Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2013, 09:32 PM

17,842 posts, read 14,402,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
It's not a straw man argument at all .... feel free to explain how the land ice is melting, with all that fresh water pouring into the sea, whe the continent never gets above freezing?

This was your claim ... I'd just like a little more physics tutoring on how that happens.

I'll await your answer.
You don't have to wait for my answer - I had already posted links to several articles. If you choose to ignore the information and invent your own straw man to battle, that's your choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2013, 09:59 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,035,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
WOW... They are stuck in the ice that they say is melting, and still claim it's melting.

'Stuck in our own experiment': Leader of trapped team insists polar ice is melting | Fox News
It's just ridiculous anymore. These clowns are stuck in ice they say is melting. It's just unreal. Hey I guess if they keep braying they will get funding which is all they care about. Just complete madness........LOL

Old 12-30-2013, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cruxan View Post
china loves co2.. is that al gore in the white shirt testing smog levels in the center of the pic
Global warmers don't care about China. They pretend it isn't even there.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Everyone PLEASE ... look up average temperatures in Antarctica ... it NEVER gets even close to warm enough to melt a bloody ice cube, let alone a glacier.

Am I really the only one who understands this? Am I in the fracking Twilight Zone?

The ice shelves break away due to pressure and tectonic activity, not temperature and melting.
Yes with these folks it is the Twilight Zone. Common sense is thrown out the window with these folks. It is quite amazing to go through this thread and read their ridiculous arguments. They argue what they are told to argue and that is that. Insanity has taken over.......it really has. I just feel sorry for my kids because they are in for a rough ride with these loons steering the ship...........the ship that is stuck in ice that they claim is melting.......LOL...........just unreal.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:09 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,343,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Ask the people in Winnipeg.
Well sure, because the majority of Canadians live in Winnipeg.

Old 12-30-2013, 10:11 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,343,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Yes with these folks it is the Twilight Zone. Common sense is thrown out the window with these folks. It is quite amazing to go through this thread and read their ridiculous arguments. They argue what they are told to argue and that is that. Insanity has taken over.......it really has. I just feel sorry for my kids because they are in for a rough ride with these loons steering the ship...........the ship that is stuck in ice that they claim is melting.......LOL...........just unreal.
YES!!! For once, we're on the same page!

Last edited by Ibginnie; 12-31-2013 at 11:08 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 12-30-2013, 10:19 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,504,565 times

I was wondering why the news didn't quite mention what cruise these 70+ folks were on....

Old 12-31-2013, 02:56 AM

7,492 posts, read 11,843,311 times
At first I thought this might be an Onion article.

Old 12-31-2013, 03:02 AM

8,091 posts, read 5,919,450 times
that'll learn em

Old 12-31-2013, 08:19 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,599,416 times
Default Climate Scientists Out to Prove Global Warming Stuck in Ice

Irony.

'Stuck in our own experiment': Leader of trapped team insists polar ice is melting | Fox News

Quote:
The leader of a scientific expedition whose ship remains stranded in Antarctic ice says the team, which set out to prove climate change, is "stuck in our own experiment."

But Chris Turney, a professor of climate change at Australia’s University of New South Wales, said it was “silly” to suggest he and 73 others aboard the MV Akademic Shokalskiy were trapped in ice they’d sought to prove had melted. He remained adamant that sea ice is melting, even as the boat remained trapped in frozen seas.
rest at link.

Also related, since this ice is melting to nothing according to the global warming hucksters...

Russia to build icebreakers to secure its Arctic power position - News - Russia - The Voice of Russia: News, Breaking news, Politics, Economics, Business, Russia, International current events, Expert opinion, podcasts, Video

Quote:
Russia is launching the construction of new-generation nuclear-powered icebreakers. The icebreaker of the LK-60Ya model, named Arktika as a tribute to the prominent Soviet nuclear-powered icebreaker of the same name, is due to begin sea trials in 2017. The ship will prove effective for the deep-water areas of the Northern Sea Route and the shallow waters of Russia’s Arctic shelf. Russia is due to build three such icebreakers in the next decade.
If ice is melting why build three giant ice breakers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies