Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2013, 09:46 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLady99 View Post
If black people and white people cannot come together and rise up against the 1%, then we will ALL be thrust into poverty together.

We have to look past race, as race is no longer the issue here. It's the elite class (the rich 1%) against the rest of us (the 99%).

Whites and Blacks will either band together for a revolution in America against the 1% or we will band together in survival mode when we are all thrust into poverty by the 1%. They keep getting richer and we keep getting poorer.

Either way - whites and blacks are going to need to look past race in order to drive any sort of change in the U.S.

If you think the problem is race - then we will continue to be divided and conquered because we cannot fight the real problem which is that the wealthy run this country, have all the freedoms and everybody else works hard and lives paycheck to paycheck.

Divide and conquer. And the American people continue to fall for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2013, 08:26 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,324,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
The 14 year old was a violent offender and showed no remorse to the court.
Neither did this kid

Old 12-21-2013, 08:32 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,934,635 times
HOw did this happen???? Two words: Liberal Judge.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
HOw did this happen???? Two words: Liberal Judge.
How do you know that she is a Liberal judge? Considering that she catered to a very wealthy family?

Old 12-21-2013, 08:41 PM

524 posts, read 400,415 times
Well, this is no shock. It was bound to happen and will only increase. In education, mental health, and social services culture is playing a bigger part in determining a person's reasoning behind a behavior. For example, a middle school teacher in North Charleston, S.C. was verbally and physically assaulted by several students in her classroom. When she attempted to report it, the administrators accused her of not being culturally sensitive enough. She went on teaching and eventually was fired for bringing the situation before the school board. She sued and won afterwards, but she was told to endure being called a "white *****" and having things thrown at her everyday. As a society we have already been making excuses for behavior that is against common law due to culture sensitivity.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
Well, this is no shock. It was bound to happen and will only increase. In education, mental health, and social services culture is playing a bigger part in determining a person's reasoning behind a behavior. For example, a middle school teacher in North Charleston, S.C. was verbally and physically assaulted by several students in her classroom. When she attempted to report it, the administrators accused her of not being culturally sensitive enough. She went on teaching and eventually was fired for bringing the situation before the school board. She sued and won afterwards, but she was told to endure being called a "white *****" and having things thrown at her everyday. As a society we have already been making excuses for behavior that is against common law due to culture sensitivity.

Excuse me, but what does that have to do with a rich kid who happens to be white getting away with murdering 4 people and crippling another?

Old 12-21-2013, 08:46 PM

They took into account his upbringing, i.e. his "culture" in determining the cause or justification of his behavior. Did you not read my post?

Old 12-21-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
They took into account his upbringing, i.e. his "culture" in determining the cause or justification of his behavior. Did you not read my post?
Nope, they also used the excuse of "afflueza" to give it a name (excuse) for his behavior. I find this is appalling since they use upbring of poor people as an excuse but they still go to jail. Now since the many poor people are minorities and there has not been a reported case of this much slack given to them for this type of behavior makes you wonder why a wealthy white person who has no reason in the world to act like he did to get away pretty much scott free.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:58 PM

I never stated the consideration of culture was the sole factor in his sentence. My point is that it was a factor and that will become more prevalent.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:01 PM

Quote:
I never stated the consideration of culture was the sole factor in his sentence. My point is that it was a factor and that will become more prevalent.
I disagree, the main factor was that his family was wealthy and he happened to be a white male
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies