Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2013, 01:22 PM

4,003 posts, read 6,117,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
People that say you can live and go to college on 10/hr, most likely part time, must be kids. They have no idea what it's like out there.
you absolutely can live on $10 an hour, you can't be running aorund with an ipod, smoking ciggs, buying weed, going out to the bars. its a simple life. if you want more you have to work for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2013, 01:22 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,479,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JettNexus View Post
That's called communism. We live in a mixed market economy. The governments job is to keep it fair for all parties. Your post are very ignorant.
Huh? Communism? LMAO! So, in your mind, it's fair to raise one SUBSET of the population's wages to match COL, but not everyone's? You selfish.........The government's job has nothing to do with fairness in the wage market, YOU are the Communist here.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
you absolutely can live on $10 an hour, you can't be running aorund with an ipod, smoking ciggs, buying weed, going out to the bars. its a simple life. if you want more you have to work for it.
Part time? No you can't. Hell, try to live in the Northeast or Northwest on 10/hr full time. It's impossible.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:27 PM

237 posts, read 192,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Huh? Communism? LMAO! So, in your mind, it's fair to raise one SUBSET of the population's wages to match COL, but not everyone's? You selfish.........The government's job has nothing to do with fairness in the wage market, YOU are the Communist here.
Why am I a communist? Because I explained a how our economy work? Please explain. We are mixed market economy. What do you mean one subset? Explain....

Old 12-24-2013, 01:32 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,781,470 times
You didn't explain anything. You threw out a sweeping generalization and expected the reader to accept it on its face.

Quote:
Why am I a communist? Because I explained a how our economy work? Please explain. We are mixed market economy. What do you mean one subset? Explain....

Old 12-24-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
ONE SUBSET! Minimum Wage workers. You obviously don't know how the economy works because you think one subset needs a raise to match the COL while others don't. It's ALL relative. If you raise up someone working a cash register 2-3x's, the person designing and programming those registers need to be raised up as well or you create a TRUE disparity in skill versus wage. Once you can earn a livable wage with having no skill sets that encroaches on the wage of a skilled wage, nobody will want to get skilled. That takes effort, time and money. Why do it if you don't have to?

Old 12-24-2013, 01:50 PM

11,893 posts, read 5,868,253 times
Quote:
And I would like to add. That wages clearly haven't kept up with col.

I agree - but raising the minimum wage is not going to get the cost of living under control.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:52 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,004,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Wait a minute..... It takes some knowledge to know not to leave the mayo out too long!
and adding the cucumber slices correctly is an art.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,636,755 times
Quote:
In your world an unskilled burger flipper will be making more than a starting teacher in Texas with a BS degree.

That is some "mixed market" economy you got there.

Old 12-24-2013, 01:54 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,004,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
I have compassion; when its called for. Its not here. These moron's protested, wanted more money, working at a sandwich shop? They got fired for it. Its the owners right to fire whom he/she see's fit, so long as its not due to race, religion, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies