Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2013, 11:17 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,447,180 times

Advertisements

This is typical Progressive behavior. Nothing new here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2013, 11:23 AM

23,532 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud; A&E claims it's received death threats since Phil Robertson's suspension | abc13.com

I don't follow the Mayor very much at all so I don't know if this kind of ignorance is normal for her but I find it hard to believe that anyone elected to represent the City of Houston would have the nerve to make such a stupid statement.
The mayor reflects the ethics and attitude of the people who elected her.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:25 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
The mayor reflects the ethics and attitude of the people who elected her.
No she doesn't, the people of Houston aren't bigoted morons like the mayor appears to be.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:38 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguy View Post
I see what you mean. Thanks. The thing is, she's a politician, and politicians of all leanings do this kind of stuff constantly. Frankly, I wish they would all stop it and just get back to the business of governing.

I'm a bit emotional about this, as a couple of my family members have been very hurt by this whole thing. I tend to be very protective in that respect.
If the mayor of Houston had said "who cares what a homo says - their comments are irrelevant" you might feel different. There are millions more rednecks than homosexuals; they have family protective of them, also. And most rednecks were born that way..

Old 12-23-2013, 11:41 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguy View Post
Even though I agree with the mayor's comments, the more I think about it, the more I wish she would stay out of it. It's like I mentioned earlier, politicians think they have to jump into just about everything like this when there's already enough to keep them occupied, like running a city, state, or country. It might have been better to take the high road and just say "I don't agree with Robertson and am supportive of all Houstonians working and living together harmoniously", or something like that. That's if anything needed to be said at all. Of course politicians all over the country are chiming in on both sides of the issue.
You agree with her comments? You agree that the views of people unlike you are irrelevant?

Wow.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:00 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
You agree with her comments? You agree that the views of people unlike you are irrelevant?

Wow.
This is just absurd. How can you even compare the two? They're not the same. Homophobic comments are not something that should be considered a legit opinion but prejudice drivel. It is irrelevant what some redneck said. The world doesn't revolve around their feelings.

I completely agree with her comments and am glad she spoke up.

This ridiculous feeling that conservative types are being discriminated against for their backwards views has just reached the point of banality. Its time that people just learn that racism, homophobia and xenophobia just won't cut it anymore.

So please stop painting it as though ppl are just hating others they disagree with. It's not that at all.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:01 PM

131 posts, read 224,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud; A&E claims it's received death threats since Phil Robertson's suspension | abc13.com

I don't follow the Mayor very much at all so I don't know if this kind of ignorance is normal for her but I find it hard to believe that anyone elected to represent the City of Houston would have the nerve to make such a stupid statement.
According to Wikipedia, she is a lesbian and thus from a protected class, immune from criticism. The ignorant clown can spew as much stupid crap as she wishes and if one objects they are labelled "homophobic," yet another made up BS term.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:05 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuenoOffenhauser View Post
According to Wikipedia, she is a lesbian and thus from a protected class, immune from criticism. The ignorant clown can spew as much stupid crap as she wishes and if one objects they are labelled "homophobic," yet another made up BS term.
Well, I don't follow those rules and I have no problem calling this moron out when I see fit.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:18 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,004,423 times
The man made racist and homophobic comments, and ppl defend him because a lesbian. Mayor called him irrelevant?

Why don't some of you just give it up? That relic thinking is dying out and it doesn't make you a rebel to think otherwise.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:19 PM

705 posts, read 1,259,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Its time that people just learn that racism, homophobia and xenophobia just won't cut it anymore.

So please stop painting it as though ppl are just hating others they disagree with. It's not that at all.

Hate is hate is hate. So if liberals/left side really want the hate to stop, they need to stop spewing it too. But instead they just fight hate with being super loud, vocal, and just as hateful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies