Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2013, 09:26 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,547,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
See, I'm using my context clue skills to understand you are wishing death upon your fellow Americans.

Tell me again why I should take anything you say seriously?

You call for your fellow Americans' deaths because of disagreement over healthcare reform and I'm supposed to believe you are thinking rationally. I don't think so.
I could care less what you think or believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2013, 09:27 AM

278 posts, read 273,915 times
Quote:
Meh. The gloom-and-doom dire predictions don't scare me. Knowing quite a few people who live and have lived under the single payer system in other countries, I am looking forward to it.

Healthcare, like education and other public services, should not be a commodity.
Exactly. They wonder why countries in Western Europe have students in the US beat hands down as well as better working conditions,healthcare,live longer etc. They are cared for. I would not mind my taxes going up if I actually saw the benefit of that increase. I don't now. All I see is stuff being cut while taxes are sky high for me and the wife's checks.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:27 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
I'm a-ok with my taxes going up (along with the rich) if it means we have a single payer system.
Many people simply cannot afford for their taxes to go up even more. It's just not feasible.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:28 AM

9,827 posts, read 6,938,737 times
Quote:
Meh. The gloom-and-doom dire predictions don't scare me. Knowing quite a few people who live and have lived under the single payer system in other countries, I am looking forward to it.

Healthcare, like education and other public services, should not be a commodity.
Name me a single social services program that the US government controls that is at or under budget, provides good service as it was designed to and is efficient.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:28 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
I could care less what you think or believe.

Then you should.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Many people simply cannot afford for their taxes to go up even more. It's just not feasible.

True.

But there are many of us who could afford a tax increase, myself included. Especially if that tax increase resulted in a single payer system.

Old 12-29-2013, 09:31 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
I don't know if YOU, personally, missed anything. But many people missed the fact that Appalachian clearly stated doctors have to be PAID too.
Then why has he spent so much time whining that they arent performing services for free?

Old 12-29-2013, 09:31 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,753,600 times
Quote:
True.

But there are many of us who could afford a tax increase, myself included. Especially if that tax increase resulted in a single payer system.
So we would only tax those who could afford it? How would that be determined?

Old 12-29-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Name me a single social services program that the US government controls that is at or under budget, provides good service as it was designed to and is efficient.

No system is perfect. There will be mistakes, foul ups, abuses and poor management. That is any industry - public or private - across the board. You cannot exclude the human component.

But I can also tell you from personal experience, as a recipient and a witness to others, that many government programs have worked wonderfully in our favor. They've provided the hand up we needed to get out of poverty and concentrate on bettering society.

Some of those programs include, but are not limited to:

Free lunch program
Free public education
Government subsidized transportation
Section 8
SNAP/Food stamps
Medical assistance
LIHEAP
Cash assistance

Old 12-29-2013, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Then why has he spent so much time whining that they arent performing services for free?

Please point to where he said that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies