Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2013, 10:47 AM

278 posts, read 273,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Go to work for someone who does offer insurance. It would take less energy to positively change your life than to whine incessantly on a message board. Is your employer holding a gun to your head?
You do realize thanks to obamacare that most employers are cutting people to below 30 hours...finding a job was hard enough now finding one that offers insurance is even worse. Wife's company offers insurance we get medicaid so don't need it. Enough taxes taken from her check as it is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 10:50 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppalachianAmerican View Post
You do realize thanks to obamacare that most employers are cutting people to below 30 hours...finding a job was hard enough now finding one that offers insurance is even worse. Wife's company offers insurance we get medicaid so don't need it. Enough taxes taken from her check as it is.
You get Medicaid. Sweet. So you aren't paying anything into the system but griping that others aren't paying enough?

Old 12-29-2013, 10:54 AM

278 posts, read 273,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
You get Medicaid. Sweet. So you aren't paying anything into the system but griping that others aren't paying enough?
Actually we are. Another misconception/lie the right wingers do is assuming ANYONE on welfare isn't working. Both me and the wife work and BOTH have medicaid/care taken from our check. Its right there with federal/state/SS withholding...SS really irritates me because I don't think that money that's being taken will be there come the time we need it in 40 years or so. Its nice to think though that so many older folks won't starve or become homeless because of my sacrifice though.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:54 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
They do not!

The STATES set the Medicaid rates and the Federal government sets the Medicare rates. Republican states who opt out of the ACA expansion will continue to underpay their doctors who treat the poor and those states that do opt in will raise their rates to the federal Medicare level.

By God!, I am holding two bills I pulled from my files. Both are for Catheter procedures on my femoral arteries.

1 is for the right leg and it went through BCBS of Illinois and the other one was Medicare.

Both procedures were done at the same medical facility and by the same cardiologist within 3 months of each other..

The Hospital bills for the procedures which included a arthorectomy, a stint placement and angioplasty. The hospital bills were nearly identical. and the Hospital chargemaster amount was 97,000.00 and change.

BCBS Paid 38,110.00
Medicare paid 34,819.00 my co-pay was 2982.80

Between the two, the hospital payment difference was less than 350.00 for an almost 100,000.00 procedure.

I know of no doctors or medical institutions that dislike Medicare.

If you have factual information that is contrary, you'll need to prove it with some credible links.
There is only one reinbursement rate per procedure code, per zip code, be it for medicare, or medicaid, or even private insurance. The percentiles of those reinbursement rates vary, but the rate is the same.

Your example validates that as true, because the MCS and Medicare payments were the same.

Old 12-29-2013, 10:56 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Actually we are. Another misconception/lie the right wingers do is assuming ANYONE on welfare isn't working. Both me and the wife work and BOTH have medicaid/care taken from our check. Its right there with federal/state/SS withholding...SS really irritates me because I don't think that money that's being taken will be there come the time we need it in 40 years or so. Its nice to think though that so many older folks won't starve or become homeless because of my sacrifice though.
Actually that tax you'd be paying even if you dont receive medicaid.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Quote:
I would think you'd pay a Medicare tax just like I do. Medicaid recipients do not have to pay into it. Some Medicaid recipients on CHIPS might pay a mere $25 a month for essentially unlimited health care.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:04 AM

169 posts, read 195,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually that tax you'd be paying even if you dont receive medicaid.
Wait until he starts paying for all that free medical that he wants everyone to have.

He'll need several part time 28 hour Obama jobs just to pay taxes.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:09 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,667,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There is only one reinbursement rate per procedure code, per zip code, be it for medicare, or medicaid, or even private insurance. The percentiles of those reinbursement rates vary, but the rate is the same.

Your example validates that as true, because the MCS and Medicare payments were the same.
The states reimburse Medicaid less than Medicare as they have Historically set the rates in each state. Period.....Fact.......

It is only since the expansion and those participants has the reimbursement rate been tied to the Medicare reimbursement rate.

My example is a comparison between BCBS and Medicare. I do not nor have I ever received Medicaid.

why do you continue to distort and obfuscate the facts. I have spent almost 20 pages constantly refuting you claims with undeniable facts and credible links, yet you keep bobbing and weaving like those facts don't exist.

One More Time.

STATES SET THE REIMBURSEMENT RATES FOR MEDICAID AND ADMINISTER THE PROGRAM.
STATES HAVE HISTORICALLY PAID LESS THAN MEDICARE REIMBURSEMENT RATES TO DOCTORS WHO TREAT MEDICAID.
THE ACA MANDATES THAT ANY STATE THAT ACCEPTS THE EXPANSION MUST BRING MEDICAID REIMBURSEMENT RATES UP TO MEDICARE REIMBURSEMENT RATES.

EVERY STATE THAT HAS REFUSED TO EXPAND THEIR MEDICAID UNDER THE ACA IS A REPUBLICAN DOMINATED STATE AT THE LEGISLATIVE AND GOVERNOR LEVEL. IT IS ONLY THOSE STATES THAT ARE UNDERPAYING THEIR DOCTORS WHO TREAT THE POOR.

There is no tap dancing around the truth. there is no way to avoid the facts. I have provided ample, unbiased facts on the issue. You will just have to accept this inconvenient truth.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:10 AM

19,845 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
You do realize thanks to obamacare that most employers are cutting people to below 30 hours...finding a job was hard enough now finding one that offers insurance is even worse. Wife's company offers insurance WE GET MEDICAID SO DON'T NEED IT. Enough taxes taken from her check as it is.
So you do have insurance available to purchase through your wife's work but CHOOSE to take your FREE medicaid? Nice.

Old 12-29-2013, 11:15 AM

5,513 posts, read 5,243,362 times
Quote:
Profits over People again. Not a surprise really. I am 100% for healthcare for everyone for free at that. But government needs to make sure the docs do get paid for their work,can't expect them to help their fellow man just out of the kindness of their heart can we!?
Had Obamacare simply set aside some money to pay for medical school for intelligent but poor students (like it does for doctors serving the military), the massive physician shortage could have been solved in a years.

But that wouldn't have given Big Health a gift of $1 trillion, so Obama wasn't interested. I can see why the uber-rich worship Obama like a god, but any poor person who admires him is beyond stupid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies