Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2013, 04:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,570,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Probably because those that are not expanding their medicaid programs are setting the payment schedules too low for doctors and hospitals to break even and more doctors are refusing to take Medicaid patients to protect their practices in those states. Something you've already commented against.
States don't set their rate.

Financing & Reimbursement | Medicaid.gov

Doctors are refusing patients because they are taking losses just like with medicare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 04:44 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,943,934 times
Quote:
Nobody said they wouldn't but that don't make it right.
I am normally a law abiding citizen and I receive my healthcare from the VA. If for some reason I were to lose my VA benefits, I wouldn't get insurance through one of the exchanges. I also wouldn't purchase it in the open market. I wouldn't have any insurance and I can easily arrange it so that I wouldn't have to pay a penalty for not having it. Which is exactly what I would do. The ACA mandates are ridiculous and the law is not intended to provide health care at an affordable rate. It is designed to cater to a specific voting group. I would pass. What are you going to do about it? Arrest me? Then I get free health care that is superior to what a gold enrollment will get you. Take my money? What money? Find it. Good luck with that.

Old 12-28-2013, 04:51 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,675,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
You mean you're in this thread saying the Republicans didn't expand medicaid and you didn't even know which states expanded and which didn't ?
No, I knew. That's why I posted the link I just posted. I acknowledged that some republican states accepted the expansion but was not aware, (sarcastic) that some democratic states did not support it, so I went back and read every single state and "Boy Howdy", it's true. Every state that is flat out refusing to expand their medicaid program in accordance with the ACA mandate is a flat out, red state, dominated by republicans. Every state controlled by Democratic legislatures and governors have accepted the Medicaid expansion.

Do I need to list every 21 Republican states now, or would you just glance at the link I provided for your own proof?

I reiterate the fact that based on the OP, every doctor who is complaining they aren't getting enough payment for Medicaid patients comes from a republican controlled state that has refused to accept bringing their payment schedule up to Medicare standards.

Are you arguing that point?

Old 12-28-2013, 04:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,182,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianAmerican View Post
Are any of those life and death problems? No. You should care for the people in your community whether you know them or not.
I wonder how many families you bought christmas presents for this year that you didnt know, just because they couldnt affford them..

Old 12-28-2013, 05:02 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,675,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I am normally a law abiding citizen and I receive my healthcare from the VA. If for some reason I were to lose my VA benefits, I wouldn't get insurance through one of the exchanges. I also wouldn't purchase it in the open market. I wouldn't have any insurance and I can easily arrange it so that I wouldn't have to pay a penalty for not having it. Which is exactly what I would do. The ACA mandates are ridiculous and the law is not intended to provide health care at an affordable rate. It is designed to cater to a specific voting group. I would pass. What are you going to do about it? Arrest me? Then I get free health care that is superior to what a gold enrollment will get you. Take my money? What money? Find it. Good luck with that.
I also get VA care so I know exactly wherein you speak. How, exactly, does one lose their VA healthcare if they are a combat vet? If I might ask. I just had a bi-lateral, femoral/illiac, endoartarectomy with two 7" slices in my groin that hasn't even healed yet, at the Phoenix VA vascular surgery dept. 6 days in intensive care, deciding which side of the grass I wanted to look at, post op. An operation that would probably run about 250,000 if you went by a private hospital's chargemaster.

I don't give a horses ass what laws you break or don't break, that's none of my business. But next time you come on here whining about food stamp abusers and welfare cheats I'll call you a massive hypocrite. Probably because you feel you can ride above the law but food stamp recipients and poor people should starve or get a job. It's a "I've got mine, so screw the rest of them attitude".

Old 12-28-2013, 05:35 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,943,934 times
Quote:
I also get VA care so I know exactly wherein you speak. How, exactly, does one lose their VA healthcare if they are a combat vet? If I might ask. I just had a bi-lateral, femoral/illiac, endoartarectomy with two 7" slices in my groin that hasn't even healed yet, at the Phoenix VA vascular surgery dept. 6 days in intensive care, deciding which side of the grass I wanted to look at, post op. An operation that would probably run about 250,000 if you went by a private hospital's chargemaster.

I don't give a horses ass what laws you break or don't break, that's none of my business. But next time you come on here whining about food stamp abusers and welfare cheats I'll call you a massive hypocrite. Probably because you feel you can ride above the law but food stamp recipients and poor people should starve or get a job. It's a "I've got mine, so screw the rest of them attitude".
I don't know how we could lose our healthcare, but nothing this government does comes as a surprise anymore. I get my benefits because I was disabled from my service. You may well too. As such, we aren't getting anything for free. We already paid for it.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:38 PM

8,894 posts, read 5,384,556 times
Quote:
Every state that is flat out refusing to expand their medicaid program in accordance with the ACA mandate is a flat out, red state, dominated by republicans. Every state controlled by Democratic legislatures and governors have accepted the Medicaid expansion.
There is no such thing as expanding a state Medicaid program in accordance with the ACA mandate, as the US Supreme Court ruled such a mandate unconstitutional.

Florida is a flat out, Red state?

Old 12-28-2013, 05:41 PM

278 posts, read 274,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Do you work for free?
Nope and already said at least 3 times that they would be compensated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I wonder how many families you bought christmas presents for this year that you didnt know, just because they couldnt affford them..
Its called toys for tots so probably several.Also just picked up LARGE trash bags of brand new clothes from a closing thrift store that I will separate and pass out to those in need of good clean clothing. Most of it name brand stuff.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:48 PM

8,894 posts, read 5,384,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianAmerican View Post
Nope and already said at least 3 times that they would be compensated.
Unless they have decided to tell those who determine their compensation they aren't interested.

Old 12-28-2013, 05:54 PM

278 posts, read 274,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Unless they have decided to tell those who determine their compensation they aren't interested.
Unfortunately for now yes doctors can act like spoiled children. They would rather let harm coming to those they are supposed to be helping instead of acting like grown ups and professionals and doing it out of the kindness of their heart. You know good and well rich folks need doctors as well and the price of procedures is through the roof so they are making out just fine. As usual it boils down to well I can't afford my Porsche but I can afford the Ford...better tell the government and the poor no more doctor visits with me until I make more money!Any doctor that refuses patients on medicaid should have their license revoked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies