Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2014, 04:30 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,558 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
LOL, after all how can anyone take a woman who wears tampons dangling from her ears seriously.

do you mean like you do every time you accuse someone who doesn't like Obama of being racist. Look to the right -> your racist, look to the left -> your racist, breath in -> your racist.
So, you mind quoting where i called someone racist for simply not liking president Obama based on his political views ?

my posting history is public and easily searchable in the upper right corner of your screen, i will wait while you find and post examples.......

but till then, atleast you admit what is going on is an over reaction.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:30 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Again, none of you actually watched the clip. So i guess i need to post it

MHP Mocks Romney's Black Grandson - YouTube

You people have overreacted
Did you expect anything other from the folks that mimic Fox talking points? Benghazigate was a complete and utter failed bogus conspiracy theory, so now they have MelissaHarrisPerrygate. Don't they ever tire of looking foolish?

Old 01-05-2014, 04:32 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,547,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Again, none of you actually watched the clip. So i guess i need to post it

MHP Mocks Romney's Black Grandson - YouTube

You people have overreacted
YOu are way to level headed

Of course no one actually *watched* the video, just like know *read* the Phil Robertson GQ interview. It's pretty amazing that people are so eager to cast disparities (left or right). In this case, this is TOTAL over-reaction. Was it in bad taste? Yeah. Was it deplorable or despicable? Were racial slurs used, was an entire race, ethnic group, religion castigated? Nope. However, get it out of your system, wag your fingers and completely ignore what was said about the Republican party (which was really the butt of joke) is true. It's not diverse and not inclusive.

It comical to me now how some folks, like viral lemmings, follow what the Blaze says is deplorable, or what MSNBC says is deplorable, w/o every actually looking at the facts.

Mitts, response was definitely classy, however I'm not electing him to sainthood just yet.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miker2069 View Post
YOu are way to level headed

Of course no one actually *watched* the video, just like know *read* the Phil Robertson GQ interview. It's pretty amazing that people are so eager to cast disparities (left or right). In this case, this is TOTAL over-reaction. Was it in bad taste? Yeah. Was it deplorable or despicable? Were racial slurs used, was an entire race, ethnic group, religion castigated? Nope. However, get it out of your system, wag your fingers and completely ignore what was said about the Republican party (which was really the butt of joke) is true. It's not diverse and not inclusive.

It comical to me now how some folks, like viral lemmings, follow what the Blaze says is deplorable, or what MSNBC says is deplorable, w/o every actually looking at the facts.

Mitts, response was definitely classy, however I'm not electing him to sainthood just yet.
Of Course no one read the GQ interview, when all of this started, only small snippets were out.

But i think that is an entirely different argument entirely. the Phil Robertson situation was more about the suspension itself than what he said in the interview as the suspension happened long before people actually knew what was said, A&E was trying to skim the backlash before their was one.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:37 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times
I think it's great that Romney has a grandchild of color. After all, the Mormons have been allowing black people full membership into heaven since 1978.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
Granted it's fairly easy for any normal, reasonable person to take the high road above the hopelessly bigoted MSNBC but it still shows how much classier a President Mitt Romney would've made compared to the divisive Barack "behaving stupidly" Obama we have loafing around in the White House now-

Romney takes high road in row with MSNBC host | New York Post
Mitt Romney took the high road Sunday and refused to fire back at MSNBC for mocking his family’s adoption of a black child.

If racist Libnutters are going to make fun of white people adopting black babies then why don't they make fun of Hollywood celebrities who use black babies as 'progressive' fashion accessories?
Im sorry, but when did MSNBC make a comment or even mock someone, the guest on MHP do not speak for the entire network.

And as others have pointed out, they didnt even mock the child, the jokes were all about the Republican party.

And Barack Obama had nothing to do with this.

I guess anytime a conservative says something i disagree with, i can now blame Fox, the Republican Party and Mitt Romney himself.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:49 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
People make mistakes Mr perfect. Ours is to accept an apology when properly given.
How long after the mistake did the apology come? I didn't know about the insult and would never have heard of this person if it hadn't happened. Wish I had never heard of either one now. I listen for news to see what happened; not to hear what some unprofessional acting person thinks about it. The only reason I ever go to that station is to see the stock ticker tape running across the bottom. Sometimes I just turn the sound off. I consider this a private matter between the person and Romney.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:05 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
My outrage is not inconsistent. Were Ms. Perry a reality TV person I would just chalk her ignorance down to one more idiot who has sold their soul for fame and therefore no one should be surprised if something idiotic comes out of their mouths. But that isn't what she is and she has an obligation to do better.

And she did malign the child's adoption, she insinuated that the only reason it was done was for political gain. All that aside - politicians'' and celebrities' children should be off limits - period. And a news professional should certainly be expected to understand that.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-05-2014 at 05:22 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted post

Old 01-05-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
My outrage is not inconsistent. Were Ms. Perry a reality TV person I would just chalk her ignorance down to one more idiot who has sold their soul for fame and therefore no one should be surprised if something idiotic comes out of their mouths. But that isn't what she is and she has an obligation to do better.

And she did malign the child's adoption, she insinuated that the only reason it was done was for political gain. All that aside - politicians'' and celebrities' children should be off limits - period. And a news professional should certainly be expected to understand that.

The only thing MHP said was that the baby was gorgeous, again did you watch the video ? i posted it a page back.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:15 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
I think her words still reflect on her mentality to even make such a remark about a child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies