Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2013, 02:12 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,202,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Religious objections to a secular law don't make any sense.

The only connection I see between the two was made by the judge in the Utah decision:

"The recognition of same-sex marriage expands religious freedom because some churches ... desire to perform same-sex (civil) wedding ceremonies but are currently unable to do so."
The people of Utah rejected same sex marriage. An unelected federal appointee forced it on the people.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:14 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The people of Utah rejected same sex marriage. An unelected federal appointee forced it on the people.
Liberals like the idea of unilateral tyranny if it gets them what they want.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:15 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Get married to your cat for all i care.
Thank you.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Oh, I'm so glad you said this!!

the first amendment promotes freedom of religion and separation of church and state. You have the right to be against gay people getting married, but it is unconstitutional to get your religious views made law, thanks to the constitution. Just because you don't like that freedom applies to everyone doesn't change the fact that it does.
The Constitution forbids the establishment of a national religion. There is no constitutional "separation of church and state".

I'm glad I said this too.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:18 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,103,566 times
Quote:
and ... ?

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Doesn't matter. The law is unconstitutional. Rather or not it's popular is irrelevant if it defies the constitution. 56% of American are in favor of an assault weapons ban, but a very good argument can be made stating that the ban would be unconstitutional (second amendment). Do we override the constitution to make people happy? I don't think so. Not on any issue. I dislike religion, but I don't want it banned. That's unconstitutional. I just use freedom of religion to mean freedom FROM religion. Completely constitutional and no one gets hurt. Popular opinion isn't important. Most American's hate atheists but it's still legal thanks to the constitution.

2,572 posts, read 4,252,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
If Marriage is no longer between a Man and a Woman, then my story is changed.

People ask if i am married, i will have to explain "yes to a woman" No i am not gay... (story changed)

It happened when i gave a lecture at a school. I said my partner, and they said ewww are you gay.
I said no, i have a business partner, and we are both married to women.

The Gays are redefining the meaning of words, and that changes my story.

That offends me greatly. But because i am on the side of morality in this country. Me being offended is not as important as Gays that are offended.

It is a issue that will cause people to hurt each other. It always has, throughout history.

When the Story is changed from truth, to a lie.
Your profile clearly states you are a female and homemaker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Oh, I'm so glad you said this!!

the first amendment promotes freedom of religion and separation of church and state. You have the right to be against gay people getting married, but it is unconstitutional to get your religious views made law, thanks to the constitution. Just because you don't like that freedom applies to everyone doesn't change the fact that it does.
The Constitution forbids the creation of a national religion. There is no constitutional "separation of church and state".

Old 12-21-2013, 02:19 PM

904 posts, read 687,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Even if your imaginary friend turns out to be real, he still has no place in our laws.
So hammertime33 decrees that the Creator of the earth he inhabits has no place in our laws....

Wow, the arrogance, the ungratefulness. We are all given this place to learn and grow, and you dismiss the one who made it all possible. Sad.

Old 12-21-2013, 02:20 PM

904 posts, read 687,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okie1962 View Post

Your profile clearly states you are a female and homemaker.
It can say whatever i want it to say. It's my story... I thought you would understand that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies