Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2013, 08:10 PM

7,308 posts, read 14,693,069 times

Advertisements

The only thing that could have made this picture better would have been if Biden had been in it.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:25 PM

973 posts, read 1,453,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stiffnecked View Post
The only thing that could have made this picture better would have been if Biden had been in it.
I disagree. What would have made it better would have been Delfies (Duck Face Selfie) while throwing up the peace sign. Then text the photo to Biden.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:04 PM

26,500 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vergofa View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvYp...e_gdata_player

"Michelle Obama says Hell No to @BarackObama and sits between him and flirty blonde."
I still don't think this is a "big" deal, but good for Michelle stepping in and making the president behave some.

Old 12-10-2013, 09:24 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I'm not even close to being a teenager & I take selfies. Big deal. My parents just took their first selfie a couple weeks ago, lol, it was hilarious. I guess they're immature as well.
That's really kool, but would either you or your parents be yukking it up, telling jokes and taking selfies at a funeral where you had just given an Eulogy? Would your Dad be flirting with a Blonde at a funeral with your Mom sitting there just after he had given a Eulogy?

There are 5 pictures of this joking around with Michelle sitting there in embarrassment and clearly upset about it. Somebody saw all the tweets going out and reported that the UK press was posting all the pictures and made sure that Obama and the Blonde were separated.

This was the top of the news in the press in the UK and all over twitter. He is an embarrassment.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:14 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,861,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
I still don't think this is a "big" deal, but good for Michelle stepping in and making the president behave some.
Just for a laugh, I had my wife type in "Obama selfie Mandela" into Google. She spends her day away from a computer and other forms of media, so she hadn't heard of Obama's selfish....err, selfie.

Very casually I said "no big deal, right?"...

Whoa, THAT was the wrong thing to say....lol. She knows I'm no fan of Obama (and neither is she), but she took the "what the hell was he thinking doing this in front of the mother of his children" approach, which is ALWAYS when I stop arguing with her!

Old 12-10-2013, 10:23 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,370,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh no, the president is human and did something just about every person with a cellphone does these days. Someone alert the right wing media, we got another fake outrage story for the right wingers to foam at the mouth over.
There is no low to which he can stoop that you won't accept, is there? Anyone with an ounce of class would have the sense not to do that at a funeral, but of course that leaves out most loony liberals.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:45 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,933,771 times
Michelle doesn't like him getting his flirt on! But I can't blame him. YOLO.

Old 12-10-2013, 10:52 PM

7,149 posts, read 4,742,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh no, the president is human and did something just about every person with a cellphone does these days. Someone alert the right wing media, we got another fake outrage story for the right wingers to foam at the mouth over.

Good grief.
The President of the United States is held to higher standards than "just about every person with a cellphone."

This man doesn't measure up to the respect that a US president deserves, and this was a perfect example as to why he does not.
People lose respect when they see this type of behavior.

Foaming at the mouth?
Gimme a break.
I'm not a right-winger, and can tell you that it was a display of disrespect to the person they were there to honor.

Good luck with being in denial.

Been to any of your loved ones' funerals lately where someone has posed like that for a cellphone picture?

Old 12-11-2013, 01:39 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
Just for a laugh, I had my wife type in "Obama selfie Mandela" into Google. She spends her day away from a computer and other forms of media, so she hadn't heard of Obama's selfish....err, selfie.

Very casually I said "no big deal, right?"...

Whoa, THAT was the wrong thing to say....lol. She knows I'm no fan of Obama (and neither is she), but she took the "what the hell was he thinking doing this in front of the mother of his children" approach, which is ALWAYS when I stop arguing with her!
Michelle did look like she was fit to be tied. Not a good move for Barack.

Old 12-11-2013, 01:57 AM

15,532 posts, read 10,504,683 times
People do behave differently at memorials, some celebrate the dead person's life and others are so grief stricken they can't crack a smile. It didn't look very good, but it's not something I'd put at the top of my "oh no he didn't list". At least Michelle seemed to have used some common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies