Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2013, 08:07 AM

524 posts, read 400,415 times

Advertisements

And many years before that as well.

As a health professional there is some bias in promoting medicine. It's the industry one works in and if you were to go around stating some type of treatment was ineffective, patients would no longer seek that specific treatment. Don't get me wrong, I am not against vaccines as a whole, however, if a flu vaccine works half the time and they cannot develop them fast enough to treat the current strand, what's the point in getting it? To support Merek, which in turn supports your industry?

As a health professional, I would assume you would have access to the package inserts, but here is a link anyway.
Influenza Disease and Vaccines - National Vaccine Information Center

It states the effiacy rate of 60-69 percent for the overall population and as low as 13.8 percent for those over 50 years of age. This is for the quadrivalent vaccine.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:32 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowrimol View Post
And many years before that as well.

As a health professional there is some bias in promoting medicine. It's the industry one works in and if you were to go around stating some type of treatment was ineffective, patients would no longer seek that specific treatment. Don't get me wrong, I am not against vaccines as a whole, however, if a flu vaccine works half the time and they cannot develop them fast enough to treat the current strand, what's the point in getting it? To support Merek, which in turn supports your industry?

As a health professional, I would assume you would have access to the package inserts, but here is a link anyway.
Influenza Disease and Vaccines - National Vaccine Information Center

It states the effiacy rate of 60-69 percent for the overall population and as low as 13.8 percent for those over 50 years of age. This is for the quadrivalent vaccine.
We also have a specialized knowledge base. Sort of like engineers know engineering. You don't see thread after thread here on CD telling engineers how to build bridges, or whatever.

NVIC is an anit-immunization organization with zero credibility. I have seen no stats from any professional source about the efficacy of this year's vaccine. Last year's vax was not as effective as some have been.
National Vaccine Information Center - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-22-2013, 09:17 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Aluminum injections desensitize you to cognizance of contrail alumination.

It is the gullibility mineral.

"It’s gotten so bad that I understand that in the underside of the driver’s side wheel well, workers are affixing a small aluminum plate with the VIN and the word “gullible” stamped under it. They know the car will never work."

Chevy Volt: Car for the Gullible Green Driver - John Ransom - Townhall Finance Conservative Columnists and Financial Commentary - Page full

ARL : Aluminum Toxicity

http://www.drpepi.com/aluminum-poisoning.php

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 12-22-2013 at 09:25 AM..

Old 12-22-2013, 10:10 AM

I posted the link because it gives direct access to the pharmaceutical insert for the vaccines.

Just because you are a health professional does not mean that you are all knowing in your field. Just take a look at the insert for this year's quadrivalent vaccine.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:57 AM

904 posts, read 687,983 times
"If it's so great, why does it have to be FORCED on people"

Suzanne Humphries on Vaccines - YouTube

Old 12-22-2013, 11:01 AM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
"If it's so great, why does it have to be FORCED on people"
Because stupid people are stupid.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:03 AM

Quote:
That still does not negate the fact that overall vaccines are effective 60% of the time.
Kind of like the "fact" that the sun revolves around the earth?

Quote:
I think it's a horrible mandate, especially considering the vaccines are, for the most part, not effective on the newest strand going around.
The newest "strand." Clearly you are qualified to speak on vaccines.

Quote:
But hey, I don't live in New York and I never would. Too much government intrusion. And NYC is an up in coming police state.
Uh-huh.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:08 AM

904 posts, read 687,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
Because stupid people are stupid.
You think Bloomberg is smarter than a 5th grader? WHo's stupid now.

Vaccines do more harm than help. The efficacy is less than 1.5% a statistical 0.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:23 AM

[quote=Globe199;32709121]Kind of like the "fact" that the sun revolves around the earth?

The newest "strand." Clearly you are qualified to speak on vaccines.

Uh-huh

Not sure what your intention was with the post, but oh well.

Old 12-22-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Not sure what your intention was with the post, but oh well.
Oh, no kidding?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies