Old 11-14-2013, 10:30 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,387,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Obamacare's very real shortcomings aside, I think the reason why progressives supported Obamacare in principle is the assumption that a good insurance policy should be affordable, and that access to quality healthcare that won't bankrupt a family should be essentially provided for everyone. All other industrialized nations do a much better job than the United States in this regard.

Maybe government drawing a line in the sand isn't fair, but neither are private sector practices. And defunding, delaying, or outright eliminating Obamacare is just kicking an increasingly expensive can down the road, a can that will eventually, by some estimates, consume 1 out of every 3 dollars of America's GDP if it isn't corrected. I see a lot of criticism coming from conservatives, but I haven't seen any solutions that would actually work to solve the problem.
Well what they have said time and time again is when you force business with rules and regulations prices go up. What did Obama care do?, it forces rules and regulations and what happened?, prices went up or eliminated choice all together leaving only government to turn to and government was more expensive in the end. By nature liberals will never be able to admit to that though.

I can see offering a alternative for those who can't get insurance, but Dems screwed the pooch because they follwed their nature of using government to force people with regulation. It is so wrong to penalize someone through tax confiscation for not getting insurance all that was is a scheme to get more taxes from people.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:32 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
The multitude of factors behind the cancellation letters in the individual market do not apply to the large employer market. Those plans are ACA compliant as of this year, and only minor, if any changes, will be required for next year. Additionally, large employers know the laws and what is coming down the pike. They have HR managers and work closely with insurers because health coverage is a huge part of labor expense. There will be no repeat. The shock, if any, in the employer provided plans will come in 2018 when penalties are applied to the very high end plans (those that cost them employer roughly $25000 per year).
You also told us there weren't any problems with the website. Remember that whopper?

Old 11-14-2013, 10:32 AM

511 posts, read 799,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isee-you View Post
I just saw nancy Pelosi on tv. She looks stressed. It's the first time I saw her with that smile wiped off her face. Hey here is something new, she didn't call republicans any names.

Now dems are trying to do exactly what they attacked the tea party for. They delayed the employer mandate for political reasons.

What a major screw up Obama and democrat supporters! You built this mess!
Which reminds me of Obama's "you didn't build that" comment which was a slap in the face to the many self-employed Americans who work hard and did build their business. I'm enjoying seeing the Democrats finally reaping what they sown.

Old 11-14-2013, 10:38 AM

13,601 posts, read 21,387,447 times
The democrats scratched the back of corporations in this case insurance corporations, something they accuse the other side of doing usually, they scratched the back of friends by hiring a company with ties to the 1st lady, something they accused the other side of like Haliburton, and the excluded certain people from their own law like unions while subjecting everyone else to it mostly the middleclass. How can any self thinking democrat voter believe from now on tht they are the party "of the people" that is against the corporations, the rich and the special interests?

Old 11-14-2013, 10:43 AM

4,911 posts, read 3,428,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The plan we had for the last 11 years and several procedures, hernia, septic colon, broken leg, stitches, colds, flu....

I would not call it junk. It was what we could afford and it worked for us.
Now, as of Dec. 31st, we have to pick a Bronze-Platinum plan.
The Bronze plan is junk compared to what we have now. The Silver plan is comparable in premium cost but co-pay and deductibles, with out of pocket, are double what we have now. The Gold plan is about what we have, but to get that same coverage and other aspects, is 50% more cost in premiums. No way I could ever afford the Platinum deal.

The Bronze plan is junk compared to what we have now.

Keep sounding off those talking points that make this seem trivial. It places the blame squarely where it belongs.
On a bill that had to be passed before you know what's in it............. Geee!!! Thanks, idiots

There are no penalties

Old 11-14-2013, 10:48 AM

23,856 posts, read 24,096,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Uh--Ted Cruz is still considered a domestic terrorist. Wasn't it just last week that there was an election and the tea party candidates lost? Dream on extremists--the country is still terrified of your candidates, and you are still in your little bubble. Terry McAuliffe is probably grateful to Cruz, though. May not have been able to win without his massive temper tantrum.

It's fairly obvious why people are not swayed by your arguments, though. This thread reads like sixth graders calling names because they have nothing of any substance to say. You seem to have mistaken a bunch of angry unemployed/retired people anonymously posting on a forum as a "movement." That's what keeps the "bubble" going. Bet you all thought Romney had it in the bag, too. You people ever get out of your bunkers?

Oh, and "all those folks" get to keep their sub-standard policies for a year. Try to keep up.
Speaking for yourself, I see. Good for you! You get a gold star and an extra cookie before nap time!

Old 11-14-2013, 10:52 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,779,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
There are no penalties
Jay Carney, is that you?

Old 11-14-2013, 11:04 AM

7,444 posts, read 7,011,224 times
Default WAPO wonk blog: Obama's "fix" creates a big mess...

The White House’s Obamacare fix is about to create a big mess

But they hope it punts the issue past the 2014 midterms and quells a democrat uprising, plus it shift honus on insurance companies, giving Obama cover to say it's their fault.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:22 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,734,435 times
Default Not only this

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUTGR View Post
The White House’s Obamacare fix is about to create a big mess

But they hope it punts the issue past the 2014 midterms and quells a democrat uprising, plus it shift honus on insurance companies, giving Obama cover to say it's their fault.
but how can he change the Law with out Congress voting?

President Obama announced Thursday that his administration will let health insurers extend existing health plans on the individual and small-group markets into 2014. The administrative policy change will let insurers reach out to the millions of Americans being dropped from their plans so that they can renew their insurance for another year while the market adjusts to new Obamacare regulations.

Obama letting people keep canceled health plans for another year - CBS News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies