Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 02:21 PM

1,212 posts, read 2,253,480 times

Advertisements

Jewish influence even though genetically many of them are the same people
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2013, 02:43 PM

4,103 posts, read 5,427,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cecilsav View Post
And I don't see all Muslims doing it either. Good Muslims, and there are many, are given a bad name by the few that do indeed harm other people in horrible ways.
People like to point out that its a minority of Muslims killing people. Youre talking about a minority of over a billion people. Even 1% of a billion people is Ten million. Thats more people than Id prefer to be trying to kill me.

The fact is there are very few holy books out there that explicitly state to kill people, the quran is one of them.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:49 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
DCmum - Thank you very much for your insight and explanations of Islam and Muslim thought. I appreciate your stress on the internal struggle against evil inside of all of us.

As an American and a, mostly civilized, person I have no animosity against "MUSLIMS" or those that practice Islam. I do have a great deal of enmity with the criminals that destroyed the World Trade Center or attacked groups of civilians with car bombs or cruise missiles. Both side of this conflict are dripping with blood and murder. I hope the murderous fanatics on all sides of this horror would simply cease but I am far too aware of the grip of power, greed and "faith" have on people. For all of history warriors have marched to the deceit that God was on their side. God, as known by the sane Muslims, Jews, Christians and all the rest, is not on their side but the Satan in his multiple guises certainly is.

This is a season of thanksgiving and peace. Let us pray for peace and understanding so we can all be free people free of War and Terror.

Old 12-02-2013, 02:50 PM

Look the fact of the matter is when you have a group (any group) of large proportions who have a select core who believe in dangerous ideologies, then you have something to fear. Germany at large in WW2 didnt want to kill the Jews, only a small minority of those in charge did. The average blue collar German family was peaceful and just wanted to care for their families.

The average Muslim may be peaceful and may ignore the more radical tenants of their religion, but if they fail to suppress the radicals among them then they cannot complain about being profiled.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:16 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Maybe you should pay more attention then. Terrorism is not exclusively Muslim. Christians have done it in the past. The crusades come to mind.
ROFLMAO!!!

First, let's at least move to the last couple hundred years.

Second, let's learn a little history about the crusades.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:51 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Muslims like to blow up innocent folks, bomb jets, buildings etc. That might be one reason they think Muslims are bad. I don't see Christians or Hindus or Mormons doing this.
Yep, it's a good thing the Crusades never happened, or the various wars between the Protestants and the Catholics... Oh, wait... all of that did happen. As for Hindus, India still has a caste system based upon to whom you are born ("Untouchables"), so they aren't innocent, either.

The reality is that every religion has had its extremists at various points in history who have tried to hijack the religion and use it for evil ends. Islam is going through a bad case of it now, but Christianity went through the whole Dark Ages, Crusades, even the relatively recent IRA (northern Ireland vs. the rest of Ireland, etc.), so Christians have no right to complain. I am certain that if the Dark Ages Church had access to the same level of weapons the current "Muslim" terrorists have, they would have used the same ways.

Most people of any religion are completely harmless, but there's always a loud, hateful few that have to ruin it for everyone.

Old 12-02-2013, 04:56 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,035,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
ROFLMAO!!!

First, let's at least move to the last couple hundred years.

Second, let's learn a little history about the crusades.
Sure, let's learn some history of Crusades since some seem to think them holy:

Crusades - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I particularly like this part:

"The conduct of the Crusaders was shocking not only to modern sensibilities but also to a contemporary of the First Crusade, Bernard of Clairvaux. The Crusaders pillaged the countries in transit, living off the land, as did all transiting armies of the time. The First Crusade resulted in the massacre of 8,000 Jews in the Rhineland in the first of Europe's pogroms. It also resulted in the slaughter of a purported 70,000 citizens in the fall of Jerusalem. The nobles carved up the territory that they had gained rather than return it to the Byzantines, as they had vowed to do.[5][6] The Fourth Crusade resulted in the sacking of Constantinople. The majority of crusaders, however, were poor people trying to escape the hardships of medieval life in an armed pilgrimage leading to Apotheosis at Jerusalem.[7]"

Nothing like holy Christians killing Jews... Hmmm... conquering another Christian City - Constantinople... pillaging the land... slaughtering 70,000+ people...

Yep, clearly evil behavior in the name of religion is only limited to Islam?!

And since you wanted something in the past 100 years:

Irish Republican Army - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some would say that the IRA doesn't count since it is clearly using religion as a guise for political motivations, but so are nearly all of the Muslim terrorists, so there's no real difference.

Old 12-03-2013, 08:20 AM

Ok so stop using the "yea well Christians killed people too!" rebuttal in Islam arguments. Those are not the only two religions on the planet and I dont think I saw anyone on here claim to be Christian, I sure am not. Its offensive to suggest that if you are concerned with the violence of Islam then you must be a Christian. Me stating that we should be worried about the violent tendencies of a religion, should not equate in you pointing out that another religion was violent 800 years ago. Thats a horrible counter point to use in any argument. You are literally violating the "Two wrongs dont make a right" concept.

Old 12-03-2013, 02:14 PM

643 posts, read 918,082 times
23% of the worlds population is muslim. There are a handful of extremists. By probability, any faction with such large numbers should have outliers. All of the muslim people I have met have been way cool. Its unfair to judge an entire religion based upon some outliers. I mean I dont think any religion is greater than the other. I personally do not believe in any religion, but it is unfair to stereotype anytype of people. The Americans with the hate towards Muslims are a bunch of xenophobes who have watched too much Bill O'Reilley.

Any person from any region or religion can have something in common with you and be your friend. We all humans, come on.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:43 PM

1,057 posts, read 2,420,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
DCmum - Thank you very much for your insight and explanations of Islam and Muslim thought. I appreciate your stress on the internal struggle against evil inside of all of us.

As an American and a, mostly civilized, person I have no animosity against "MUSLIMS" or those that practice Islam. I do have a great deal of enmity with the criminals that destroyed the World Trade Center or attacked groups of civilians with car bombs or cruise missiles. Both side of this conflict are dripping with blood and murder. I hope the murderous fanatics on all sides of this horror would simply cease but I am far too aware of the grip of power, greed and "faith" have on people. For all of history warriors have marched to the deceit that God was on their side. God, as known by the sane Muslims, Jews, Christians and all the rest, is not on their side but the Satan in his multiple guises certainly is.

This is a season of thanksgiving and peace. Let us pray for peace and understanding so we can all be free people free of War and Terror.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. It is only with open dialogue, communication and a united front that we will be able to defeat the fanatics amongst us. There are a lot of crazy people in this world who will use whatever they can to justify evil. Sad, but true!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies