Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2013, 01:15 PM

904 posts, read 687,866 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
By howling about how SSM shouldn't be legal, you're demanding others live by your superstitions.
What does rape and murder have to do with anything? They're wrong because we live in a society and societies function best when they adhere to Hammurabi's Code.
They function best when they live by The Creator of all things Laws.
SSM is against His laws, and His laws of Nature.

Hammurabi ruled for 43 yrs. The Almighty has ruled for ever.

Do you agree with these two Hammurabi gems?

Ex. Law #22: "If any one is committing a robbery and is caught, then he shall be put to death."

Ex. Law #196. "If a man destroy the eye of another man, they shall destroy his eye. If one break a man's bone, they shall break his bone. If one destroy the eye of a freeman or break the bone of a freeman he shall pay one mana of silver. If one destroy the eye of a man's slave or break a bone of a man's slave he shall pay one-half his price

Old 12-21-2013, 01:17 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,227,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Pointing out the creators rules is not condemning anyone. Only people can condemn themselves.

I wouldn't tempt my God. He is very patient, and always gets the outcome He desires.
I AM one of the Creators. I recently bought a Creator set on amazon. It allows me to build entire worlds:

LEGO.com Creator Home

Since I am The Creator, I declare that homosexuality is alright with me. Case closed.

Come join me - you can make your own strange worlds and truly force all your little people to live according to your rules. Sounds right up your alley.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuselage View Post
I AM one of the Creators. I recently bought a Creator set on amazon. It allows me to build entire worlds:

LEGO.com Creator Home

Since I am The Creator, I declare that homosexuality is alright with me. Case closed.

Come join me - you can make your own strange worlds and truly force all your little people to live according to your rules. Sounds right up your alley.
You have absolute freedom in your lego world.

You do not have absolute freedom in determining what is right and wrong in this world or the one to come.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunar Delta View Post
And when they aren't doing that, they are busy shoving things down people's throats.
Is that the infamous "tea bagging" I always hear about?

Old 12-21-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
You have absolute freedom in your lego world.

You do not have absolute freedom in determining what is right and wrong in this world or the one to come.
Exactly. Nor do you. I am not trying to impose MY will onto others. You are! If you don't want to have a homosexual spouse - for whatever reason, then don't. End of story.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:24 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times
Quote:

What if another who doesn't believe in God or God's laws, and makes his own rules, decides that it's alright to kill homosexuals? are you OK with that? If there are no moral absoulutes, then we each do as we choose. We decide for ourselves what is right and wrong. God made rules for us for a reason.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:26 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
They function best when they live by The Creator of all things Laws.
Factually incorrect. Society does not function better under Biblical law. Are you familiar with the Dark Ages? Nothing productive came out of that (perhaps some wonderful art). Science and free thinking were heavily oppressed, many scientists jailed or killed for speaking the truth. Guess who's law we were following at the time?

Old 12-21-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
What if another who doesn't believe in God or God's laws, and makes his own rules, decides that it's alright to kill homosexuals? are you OK with that? If there are no moral absoulutes, then we each do as we choose. We decide for ourselves what is right and wrong. God made rules for us for a reason.
No, why would I? I wonder what the heck is wrong with you that the only thing that's stopping you from killing homosexuals (or anyone) is that you are afraid of god? That's screwed up.

I hate to tell you this, but most of us civilized folk manage to have a very good grasp on right and wrong without the fear of eternal damnation.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Exactly. Nor do you. I am not trying to impose MY will onto others. You are! If you don't want to have a homosexual spouse - for whatever reason, then don't. End of story.
Not really the end. Gays are trying to redefine my story.

Old 12-21-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Factually incorrect. Society does not function better under Biblical law. Are you familiar with the Dark Ages? Nothing productive came out of that (perhaps some wonderful art). Science and free thinking were heavily oppressed, many scientists jailed or killed for speaking the truth. Guess who's law we were following at the time?
Very familiar. The Dark Ages did not live by the Teachings of Christ.
Just more corrupt, power hungry individuals, using Scripture to enslave the masses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies