Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 03:10 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,346,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
I left the city of Houston years ago because of people like you and Annise Parker, I grew tired of paying your bills and for your mistakes.

You're welcome.
"People like me" as in college graduates and single persons with a household income more than twice the city average? Not a cent out of your filthy pocket has built anything in this house, sir. Your assumptions about me are a shining illustration of your ignorance and bigotry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 03:11 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
To put this in context, she was interviewed by telephone by a Texax GLBT news source:

Houston Mayor Annise Parker calls Phil Robertson a 'redneck wingnut' whose views are 'completely irrelevant' | Lone Star Q

"Naturally, I couldn’t resist asking Parker — the nation’s first openly gay big-city mayor — what she thinks about the Phil Robertson “Duck Dynasty” controversy."

“I have never watched ‘Duck Dynasty,’ so I don’t think about it much at all,” Parker responded. “I’ve been a gay community activist since the mid-70s.
It was a very different time. We were fighting to keep people out of jails and mental hospitals. What some redneck wingnut has to say about the GLBT community is completely irrelevant.”
Thank you for the context. The high moralizing about her bring held to a higher standard is just deflecting from Robertson's comments. Its a pathetic attempt to equate the two when there is no equivalence.

People defending Robertson but denouncing Parker just live off this double standards when they're called out. Her using the word redneck as derogatory makes no difference. It was always used as derogatory slang to ppl who espouse backward and hateful ignorant stuff.

Old 12-23-2013, 03:11 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
"People like me" as in college graduates and single persons with a household income more than twice the city average? Not a cent out of your filthy pocket has built anything in the house, sir. Your assumptions about me are a shining illustration of your ignorance and bigotry.
The only thing more pathetic than your apparent lies are your opinions.

Old 12-23-2013, 03:13 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Its not the same thing! There is no moral equivalence. That is just absurd.

Saying that some one is an irrelevant ignorant fool for saying hateful racist and homophobic comments is not in the same field as the person who said the hateful stuff. Good lord, some of you are so transparent.

Look just stick to your guns instead of tossing in the "civility" card and thinking cons are getting prejudice for their backwards views. Being racist and homophobic is not some ticket to be a rebellious fool. It's not cool and ppl will call you out on it, but it's not the same "hate".
Seriously, using the argument of some of these people:

The KKK just has 'different views" about blacks. Hitler just had "different views" about Jews

And we should respect their 'different views"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
The only thing more pathetic than your apparent lies are your opinions.
Well, let's see some proof that these are lies. They're "apparent", so it shouldn't take you that long to find it.

Quote:
"People like me" as in college graduates and single persons with a household income more than twice the city average? Not a cent out of your filthy pocket has built anything in this house, sir. Your assumptions about me are a shining illustration of your ignorance and bigotry.
These relics think they're the gatekeepers of the American social order so they espouse high morals which are more than just empty platitudes. They think they're being "rebels" when they just look foolish.

They didn't build Houston.

Old 12-23-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
These relics think they're the gatekeepers of the American social order so they espouse high morals which are more than just empty platitudes. They think they're being "rebels" when they just look foolish.

They didn't build Houston.
...all behind the safety of a keyboard.

Oh, don't get me wrong. Once in a while, they may find the balls to tell some kid to pull his pants up, but even he knows better than to pay them any mind.

Old 12-23-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Seriously, using the argument of some of these people:

The KKK just has 'different views" about blacks. Hitler just had "different views" about Jews

And we should respect their 'different views"

Exactly! I guess we are being hateful because we call their comments ignorant too?

Good Lord, I wish these ppl would just own up to being racist or homophobic or xenophobic instead of hiding behind the civility canard or telling others who call them out that they're being intolerant of their views and therefore "hateful".

Old 12-23-2013, 03:18 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,041,959 times
Quote:
Well, let's see some proof that these are lies. They're "apparent", so it shouldn't take you that long to find it.
You mean aside from your 7,700+ posts, most of which clearly came from someone who has never seen the inside of a college classroom except to empty the trash cans?

Old 12-23-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:
...all behind the safety of a keyboard.

Oh, don't get me wrong. Once in a while, they may find the balls to tell some kid to pull his pants up, but even he knows better than to pay them any mind.
They'll say it behind a keyboard because they know they'll get called out in public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies