Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 10:21 PM

141 posts, read 306,824 times

Advertisements

Isn't she right though?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2013, 10:40 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,013,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houstonian123 View Post
If I were a person that fought so hard to get where she is despite all the prejudice she received being a gay Texan, I would have likely said something much worse. If anything, she should be credited for holding back.
Right on point.

Old 12-22-2013, 10:59 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
Moving to P&OC

Old 12-22-2013, 11:55 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguy View Post
I wonder if the OP saw the actual tweets, or is this something someone spread around that may or may not be true? Could it be that the OP started the thread as just another attempt to drum up support for Robertson and the right wing of the GOP? I don't know, but if it's true, any criticism Robertson gets is well deserved. He is not representing true Christianity and I tremendously resent that. I'm tired of so many "Christians" claiming to be Christians but have no idea how to follow Christ's teachings. Thank God there are many who are true Christians who are coming out of the woodwork lately.

Anyone who would say such things as Robertson did about people born with a sexual orientation different from his should be ashamed.

I'll say this, too. I find it ironic that religious beliefs are completely protected from discrimination by law at the federal, state, county, and city level, while LBGT people are protected only piecemeal at various levels of government. Yet...LGBT are the way they are through no choice (it's innate and immutable), while religious beliefs are a choice. It seems backwards, though in reality, I think ALL should be protected by law.

Free speech is another matter. Many are screaming free speech regarding Robertson, yet speech itself is not protected in the work place. A&E is or was Robertson's employer, and thus had every legal right to fire him.

So regarding the mayor, if she said anything critical of Robertson, I say good for her. I'm tired of some of my family members, friends, and associates being condemned by right wing conservatives. Enough is enough, and increasingly a lot of us aren't going to allow that to continue.

By the way, a lot of us are equally hacked at Robertson's racist remarks. They were horrid. Another good reason for A&E to fire him.
Great post. Totally agree.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Maybe people like Annise Parker should realize that respect is a 2 way street. Phil Robertson didn't say anything about Annise Parker, he was asked a question about homosexuality and he answered it honestly. As a public figure Annise Parker shouldn't have personally attacked anyone using social media.
And Annise Parker was asked a question and she answered it "honestly".

Is answering questions 'honestly' a one way street for you?

Old 12-23-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Exactly. I don't know how the OP neglected that part.
Oh I think we know.

Old 12-23-2013, 12:26 AM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud; A&E claims it's received death threats since Phil Robertson's suspension | abc13.com

I don't follow the Mayor very much at all so I don't know if this kind of ignorance is normal for her but I find it hard to believe that anyone elected to represent the City of Houston would have the nerve to make such a stupid statement.
She's a bigot..

Old 12-23-2013, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Don Draper View Post
Isn't she right though?
Yep. Personally I think it was brilliant.

Her single tweet was about as much attention as Phil deserved.

He has already got way too much attention and his ignorant views don't deserve any respect.

In one tweet, she swatted him away like an annoying buzzing mosquito.

Old 12-23-2013, 01:52 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
And Annise Parker was asked a question and she answered it "honestly".

Is answering questions 'honestly' a one way street for you?
Seems to be a one way street for the carpet munching hypocrite mayor. Atleast Phil's source was the bible, one if the most important books ever. Her or its source was just anger or thin skinned feelings

Old 12-23-2013, 03:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Seems to be a one way street for the carpet munching hypocrite mayor. Atleast Phil's source was the bible, one if the most important books ever. Her or its source was just anger or thin skinned feelings
***bzzzzzzzz***
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies