Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should happen to the Duck Dynasty Star for his statements about Gays?
He should be fired! 2 9.09%
He should be suspended 0 0%
He should be allowed to go back after an apology 1 4.55%
He should be able to state his opinion without fear losing his TV job 19 86.36%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 08:42 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,744,347 times

Advertisements

Also remember, in July Phil did say he was going to retire after season 4.
He is just in the prayer scene at the end in season 5.

Old 12-22-2013, 08:51 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,168,282 times
Homosexuals just set themselves back 100 years as far as I'm concerned. People are willing to extend a bit of empathy and sympathy until the "you're a bigot" card is overplayed. It's similar to the "you're a racist" card and just how little people care about being called a "racist" for every little negative comment made about black people and black culture. HomoActivists don't know when to pull back on the reigns, and now the word "bigot" just doesn't have any meaning anymore.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:13 AM

59,347 posts, read 27,522,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
That is an ironic comparison since Phil Robertson seemed to think Jim Crow wasn't a big deal.
This probably one o f the MOST asinine statements yet.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:26 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,411,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Homosexuals just set themselves back 100 years as far as I'm concerned. People are willing to extend a bit of empathy and sympathy until the "you're a bigot" card is overplayed. It's similar to the "you're a racist" card and just how little people care about being called a "racist" for every little negative comment made about black people and black culture. HomoActivists don't know when to pull back on the reigns, and now the word "bigot" just doesn't have any meaning anymore.
Conservative Christians just set themselves back about 2000 years as far as I'm concerned. People are willing to extend a bit of empathy and sympathy for religiously indoctrinated ignorance until the 'I'm just expressing what the Bible says' or 'I'm being persecuted for my beliefs!" card is overplayed every time they cherry pick the Bible and say something bigoted, ignorant and just plain nasty about other people - and they whine and get hysterical when other people criticize them for it. Conservative Christians just don't know when to pull back on the reigns, and now the label conservative Christian has come to be associated with hypocrisy, ignorance and prejudice and a whiny sense of self-entitlement and expectation of special treatment.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
My source is a recording of him saying it. I can't think of a better source.

(you can watch it here - //www.city-data.com/forum/32687868-post178.html )

As a gay person, I care when people spread such vicious, hateful lies about gay people. It's harmful, especially when it reaches the ears of gay kids.
As a straight person I care when people spread such vicious, hateful lies about straight people. It's harmful, especially when it reaches the ears of straight kids.

Why do YOU and others like you ALWAYS have to portray people who DON"T agree with YOUR lifestyle as bigots, haters , etc?

Why do YOU and your kind ALWAYS have to push YOUR lifestyle on the rest of us?

Old 12-22-2013, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettNexus View Post
None of you read the interview. He said black were not singing the blues back in his day, which is when the blues was invented. He said he would vote for Mitt Romney because if its late and night Obama would make him feel unsafe.... He stated Blacks were much happier
Under segregation at a time when lynching and beating were common. No blacks ever complained to him so they must have had it pretty good back then right?
" He stated Blacks were much happier..." Wrong, he said NO SUCH THING.

He said the BLACKS THAT HE WORKED WITH. No where did he say ALL blacks as you claim.

There is a HUGE difference. A FACT that you ignore.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:39 AM

14,887 posts, read 10,063,434 times
Cracker Barrel Stores have apologized for offending their customers by removing the products from their stores. Cue the tolerant backlash.

https://www.facebook.com/CrackerBarr...02887726427665

Quote:
Dear Cracker Barrel Customer:

When we made the decision to remove and evaluate certain Duck Dynasty items, we offended many of our loyal customers. Our intent was to avoid offending, but that’s just what we've done.

You told us we made a mistake. And, you weren't shy about it. You wrote, you called and you took to social media to express your thoughts and feelings. You flat out told us we were wrong.

We listened.

Today, we are putting all our Duck Dynasty products back in our stores.

And, we apologize for offending you.

We respect all individuals right to express their beliefs. We certainly did not mean to have anyone think different.

We sincerely hope you will continue to be part of our Cracker Barrel family.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_TX View Post
i dont think republicans care about dude getting "fired"

most i heard says a private company can do what they want

---

i think the people on tv that aren't liberal always fall into these interview traps

this is no different than the time that beauty pagent chick was asked about HER opinion on gay marriage

she didn't use any vile language or make any negative remarks when she stated HER opinion...however the media and gay groups immediately started trashing her and you seen musto and perez and all those cats started saying vile things about her and a taskforce was dispatched to "destroy" her for giving HER opinion.
"most i heard says a private company can do what they want" except when it comes to baker who refused to do a job for gays. or other stories in the same vain.

I find many exposing this sentiment are the biggest hypocrites.

Old 12-22-2013, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Conservative Christians just set themselves back about 2000 years as far as I'm concerned. People are willing to extend a bit of empathy and sympathy for religiously indoctrinated ignorance until the 'I'm just expressing what the Bible says' or 'I'm being persecuted for my beliefs!" card is overplayed every time they cherry pick the Bible and say something bigoted, ignorant and just plain nasty about other people - and they whine and get hysterical when other people criticize them for it. Conservative Christians just don't know when to pull back on the reigns, and now the label conservative Christian has come to be associated with hypocrisy, ignorance and prejudice and a whiny sense of self-entitlement and expectation of special treatment.
"Conservative Christians just set themselves back about 2000 years as far as I'm concerned.'

I am going to turn you in to your employer because you made a bigoted testament about Conservative Christians.

I wonder how that would work?

Old 12-22-2013, 10:10 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,050,228 times
The PC and anti Christian crowd barked up the wrong tree finally.

‘We Listened’: Cracker Barrel Reverses Decision to Remove ‘Duck Dynasty’ Products From Stores | TheBlaze.com

good stuff
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies