Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2013, 12:04 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,549,057 times

Advertisements

Get all the leftists on Medicaid, then in a couple years cut all funding.

Problem with leftists solved.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 07:44 AM

28,163 posts, read 25,322,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
He said healthcare for free.

Anyone with a 4th grade education would be able to use the good old context clue to understand what he meant.

Arguing semantics is SO counterproductive. JC.

Old 12-29-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Get all the leftists on Medicaid, then in a couple years cut all funding.

Problem with leftists solved.

See, I'm using my context clue skills to understand you are wishing death upon your fellow Americans.

Tell me again why I should take anything you say seriously?

You call for your fellow Americans' deaths because of disagreement over healthcare reform and I'm supposed to believe you are thinking rationally. I don't think so.

Old 12-29-2013, 08:41 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
See, I'm using my context clue skills to understand you are wishing death upon your fellow Americans.

You call for your fellow Americans' deaths because of disagreement over healthcare reform and I'm supposed to believe you are thinking rationally. I don't think so.
It's not health CARE..it's health INSURANCE.

America is in decline and more and more people just can't afford to live in the US.
So yes, something will eventually have to be done at the fed level.
But you can't tax "the rich" to keep everyone else living a middle class lifestyle.
Sooner or later people will need to deal with reality that we cannot tax the rich to provide for every American.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's not health CARE..it's health INSURANCE.

America is in decline and more and more people just can't afford to live in the US.
So yes, something will eventually have to be done at the fed level.
But you can't tax "the rich" to keep everyone else living a middle class lifestyle.
Sooner or later people will need to deal with reality that we cannot tax the rich to provide for every American.

I'm a-ok with my taxes going up (along with the rich) if it means we have a single payer system.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:21 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Quote:

I guess tongue in cheek comments go over your head..

Old 12-29-2013, 09:22 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Quote:
I'm a-ok with my taxes going up (along with the rich) if it means we have a single payer system.
You are going to get your single payer health system, but be careful what you wish for.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I guess tongue in cheek comments go over your head..

Nope, didn't go over my head. As a matter of fact, I caught your meaning right away. You know what they say, there is a grain of truth in every joke.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:25 AM

278 posts, read 273,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Hector Flores, a doctor in Los Angeles, told The New York Times that his practice of 26,000 patients — a third with Medicaid — would take only 1,000 or so such patients. “There could easily be 10,000 patients looking for us, and we’re just not going to be able to serve them,” Flores said.

And why not? BECAUSE THEY ARENT BEING PAID.. So how exactly do these doctor offices stay open without payment?
Um he already has 26k patients! WOW! He won't be able to serve them because he is covered to thin as it is! I wonder how long a wait is for a new patient there...holy crap.

Quote:
Perhaps those of us paying cash and private insurance are a bit tired of gimme, gimme, gimme.
Then pay your employees better wages and then they could afford their own private insurance OR pay cash for services.
Quote:
This is a prior post from Appalachian. In one sentence, he claims he's for healthcare for everyone for free. Then says government should pay doctors.

On another topic, does the government have lots of trees or something where money grows freely and they just harvest it? I thought it raised money by taxation.
Government prints money on a daily basis just ask them to do that.
Quote:
Oh my, I hope your dog isn't over the age of 10. We have someone on another thread that thinks you're committing a sin if you pay too much for veterinary care for a dog after age 10. It should be euthanized and the savings sent to the local homeless shelter.
Nah he is not quite 1 yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
NO IT DOESNT

the troops we have in Germany.....GERMANY PAYS for...its part of the status of forces agreement

75% to early retirement...we cut the size of the military by nearly half in the 90's we are actually to small right now to properly man the war fighter plan

civil guard..uhm...the liberals gutted the reserves/national guard in the 90s'

btw I am retired military (25 years retired Army First Sergeant)
Not a national guard but an actual civil guard. Keeping the streets clean,starting private companies even, in my perfect country all illegals would be rounded up and put in prisons to be put into the system then deported. Gonna need workers to detain them and keep them fed/healthcare given to them/guarded so they don't escape. Invest heavily in alternate energy sources as well we can find places to put these folks that are close to retirement. Working in bringing legit new immigrants in, so many options my mind is just overwhelmed with them.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
You are going to get your single payer health system, but be careful what you wish for.

Meh. The gloom-and-doom dire predictions don't scare me. Knowing quite a few people who live and have lived under the single payer system in other countries, I am looking forward to it.

Healthcare, like education and other public services, should not be a commodity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies