Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2013, 03:09 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times

Advertisements

Exactly.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:14 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
What exactly do you define as "grilled" and if so, why do you believe Bush was grilled to that Degree and Obama wasnt.

What makes you believe Obama is being propped up by the media, but Bush's was pushed down by it, again use examples, not just blanket statements.
Surely you are joking.

Old 11-28-2013, 03:46 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Ronald Reagan sucked.
Reagan kicked ***!

RealClearPolitics - 1980 Electoral College Map

RealClearPolitics - 1984 Electoral College Map

New Poll:  Reagan Rated Greatest President in Past Century; Obama Rated Worst-united-states-gdp-per-capita.png

1983 - NBC News Overnight part 1 - YouTube

Old 11-28-2013, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
This too is a myth. The cold war was ended by Gorbachev. It was he who decided to keep the troops in the barracks when the wall came down. I would also give an assist to the Pope and Lech Walesa. When did the first cracks appear in the Soviet Union? I`d say it was when people started smuggling Beatles records into the country in the 60`S.

Lech Walesa?

Lech Walesa on Reagan, Valley Patriot

Old 11-28-2013, 04:04 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times
Default What nonsense

Spare us these nonsense rightwing polls.

Who is second greatest? Dubya.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:09 AM

37,212 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: New Poll: Reagan Ranked Greatest President Of Last Hundred Years; Guess Who's the Biggest Failure? | Independent Journal Review

Heartwarming news on Thanksgiving Eve.

And the icing on the cake is that even more people think Obama is a failure than Bush. There's still three more years for his numbers to drop even more.
Anyone who is middle class and thinks Reagan was great is a great candidate for a room with rubber walls. He screwed every working person in America without grease. George W. Bush took Reaganism to its logical extreme and damn near finished off what was left of the country.

They need to poll some intelligent people for a change. Obviously they are only polling in the white republican's old folks home.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I agree that NAFTA sucks, but it has zero to with Reagan's slaughtering of The American Dream. At least Clinton left a surplus and had the sense to put fair tax rates in place. And btw...Raygun sucked too.

Actually, it was the Republican Congress that dragged Clinton kicking and screaming to the alter of fiscal accountability.

It was only after the economy blossomed that Clinton decided to take credit for the reforms he was forced to accept.

Republicans have controlled both houses of Congress on three occasions since 1947.

During each of those periods of Republican Control, either the budget was in balance or running deficits left by Democrats were dramatically decreased.

Unemployment also declined during these periods.

The party of the President didn't matter.

Party In Power - Congress and Presidency - A Visual Guide To The Balance of Power In Congress, 1945-2008

FTR, Clinton also gave us the 2000 China Trade Act.

Old 11-28-2013, 05:25 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Anyone who is middle class and thinks Reagan was great is a great candidate for a room with rubber walls. He screwed every working person in America without grease. George W. Bush took Reaganism to its logical extreme and damn near finished off what was left of the country.

They need to poll some intelligent people for a change. Obviously they are only polling in the white republican's old folks home.
says you: I don't know one middle class person who feels they were screwed by Reagan. Most of our friends are retired and doing fairly well. Yes, they were Reagan supporters. The ones that were not are hanging in there as well. I have to wonder, when someone makes a remark like you just made, if they were even around or old enough to vote when he was in politics? Not only can I speak for my peers, I look at my kids and now my grandkids. None of them are suffering due to anything Reagan did or didn't do. Quite honestly they are all doing well. The biggest problem is paying back student loans for our grandkids, is that Reagans fault?

Old 11-28-2013, 05:26 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
no, not really...
then why did you ask?

Old 11-28-2013, 06:37 AM

37,212 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
says you: I don't know one middle class person who feels they were screwed by Reagan. Most of our friends are retired and doing fairly well. Yes, they were Reagan supporters. The ones that were not are hanging in there as well. I have to wonder, when someone makes a remark like you just made, if they were even around or old enough to vote when he was in politics? Not only can I speak for my peers, I look at my kids and now my grandkids. None of them are suffering due to anything Reagan did or didn't do. Quite honestly they are all doing well. The biggest problem is paying back student loans for our grandkids, is that Reagans fault?
I was in my late 20s and early 30s when Reagan was in office. If you were middle class and not hurt by Reagan's policies, you have a short memory. If you were wealthy, you did well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies