Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2013, 12:44 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times

Advertisements

This story is all over the map. I am utterly confused and cant even figure out what was and was not asked for.

First of all, He was tried as a minor.
They could have gone two directions with sentancing.
1. In jail to 21 max then 10 years of prarole. Parole means no checking in, just dont get in serious trouble.
2. No jail but probation where he is on a very short leash and if he messes up at all, he goes to jail for 10 years.

(that is one of the stories I heard but not the only story that is out there)

Then there is the deal that the procecution asked for which was 20 years in jail, but you cant do that to a minor who is tried/convicted as a minor. So I cant figure out if the prosectution was trying to get him tried as an adult, or if they are blowing smoke to sound more indignant.

Then there is the story that in Texas we really try NOT to put juveniles in jail at all because there is an 80% or higher recitivism rate. keeping him on probation will actually be harder for him than jail and has a chance of keeping him from becoming a career criminal.

I dunno which way to think about this one. Its given me whiplash.

Personally I think he and his parents need to all go to jail for a very long time and all their worldly goods given to the familes of the dead.... but that isnt an option.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2013, 05:26 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
This story is all over the map. I am utterly confused and cant even figure out what was and was not asked for.

First of all, He was tried as a minor.
They could have gone two directions with sentancing.
1. In jail to 21 max then 10 years of prarole. Parole means no checking in, just dont get in serious trouble.
2. No jail but probation where he is on a very short leash and if he messes up at all, he goes to jail for 10 years.

(that is one of the stories I heard but not the only story that is out there)

Then there is the deal that the procecution asked for which was 20 years in jail, but you cant do that to a minor who is tried/convicted as a minor. So I cant figure out if the prosectution was trying to get him tried as an adult, or if they are blowing smoke to sound more indignant.

Then there is the story that in Texas we really try NOT to put juveniles in jail at all because there is an 80% or higher recitivism rate. keeping him on probation will actually be harder for him than jail and has a chance of keeping him from becoming a career criminal.

I dunno which way to think about this one. Its given me whiplash.

Personally I think he and his parents need to all go to jail for a very long time and all their worldly goods given to the familes of the dead.... but that isnt an option.

Does it strike you as being odd that the state that has continously been the top execution state is so concerned about rehabilitation when it comes to a wealthy kid?

Old 12-13-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfman View Post
They only rejoice if it's a minority getting away with murder. They'll protest the execution of cop killers like Troy Davis, and rejoice when OJ gets away with murder, yet be totally outraged when a rich white kid gets a slap on the hands. The self-loathing is really quite confusing.
Sorry that does not fly regardless of party afflilation, if you kill FOUR PEOPLE while driving drunk (not to mention being underage to boot) regardless of race or economic background you should go to jail PERIOD

Old 12-13-2013, 05:34 PM

[quote=surfman;32599640]Wow!

"this white kid did"

Your own words. There is a huge difference between grown adults like Vick and Burress, and this kid.

You are right there is a big difference, Vick fought dogs and Buress shot himself but this kid KILLED FOUR PEOPLE! There is no excuse or defense for it, plain and simple!

Old 12-13-2013, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Everyone forgets the poor guy Ron Goldman in those murders.
Blank Goldman he was a reported courier anyway!

Old 12-13-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
$50k to a "psych" doc does give one a clue not to mention the reported $500k to a "care facility" where the kid is being banished by his parents aka Ms. Lohan.
I know that the whole thing is just B.S but I tried to be diplomatic in a situation where there should be no diplomacy.....sorry

Old 12-13-2013, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
Liberals should rejoice the judges ruling....everybody can, and should, be rehabilitated.
Actually if there is no punishmant rendered what lesson did he learn except that money can get you out of pretty much anything

Old 12-13-2013, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
if he got away with a crime, so did zimmerman, so that doesnt count as both were proven not guilty by the courts.

another good example in this thread is michael vick. this white kid killed 4 people and he's getting better treatment then multi millionaire celebrity blacks.

Good point

Old 12-13-2013, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
people on the right dismiss race as a factor, even when stats say that non-whites get longer sentences then whites for committing the same crime.

Wide Racial Divide in Sentencing - WSJ.com

Old 12-13-2013, 05:42 PM

1,404 posts, read 1,032,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Sorry that does not fly regardless of party afflilation, if you kill FOUR PEOPLE while driving drunk (not to mention being underage to boot) regardless of race or economic background you should go to jail PERIOD
Obviously you failed to read my prior posts, and only taking offense at my sarcastic snip at progressives.

Tisk Tisk

And then you applaud a race baiting poster?

Double tisk tisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Blank Goldman he was a reported courier anyway!
And then show your caring side when it comes to the victim of a hanious double murder.

Hypocrisy is definitely a friend of yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies