Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2014, 09:46 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,631,880 times

Advertisements

Christie is no different than any other politician.
Of course he groveled and kissed Obama's ring after Hurricane Sandy.
He wanted money, lots of it and groveling to Obama, whose ego soars with that stuff, did just that..get NJ lots and lots of money that didn't have to be paid back.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:51 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,557,262 times
When Christie first came onto my radar I was favorably impressed. As time passed I became somewhat disappointed in his behavior. Today I have watched his news conference and he is handleing himself rather well, I think.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:51 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,682,758 times
Christie has already lied. He claims not to know the Fort Lee mayor. But he does know him. And given that Christie is a terrifying bully, do you actually think the people who worked for him, who owed their jobs to him, would have conversations about tying up traffic in Fort Lee and not tell him that they were doing this. Come on Bridget, David, and Bill, stop the cover-up. There are more who are covering things, people who are close to Christie, and their names will emerge as well. I don't see how Republicans can get behind Christie now, as many of them have privately expressed their concerns about his style of governing, and now some of them are going public about it as well.

Old 01-09-2014, 09:57 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,794,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
I know you just don't really have any idea about Christie - but his history is well documented. You've got nothing on anyone who goes after your guy, so you try to bring up spurious and irrelevant comparisons to Barack Obama.
So you know what I know or don't know? Have we met? Are you saying that when Obama said "I didn't know about....." that he REALLY, REALLY didn't know about.......? That every word that falls out of Obama's mouth is the truth and nothing but the truth? If someone can compare Christie to Nixon, why not use the same comparison of Christie to Obama? Obama lying to the American people and commenting on his claims (which were lies) is "spurious and irrelevant"?

As I've said: Obama's history is well documented.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:00 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,062,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
So you know what I know or don't know? Have we met? Are you saying that when Obama said "I didn't know about....." that he REALLY, REALLY didn't know about.......? That every word that falls out of Obama's mouth is the truth and nothing but the truth? If someone can compare Christie to Nixon, why not use the same comparison of Christie to Obama? Obama lying to the American people and commenting on his claims (which were lies) is "spurious and irrelevant"?

As I've said: Obama's history is well documented.
But that would be racist.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:00 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,698,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
I don't see why the salary is even mentioned as $150k is not a high salary in NJ.
I think some people just toss in irrelevant facts and figures to make it look to the reader as if the writer is well informed to add weight to the story.

No, that was not a Christie pun.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:03 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,752,329 times
I think he made it worse by blaming the whole thing on his staff.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:05 AM

3,555 posts, read 4,103,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I think he made it worse by blaming the whole thing on his staff.
Yeah, and its ironic people are making comparisons to Obama. Haven't they accused him of throwing people under the bus before? I thought the GOP was for personal responsibility

Old 01-09-2014, 10:06 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,798,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I am a Republican and I fail to see what Obama does about anything has anything to do with what has happened in this situation. Christie proved he was all about money with no character in his display with Obama after Sandy. We need an imperfect person with character in the White House the next time. We have had a creep there long enough.

I am still wondering how this was discovered and who first found the information. Could it be because Christie is the only person the polls say could defeat Mrs. Clinton? Were illegally kept telephone calls used to find it? So many questions. It is a long time before the next election. Maybe everybody just needs to do their jobs for a while.
Christie seemed to kiss ass to get money FOR THE PEOPLE OF NJ, the people who were in BIG trouble. He did what he had to do to get help. As I said, I'm not sure I like Christie but it's one hell of a lot better than Obama who always says "I didn't know" and "I'll get to the bottom of this" then does NOTHING and gets the media to cover his ass.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:08 AM

41,109 posts, read 25,798,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
Yeah, and its ironic people are making comparisons to Obama. Haven't they accused him of throwing people under the bus before? I thought the GOP was for personal responsibility
Yes we are. Obama and his supporters should try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies