Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2013, 02:19 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Sue for what?

They didn't want to work.

Result?

They got fired.

Maybe they will learn for this - if you want to get paid, then work.
Exactly what the hell would they sue for? Oh well your honor the sub shop is paying the salary that is dictated by law and we don't think it's fair??? LOL. Liberals actually think that is how things should work. That is why there is some sort of brain damage going on in these folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 02:22 PM

237 posts, read 191,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
Work, don't whine. Whining indicates you truly are at Fair Market Value now, you have no better options, and the employer is correct paying you FMV.

Prove you are worth more. Get a much better offer elsewhere. Now, if you are truly that good and have that better offer, the employer will want to talk about it. But until you can, stop whining, start working. Every day.
What? That's a load of bull. Listen if their not being paid a fair wage then they have the right to protest. I run a small business and actually I run a few. My lowest employee makes $10 an hour. How do you know they were lazy? This employer only cares about one thing his bottom line profit. This is no different then shipping jobs to China.

You people have seemed to forgotten how the economy works. If the cost of living goes up, wages go up. The cost of living has risen for the past decade but has wages...no. Its that simp!e.

How can anyone survive on 7.45 an hour you tell me? Would you be fine if that was your income? How about if it was your kids income and you were dead?

This the problem with america. People put money over morals.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:27 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettNexus View Post
What? That's a load of bull. Listen if their not being paid a fair wage then they have the right to protest.
Assumes facts not in evidence.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:29 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
You people have seemed to forgotten how the economy works. If the cost of living goes up, wages go up. The cost of living has risen for the past decade but has wages...no. Its that simp!e.
COL and wage levels are unrelated. Want more money-increase your skills, take on more challenging roles.

Stop slicing rolls and adding lettuce in your prime earning years. Those jobs should be done by the 17 year old who needs date money Saturday night.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:35 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,345,447 times
Default Heh, heh, Sandwich Shop Employees Protest for Higher Wages...Get Fired

They took a risk protesting, it backfired on them.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:37 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
People would rather bring up unrelated stuff then accept the fact that the current minimum wage puts a stress on the governments welfare program. If you paid someone 10 an hour they could live and pay for college and move up in life without food stamps.
Fine. Start your own business and pay your employees whatever you wish.

Let us know how that works out.

Quote:
Why is it so hard for you to understand the COL HAS GONE UP? WGAES HAVENT? WHY IS THAT OK? IT IS BASIC ECONOMICS. ALL CAPS RAGE.
lol.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:38 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
What lesson is that? Employers can mistreat you and you can't do a thing about it?
It's the government doing the mistreating. The place of employment is doing nothing they haven't done for years. The mistreatment is the government doing everything they can the last 20 years to make sure the markets thrive even at the expense of the lower classes.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
COL and wage levels are unrelated. Want more money-increase your skills, take on more challenging roles.

Stop slicing rolls and adding lettuce in your prime earning years. Those jobs should be done by the 17 year old who needs date money Saturday night.
Are you aware we are in a recession? People who have college degrees can't find work. I know unemployed masters. I hope you never lose your job because that mentality is sickening. What about the elderly? They want a living wage to, but since the recession screwed up their retirement. Now what?

And who is paying for these people to get educated? You can't afford anything but food stamps on 7.45 an hour. You guys are real classy. You know that right. I can't believe someone would raise a kid this way.

And once you get that college degree you aren't entitled to a job....

My goodness are you also OK with with sweatshops?

Old 12-24-2013, 02:46 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,962,294 times
Quote:
And who is paying for these people to get educated?
Loans, grants,scholarships, p/t work during school year, f/t summers..the same way I went to college..with 2 lower middle class parents, both of whom worked a total of 90-100 hours every single week.

The American way is not to whine, but to act. These idiots should have proven they were worth more by getting great offers elsewhere.

I would have done just what this business owner did. He needs a new workforce. One happy to have a job.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Fine. Start your own business and pay your employees whatever you wish.

Let us know how that works out.

lol.
Its worked out fine. Things are tight right now, but that is expected. I can live fine off of the wage that this business brings me. If I wanted to, right now I could cut my staff in half and party in Vegas, but I have a heart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies