Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2013, 09:07 PM

1,199 posts, read 735,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Just as you say that Obamacare is not perfect, so to is that true of our regular system. Sure it needs some reform/improvement, but it provided an environment for the best health care in the world.
What you and other fail to see yet is how this is just another way for Obama to "spread the wealth around" by taking from the haves, and giving it to the have nots.
Why should a welfare bum be entitled to the same care and benefits as a CEO or other person who played by the rules and got ahead. The indigent got by with clinics and county hospitals just fine despite liberal media trying to make it seem like they were dragging around untreated broken limb. Or that they were dying because they could not get an operation or treatment. This is just factually a lie, but since it plays on peoples emotions, they think why take the chance.
Did you not read the article in my first post about 26k american dying due to being uninsured? Your idea that people always got treatment is a myth. If you have cancer and uninsured, your SOL.

And stop with this welfare bums lies. There are many working middle class employees who do not have access to insurance through their employment and are also SOL if they have a preexisting condition. Either they are denied or charged an exorbitant amount. Less and less employers are offering insurance thorugh work, more part time jobs than full time (an effect that has been going on for years before ACA was even talked about). A friend of mine, 20 yo male, was going to be charged 450 a month for a plan with a 6000 deductible and 10000 OOP max for insurance even though he was in better shape than 95% of the US. Reason.....he had an extra bone in his right hand. Now hell be paying 170 for a platinum plan through our state exchange.

Best healthcare in the word is subjective. Ya, its the best if you can afford it. There are many studies that show how we compare to other countries and its not pretty as you make it out to be.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:27 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,525,766 times
Agenda much?

Old 11-14-2013, 09:36 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,217,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxr89 View Post
I mean seriously, and there are people who actually said there is nothing wrong with the way the insurance companies where reaming us in the rear with out lube?

Insurer Gave Bonuses For Dropped Policies? - CBS News

Blue Cross praised employees who dropped sick policyholders, lawmaker says - Los Angeles Times

Think you've got health insurance? Rescission could leave you broke and sick - DailyFinance

To be upfront, I would have been completely preferred single payer over the ACA....however, I prefer the ACA to what we had before. I seriously can not believe that people were ok with this happening. And then I hear about people who talk about single payer system having death panels, yet forget that thousand of american die due to the lack of health insurance

Over 26,000 annual deaths for uninsured: report | Reuters

So please, to everyone who says repeal the ACA and lets not replace it with anything, I just cant help but shake my head. The ACA is definitely not perfect in any way. But COME UP WITH A REPLACEMENT, BECAUSE THERE IS NO REASON TO GO BACK TO THE OLD SYSTEM!

I want to go to a system where there is no government in the medical insurance systems, and no companies either. straight pay up cash option and that should be it. it is what I do now, and the feds and state do not get any of my medical information. it is none of their flipping business and they should stay the hell out of my personal life.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:41 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,209,008 times
Obama should have another press conference tomorrow announcing two things:

#1) He'll repeal Obamadeathcare.

#2) Then resign as POTUS.

These actions will well serve the majority of the American people the best than in the past 5 years.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:43 PM

1,199 posts, read 735,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I want to go to a system where there is no government in the medical insurance systems, and no companies either. straight pay up cash option and that should be it. it is what I do now, and the feds and state do not get any of my medical information. it is none of their flipping business and they should stay the hell out of my personal life.
Cool, so once you get into a car accident and taken to the hospital and cant afford the treatment and stay of the hospital, you expect tax payers and insurance paying individuals to have their costs raised to cover your inability to to pay for treatment.

The interesting point about all this is that many people who are against the ACA are against socialized medicine. Yet we already have it thanks to Reagan who enacted EMATLA in 1986. Those who don't pay for the hospitalization or their visits have their costs passed on to everyone else. Our version of socialized medicine is just extremely expensive and inefficient.

Old 11-14-2013, 09:44 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,209,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The overwhelming majority of people who have received cancellation notices from their insurance providers due Obamacare were happy with their policies and just wanted to be left alone. Democrats rammed Obamacare down the throats of the American people and for every 1 person who has signed up for Obamacare 10 have gotten letters saying they were getting dropped.

Democrats own this, Democrats created this and Democrats will pay for this.
My Mom and Stepdad now need to pony up approx., $400.00 more per month for coverages that OC required and they don't need. They were happy with what they had before without that unneeded excessive cost at their ages.

Old 11-14-2013, 11:50 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,156,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Just as you say that Obamacare is not perfect, so to is that true of our regular system. Sure it needs some reform/improvement, but it provided an environment for the best health care in the world.
What you and other fail to see yet is how this is just another way for Obama to "spread the wealth around" by taking from the haves, and giving it to the have nots.
Why should a welfare bum be entitled to the same care and benefits as a CEO or other person who played by the rules and got ahead. The indigent got by with clinics and county hospitals just fine despite liberal media trying to make it seem like they were dragging around untreated broken limb. Or that they were dying because they could not get an operation or treatment. This is just factually a lie, but since it plays on peoples emotions, they think why take the chance.
So you want to somehow make a determination of who is worthy of healthcare and who is is not. So the family that is down on their luck because the father lost his job to someone overseas does not deserve to have the medical care that some CEO gets. What if the the CEO is some POS that is of the same cloth that brought about the Wall Street debacle? Is he and his family really more worthy? Do you not see how nonsensical and flawed your premise is? These are the real death panels. And btw...

Quote:
12 years ago, the World Health Organization released the World Health Report 2000. Inside the report there was an ambitious task — to rank the world's best healthcare systems.

The results became notorious — the US healthcare system came in 15th in overall performance, and first in overall expenditure per capita. That result meant that its overall ranking was 37th.

The 36 Best Healthcare Systems In The World - Business Insider

Old 11-14-2013, 11:54 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,536,914 times

Old 11-15-2013, 04:10 AM

23,175 posts, read 26,235,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxr89 View Post
Did you not read the article in my first post about 26k american dying due to being uninsured? Your idea that people always got treatment is a myth. If you have cancer and uninsured, your SOL.
How about you read this one.
http://healthblog.ncpa.org/does-lack...-probably-not/

Old 11-15-2013, 04:23 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,879,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The overwhelming majority of people who have received cancellation notices from their insurance providers due Obamacare were happy with their policies and just wanted to be left alone. Democrats rammed Obamacare down the throats of the American people and for every 1 person who has signed up for Obamacare 10 have gotten letters saying they were getting dropped.

Democrats own this, Democrats created this and Democrats will pay for this.
People will buy thru the Exchanges, or perhaps you could explain how people will be able to buy cancelled plans that Ins Co won't sell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies