Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 01:15 PM

68,340 posts, read 54,462,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Vaccines are false flag terrorist attacks.
DAMN those terrorists trying to keep people from things like Polio, Typhoid, Pertussis, et al, eh?

Next thing ya know they'll be wanting to cure peoples' diseases instead of just letting them be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2013, 02:26 PM

13,308 posts, read 7,881,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
You know for a fact that it was the same strain you were vaccinated against?
False flags can distract your immune system, and confuse it, too!

Old 11-25-2013, 02:28 PM

13,308 posts, read 7,881,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
DAMN those terrorists trying to keep people from things like Polio, Typhoid, Pertussis, et al, eh?

Next thing ya know they'll be wanting to cure peoples' diseases instead of just letting them be.
Eat dirt.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Whoa! How'd I miss this? Some comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
I don't get a flu shot because I believe the immune system is like other body systems. Much like you lose muscle ability due to atrophy, the immune system is far more then your antibodies. Exercise it or lose it and be reliant on medication.
Getting a flu vaccination (can't say "shot" any more since there is also the mist) does "exercise your immune system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I got it once and the same year got the flu.
Never got it since and never had the flu since.

Fluke ? Coincidence ?
Who knows but that made me leery enough to never get it again.
Fluke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
No. But what was the mortality rate of polio vs the flu?
Already discussed, but now you know the flu kills more people than polio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I generally get the flu shot when I can afford it. I have never gotten the flu after having the flu shot, have gotten tagged when I didnt. And...it sucks big time. Is there a risk with the shot? probably. Id guess that maybe 12 people a year die from it without knowing (and im guessing here-no hard numbers), and thousands are saved.

Its all an odds game, and I like my odds with the flu shot.
If you have insurance, it most likely will pay for the flu shot. If you don't have ins, you can likely find a low-cost clinic. I've heard that Costco has low-cost flu shots, for example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
THe other problem, is that flu shots are not guaranteed to have dead virus.

Remember, these are gov't approved shots.. the same gov't that approved Trans fats, Aspartame, Thalidamide, etc....
I'm sorry, that's just incorrect. These vaccines undergo quality control.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
This is exactly what happened to me.

My understanding is that the flu shot is for the "greater good" and not for the individual.

Supposed to help stop the spread of whatever flu strain is present that year.
Flu vaccine is both for the individual and the "herd".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I hit the gym faithfully, 5 days a week. I also eat a clean diet, pay attention to my gut health, monitor my body's pH balance, and avoid pharmaceuticals like the plague.

Never had the flu in 40+ years, and never had a flu shot, either.

Yes, some people need it -- health workers, people with a compromised immune system, etc -- but I don't see any reason to get one. While there are some crazy theories about what's in the shot, I just simply don't feel that I need it. Everyone should take a very active role in their own health. You'd find that it eliminates a lot of unnecessary trips to the doctor.
None of the above will prevent the flu. Of course everyone should take an active role in their own health. But those wiley viruses do not care if you do all of the above. Flu has nothing to do with your gut; it's a respiratory illness. Your body monitors and regulates its own PH very well unless you have a serious illness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
The family refused an complete autopsy, which could have gone a long way in determining what killed him.
Yeah, probably b/c they'd rather say he died of a flu shot.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:40 PM

32,108 posts, read 15,101,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Dr.'s are baffled... how did this healthy 19 yr. old die 15 hrs. after receiving flu shot?

Brain biopsy will hopefully show that some people just shouldn't play with the voodoo pharma...

Mother claims flu shot is responsible for death of teenage son | Fox News
I saw this on the news. Did he have an egg allergy? That was never brought up.

Old 11-27-2013, 08:56 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,995,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
I get a flu shot every year and every year I don't get the flu. Last time I checked, I did not die either.

Speaking of conspiracy theories...

I have a special stone out on my front lawn. It has powers to keep away all tigers and lions. It's worked like a charm so far. Last time I checked, no tigers or lions have showed up on my property.

Old 11-27-2013, 09:19 PM

37,152 posts, read 42,260,441 times
I've taken the flu shot half a dozen times or so, never got sick from them. I've also had the flu once that came with a 10 day fever of over 100. It's a question I ask myself every year but I think I'll skip this year.

Old 11-28-2013, 01:50 AM

8,483 posts, read 6,940,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pch1013 View Post
You really can't see what possible problems there could be if, say, Glaxo Smith Kline were asked to "regulate" themselves?

Really?
That would not be third party. Didn't say self-regulation. That is essentially what we have now. Municipal corps profiting from investments in transnationals nm lobbying and revolving doors.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:33 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,372,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I got it once and the same year got the flu.
Never got it since and never had the flu since.

Fluke ? Coincidence ?
Who knows but that made me leery enough to never get it again.
Same here but I had a job that required the flu shot once a year as terms for hire. Seven years I had the flu and since never had flu.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:15 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,590,588 times
I get the flu shot every year because I deal a lot with older people; in and out of multiple hospitals and nursing homes. Not mandatory per se, but if there is an outbreak I can still go in (with precautions), if I didn't have the shot - I would be shut out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies