Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2013, 06:09 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,075 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I think it's perfectly appropriate for a day care to require flu shots. My daughter worked at a day care, and even though she had the vaccine, she got the flu from a kid who hung all over her for an entire day while ill with the flu. DD ended up quite sick, spent some money going to urgent care one night, etc.
Quote:
The point is, this unimmunized kid cost my daughter a lot of money, and time off work, for which a replacement had to be found. Flu is ubiquitous in the winter months in Colorado. That's why a seemingly "mild" disease causes so much harm.
So, you are saying that your vaccinated daughter got the flu from an unimmunized child? That's interesting. Aren't you looking in the wrong direction to place blame? If the vaccine was so great, how did she get the flu? What was the purpose of her getting the flu shot? Looks like to me it wouldn't have mattered whether she was vaccinated or not, she got the flu.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:30 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,914,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
So, you are saying that your vaccinated daughter got the flu from an unimmunized child? That's interesting. Aren't you looking in the wrong direction to place blame? If the vaccine was so great, how did she get the flu? What was the purpose of her getting the flu shot? Looks like to me it wouldn't have mattered whether she was vaccinated or not, she got the flu.
LOL

She even beat her own argument while it was down when she said the flu was ubiquitous during the winter season...

I guess the ONLY resort is making the flu shot mandatory because it is overwhelmingly "ubiquitous"....and everybody is dropping dead from it. Of course, even she knows that isn't the truth.

The vaccination apologists arguments are really starting to collapse on themselves.

Old 12-21-2013, 06:33 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
LOL

She even beat her own argument while it was down when she said the flu was ubiquitous during the winter season...

I guess the ONLY resort is making the flu shot mandatory because it is overwhelmingly "ubiquitous"....and everybody is dropping dead from it. Of course, even she knows that isn't the truth.

The vaccination apologists arguments are really starting to collapse on themselves.
Very true.

Our immune systems play a huge role in our health. Sugar can bring down your immune system and keep it there. We have way too much sugar in our diets. I don't eat a lot of sugar, but if I feel I am getting something, I cut out all sugar and caffeine. Works for me.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:24 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
My daughter had a very long (at least 8 hr) up close and personal (child literally hanging on her, breathing and coughing into her face) exposure from a child brought to day care with "just a cold" which turned out to be flu. She was also exposed from other kids in the day care. Children, especially young children of day care age, have poorer hygiene than adults and help spread the flu that way, too. Kids are contagious for at least 24 hours before they have symptoms as well. DD did have a milder case of flu than if she had been unimmunized, I think 3-4 days.

Bottom line is I think every child who attends day care should be immunized for flu.

Quote:
Very true.

Our immune systems play a huge role in our health. Sugar can bring down your immune system and keep it there. We have way too much sugar in our diets. I don't eat a lot of sugar, but if I feel I am getting something, I cut out all sugar and caffeine. Works for me.
Yes, that was my daughter's problem, she ate too much sugar.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:29 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
LOL

I would appreciate you not talking about me as if I weren't here.

Old 12-21-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
I would appreciate you not talking about me as if I weren't here.
I wasn't...

Old 12-21-2013, 08:53 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
The flu shot is not 100% guaranteed to protect you.
It's more near 60% and one never knows if what's in the shot is the flu that strikes that season.

Many people are of the mistaken belief that they are 100% protected against "the flu" regardless of strain.

Old 12-21-2013, 09:05 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,837,240 times
I think the outgoing mayor should retire to a back room and eat those Cheese Doodles he admits to overindulging in...while he enacts "bans" for the mere mortals.

Old 12-21-2013, 10:49 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times
Quote:
What......
You're just not taking the flu seriously enough. This could be the year that the outbreak kills millions. Not only should every single child in the country who's not vaccinated be forced to home school, we should also outlaw home schooling! Or at least put all parents of home schooled children on the domestic terrorists watch list and maybe restrict their access to Government building and travel. Let's see free thinkers try to weasel out of that one!

No, there's no guarantee the flu vaccine will prevent your child from getting the flu. In fact it's likely that the shot won't protect your child at all. Yes, the flu vaccine makes people sick every year. Yes, the flu vaccine is filled with aluminum, embalming fluid, ammonia, (maybe a little mercury?) & slew of other such chemicals you would never knowingly inject into your child. Yes it lowers their immune systems, but still the message should be clear. The flu vaccine must be received.

As good consumers and statists we must immunize our children if the corporations & Government tell us we should and it's important we ostracize & ruin the lives of those that don't comply. Only the corporations, as the decision makers for our Government really know what's best for our children and it's important that they get this mandated accross the country so they can make a lot more money. What's good for the mega-pharma's is good for America and if you don't love America then gtf out!

Old 12-21-2013, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
You're just not taking the flu seriously enough. This could be the year that the outbreak kills millions. Not only should every single child in the country who's not vaccinated be forced to home school, we should also outlaw home schooling! Or at least put all parents of home schooled children on the domestic terrorists watch list and maybe restrict their access to Government building and travel. Let's see free thinkers try to weasel out of that one!

No, there's no guarantee the flu vaccine will prevent your child from getting the flu. In fact it's likely that the shot won't protect your child at all. Yes, the flu vaccine makes people sick every year. Yes, the flu vaccine is filled with aluminum, embalming fluid, ammonia, (maybe a little mercury?) & slew of other such chemicals you would never knowingly inject into your child. Yes it lowers their immune systems, but still the message should be clear. The flu vaccine must be received.

As good consumers and statists we must immunize our children if the corporations & Government tell us we should and it's important we ostracize & ruin the lives of those that don't comply. Only the corporations, as the decision makers for our Government really know what's best for our children and it's important that they get this mandated accross the country so they can make a lot more money. What's good for the mega-pharma's is good for America and if you don't love America then gtf out!

Whew....

Ok I feel much better now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies