Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 09:47 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I never said that there service was cheapened in anyway, I just pointed out what you said about "liberals not serving" was not true and that the biggest cowards were the conservatives that I mentioned
Here's one of them.

Old 11-23-2013, 09:59 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,458,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
If it is no longer used since the 70's I look at it as being "abolished" because they will not reinstated unless there is a National emergency. I do agree that there training is not on par with active duty, but when the military was downsized by Clinton your best got out and got positions on the outside in their respective fields. There, they were able to improve on what they knew in leaps and bounds on the outside to the point that the military was stuck with those (in many cases) who were not bright enough to make it on the outside or for whatever reasons could not get out of the military at that time. When the sandbox wars began the best and brightest were already in Reserves and National Guard Units. These were the people that knew all of the latest techie advances, not the active duty folks, thus the reason why many of them had so many repeat tours.

I never said that there service was cheapened in anyway, I just pointed out what you said about "liberals not serving" was not true and that the biggest cowards were the conservatives that I mentioned
The draft will remain suspended until such time, as you say, there is a national emergency, but only because an all-volunteer military is much better than one that involves a draft. The difference being those who actually want to be in the military in an all-volunteer military, and those who do not want to be in the military but were forced under penalty of prison under a draft.

Even though a draft would mean a much larger military, a smaller all-volunteer military is still better.

Old 11-23-2013, 10:06 PM

1,658 posts, read 2,695,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
His "mantra" is absolutely accurate. I served 7 years from 1996 to 2003 and the vast vast majority of us were and are conservative. There are very few shltbag liberals like you in today's military.

P.S. I was enlisted.
If by "vast majority" you mean your beer buddies, I can't argue with that. However don't pretend that you know how the other men and women in your unit(s) voted.

Old 11-24-2013, 01:49 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,913,366 times
The ones who do pass will just get knocked up soon after...

Old 11-24-2013, 09:10 AM

5,342 posts, read 4,430,925 times
Yet another thread closed because people can not bring themselves to stay on topic. SMH
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies