Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2013, 10:01 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You are entitled to your own opinions. You are not entitled to your own facts. There is a miniscule risk to flu vaccine, so miniscule that it is hard for people who have spent years in grad school studying epidemiology have difficulty calculating. The risks to flu disease are huge and calculable.
I'll take my chances with the flu.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Are these the state's children or the parents children. When you answer that you will have the truth.
Agree with this. The parents should have the right to decide, not the government, what is best for their children. It is a massive over reach for the government to force parents to vaccinate their own children. NYC is very expensive making it necessary in many instances for both parents to work and they depend on daycare to take care of their children while they work. These parents are being forced into something that they may not feel is best and that is just wrong, no matter how you feel about vaccines.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:09 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Agree with this. The parents should have the right to decide, not the government, what is best for their children. It is a massive over reach for the government to force parents to vaccinate their own children. NYC is very expensive making it necessary in many instances for both parents to work and they depend on daycare to take care of their children while they work. These parents are being forced into something that they may not feel is best and that is just wrong, no matter how you feel about vaccines.
Those daycares are hotbeds of viral activity.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:12 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
I think it's heartless to dismiss parents concerns about the vaccine. There are plenty of stories coming from parents who had children who were thriving pre-vaccine who had obvious health issues afterwards. Parents know their own children and I don't think it's right to be so dismissive of them. They may be right. The science behind vaccines is not cut and dry. There is bias as to what gets published and what does not due to the massive amounts of money involved in the industry. Even some of the studies that have managed to get published are questionable. Scientists who question the vaccine, go from respected to quacks overnight. I can't imagine giving a 6 month old a flu shot, or getting one myself while pregnant. People should have the right to choose. I feel bad for those families who have to rely on daycare in NYC so that they can afford to support their families who will now be forced to vaccinate their children, even if it goes against their beliefs. It's a huge over reach of government power.
What a refreshing breath of fresh air, and a well reasoned approach to the debate. If only everyone were inclined to such "thoughfulness" the children would be much safer, healthier, and happier, which is what EVERYONE should strive for without exception.

I don't know what motivates the pro-vaccine crowd, but it's likely to differ from individual to individual, some out of ignorance, others perhaps cold blooded malice. But at the end of the day, the harmful results make motive rather irrelevant to the damaged children.

What I find inexcusable is the dismissiveness from so-called medical people whose FIRST obligation is to do no harm. This obligation is amplified when it comes to our children, and no punishment too severe for those who are negligent in fulfilling that obligation for whatever reason or excuse.

Throughout this thread, and the many others I have previosly participated in, the same tactics are employed by the pro-vacciners ... citing sources that have long been exposed as deliberate liars. Countless cases have been exposed proving that Pharamceutical corporations will and have deliberately marketed harmful drugs, while covering up the known saefty issues for the sake of profits. Many thousands have died as a result, while exponentially larger numbers have suffered harm. And at this point, this isn't a secret, but a proven reality that any marginally informed person cannot legitimately claim ignorance, nor am I inclined to accept that excuse as reasonable.

Vaccines contain among their ingredients, known and scientifically established neurotoxins. When a child suddenly develops neurological disorders subsequent to the administration of substances that include neurotoxins, it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to uncover the most likely suspect, does it? Those who immediately dismiss this as coincidental to the injections of neurotoxins are not qualified to work at a car washing establishment, let alone in the medical field.

This leads me to consider the unfortunate probability that what we face here is more likely pure, unadulterated evil, rather than uninformed and misguided incompetence.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:13 AM

7,242 posts, read 7,910,626 times
They are crazies and this is a legit public health issue. They're not just risking their own kids lives but the lives of everyone else's kids as well.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
What a refreshing breath of fresh air, and a well reasoned approach to the debate. If only everyone were inclined to such "thoughfulness" the children would be much safer, healthier, and happier, which is what EVERYONE should strive for without exception.

I don't know what motivates the pro-vaccine crowd, but it's likely to differ from individual to individual, some out of ignorance, others perhaps cold blooded malice. But at the end of the day, the harmful results make motive rather irrelevant to the damaged children.

What I find inexcusable is the dismissiveness from so-called medical people whose FIRST obligation is to do no harm. This obligation is amplified when it comes to our children, and no punishment too severe for those who are negligent in fulfilling that obligation for whatever reason or excuse.

Throughout this thread, and the many others I have previosly participated in, the same tactics are employed by the pro-vacciners ... citing sources that have long been exposed as deliberate liars. Countless cases have been exposed proving that Pharamceutical corporations will and have deliberately marketed harmful drugs, while covering up the known saefty issues for the sake of profits. Many thousands have died as a result, while exponentially larger numbers have suffered harm. And at this point, this isn't a secret, but a proven reality that any marginally informed person cannot legitimately claim ignorance, nor am I inclined to accept that excuse as reasonable.

Vaccines contain among their ingredients, known and scientifically established neurotoxins. When a child suddenly develops neurological disorders subsequent to the administration of substances that include neurotoxins, it doesn't take Sherlock Holmes to uncover the most likely suspect, does it? Those who immediately dismiss this as coincidental to the injections of neurotoxins are not qualified to work at a car washing establishment, let alone in the medical field.

This leads me to consider the unfortunate probability that what we face here is more likely pure, unadulterated evil, rather than uninformed and misguided incompetence.
I think that the people who are extremely pro vaccine to the point of being dismissive of anything that does not support their point of view truly believe that they are right. They are extremely trusting of authority and just cannot fathom that there could be bias in the studies or harm from the medicine that the authorities have told them is safe and effective. I suppose in a way their belief is due to the often positive trait of trust. They trust the authorities in the field of medicine to be looking out for their best interest. They cannot fathom how profits and/or power could interfere with any of that. They know that the "trusted authorities" are on their side and that inflates their sense of being "right" to a point of arrogance.

It's frustrating to try and have a discussion with people like this because their mind is so closed off from anything that deviates from what they have been taught to believe. They don't want to even hear the other side. It's frightening to see what is happening in NYC because if it can happen there, it can happen anywhere and I'm afraid that a lot of people would blindly support it without fully understanding the implications.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:38 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Evidence that the studies that support the vaccine industry are the ones that make it into the medical journals due to the bias that comes along with the massive profits of the pharmaceutical industry? Evidence that some are not so convincing? Evidence that scientists who question the industry get labelled as quacks overnight? Evidence that parents know their children and know when everything changes suddenly with their child post vaccination?

What kind of evidence are you asking for? It's all out there. Lots of it, if you just read all sides of the story, pro and con, with an open mind and without automatically dismissing anything and everything that does not support your preconceived notions.
Parents have a hard time accepting the fact that just because a child develops a serious illness after receiving a vaccine does not mean the vaccine caused the illness.

There have been studies done all over the world on hundreds of thousands of children that demonstrate the safety and efficacy of vaccines. No matter how many anecdotes you read from parents that insist "it had to be the vaccine," the facts say otherwise.

The economics of vaccines proves they save the health system money, not only in reducing the cost of treating the illnesses that vaccines prevent but also in lost time from work due to illness or caring for a sick family member. When flu hits a family, it is likely that everyone who is not vaccinated will get sick. That means that a parent who is sick is having to take care of the kids who are sick. Meanwhile, their employer is paying someone who is not able to work. That reduces the productivity of the company.

If someone who is vaccinated gets sick with one of the strains in the vaccine (the vaccine did not work), it is likely that the illness will be much less severe.

So if you are basing a decision not to vaccinate on internet stories from parents who are convinced vaccines damaged their children, despite the mountain of scientific evidence otherwise, you might want to reconsider that decision.

By the way, the "scientists" who question vaccines are not people who actually work with vaccines. The majority are internet gurus who will be happy to sell you some "alternative" nostrum. If they act like quacks, they deserve the label. Pediatricians who offer alternative schedules of administering vaccines are just pandering to parental demands. They know there is no scientific reason to do it, but it gets the kids vaccinated eventually.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:39 AM

904 posts, read 688,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
Those daycares are hotbeds of viral activity.
We need to look at why we send our young one's to other's care in the first place.

The future says that we change this practice, and adopt a family first attitude, not materialism first.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:41 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well then post some evidence.
What would you like? Maybe a link to Webster's Dictionary perhaps? Or is Webster's not a credible source for the definition of "neurotoxin" and "neurotoxic".

Neurotoxin is defined as a substance that is toxic to neurons. The human neurological system heavily relies on properly functioning and undamaged neurons to complete it's multitude of tasks essential to wellbeing.

When a neurotoxin is introduced into the human body, neurological damage can result, and those results vary from individual to individual, based on othe factors, such as existing toxic load, and the variable ability of that individual to handle the assault. Each person is different.

When a person IS exposed to a neurotoxin, and does subsequently experience neurological damage, dismissing the obvious "cause and effect" relationship here is unflattering to one's intelligence or integrity ... and I am not inclined to believe that level of stupidity would allow a person to successfully operate a computer keyboard.

Old 12-24-2013, 10:43 AM

904 posts, read 688,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Parents have a hard time accepting the fact that just because a child develops a serious illness after receiving a vaccine does not mean the vaccine caused the illness.

There have been studies done all over the world on hundreds of thousands of children that demonstrate the safety and efficacy of vaccines. No matter how many anecdotes you read from parents that insist "it had to be the vaccine," the facts say otherwise.

The economics of vaccines proves they save the health system money, not only in reducing the cost of treating the illnesses that vaccines prevent but also in lost time from work due to illness or caring for a sick family member. When flu hits a family, it is likely that everyone who is not vaccinated will get sick. That means that a parent who is sick is having to take care of the kids who are sick. Meanwhile, their employer is paying someone who is not able to work. That reduces the productivity of the company.

If someone who is vaccinated gets sick with one of the strains in the vaccine (the vaccine did not work), it is likely that the illness will be much less severe.

So if you are basing a decision not to vaccinate on internet stories from parents who are convinced vaccines damaged their children, despite the mountain of scientific evidence otherwise, you might want to reconsider that decision.

By the way, the "scientists" who question vaccines are not people who actually work with vaccines. The majority are internet gurus who will be happy to sell you some "alternative" nostrum. If they act like quacks, they deserve the label. Pediatricians who offer alternative schedules of administering vaccines are just pandering to parental demands. They know there is no scientific reason to do it, but it gets the kids vaccinated eventually.
47 vaccine shots before the age of 6....

I'm guessing they do bad things to children. Children are not getting smarter, they are getting dumber, more withdrawn. Autism, and other immune system diseases, as well as allergies has increased with the increase of vaccines. No other country gives this many vaccines, or has the troubles we have.

Infant mortality
Infant mortality rates regressed against number of vaccine doses routinely given: Is there a biochemical or synergistic toxicity?
Studies show that the countries with the most vaccines have the worst infant death rate | Health Impact News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies