Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2014, 02:33 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdave35 View Post
A child is better off being raised by two opposite sexes instead of same sex. A father serves a distinct role as does the mother. Plain and simple. One of the main reasons that we have such an angry violent generation of young people is because the traditional family unit is gone.
How does the genitalia of a parent matter in parenting?
We have 3 kids, all turned out far better that my heterosexual married neighbors kids.
Two of theirs are in jail on drug charges, and aggravated battery. Mine, one is in college on a full ride scholarship, one is in the Navy as an airplane mechanic, and one is an honor roll student that is active in the volunteer community. How would having a penis and a vagina changed the outcome of our kids?

Old 01-09-2014, 02:36 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
It may seem weird to you, but I think it is because you never understand what people say, and why they say it.
Then do your best and explain it. Are there any benefits that heterosexuals will lose of those 1049 federally granted rights and benefits? Will heterosexuals decide to marry the same sex if it is legal? Will heterosexuals stop getting married if gays marry? Are any of those benefits related to children, {show proof}? Are married couples required to reproduce if they marry, even senior citizens? If you cannot reproduce, are too old to, or choose not to, should those rights be denied or amended ? I know that seem like a lot of questions, but they really have been neglected by your crowd. Try and answer them one at a time if you need to.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:43 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
You don't get sick of the same anti-gay marriage posts that pile up on here daily?
This thread is about how traditional marriage is beneficial to the nation as whole.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:44 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Okay I bite. What is the chance of a child coming from a heterosexuality family becoming a criminal versus a family that has a same-sex relationship

Seems like the only thing we need to promote is condoms, abortion, and other things that create unwanted babies.

THE IMPACT OF LEGALIZED ABORTION ON CRIME*

Quote:
The answer is simple, and it also answers why it should not promote, or allow same sex marriage or legalization of drugs

The government should promote those things which benefit the nation as whole. This is what "promote general welfare" in the Constitution means. Promoting traditional marriage benefits the nation as whole, because it brings forth new generations of people, and gives the children an opportunity to grow up in a family with a father and a mother, like nature intended. Familes stabilize the nation as whole. Kids who grow up in families are far less likely to end up as bad apples of the society. It keeps crime low, and number of productive people high. Family life even tames the men. It is also an economic issue, because a stable nation is an an economically thriving nation, with fewer people to support.

So, promoting traditional family benefits the nation as whole.

Same sex marriage does not benefit the nation in any way, so there is no reason to promote it.

The government does three things:

1. Promote those things which benefit the nation, like traditional family.

2. Allow freedoms. We are free to work, earn income and own property, live where we want etc

3. Prohibit those things which are harmful to the nation.

Violent crime is definetly harmful to the nation, which is why it is prohibited. Drug use is harmful to nation as whole which is why it is prohibited. Same sex marriage? I have yet to see one compelling reason why it should be promoted, or even allowed.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:46 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,789,448 times
Quote:
A child is better off being raised by two opposite sexes instead of same sex. A father serves a distinct role as does the mother. Plain and simple. One of the main reasons that we have such an angry violent generation of young people is because the traditional family unit is gone.
It has nothing to do with gays. It has to so with straight boys impregnating girls, and girls allowing themselves to get pregnant often when they are unable to support a child. It involves allowing boys and men who do this to get away without having any responsibility. These women often receive subsidies, and raise children often in poverty, often these children are at risk, and many end up breaking the law, or at least following the same path as their parents with the same struggle. Has nothing to do with gays.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:46 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,493,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Please tell me where I said separate but equal? You know it seems to me that no matter what, nothing is going to please you. I'm trying to be civil here, in telling you that I support you, and that you should be allowed to live your life how you see fit, while others on here are trying to deny you that as well as treat you as a second class citizen. Apparently me showing my support for you because I'm a compassionate individual isn't enough. So what is it that you want? Do you REALLY want to be equal, or do you REALLY just want more privileges than us straight folks?
I was not directing this directly at you, I was pointing out that calling one marriage, marriage and the other civil unions is indeed separate. And I am right that the US federal government said it will not recognize any union but civil marriage. You want it called civil union and the government wants it called civil marriage. It is the church that seems to think it owns the word marriage and it is theirs soley.. When one group of people get a designation of rights that are set apart from the whole, it is separate and ends up not being equal in the long run. History and law has show that. If you think having the right to marry the same as straight people do is having more rights, then I do not know what to say, but that we want the same exact 1049 rights, no less, no more and do not expect the rights or benefits of straight marriages to be amended to accommodate us.

Old 01-09-2014, 02:50 PM

1,866 posts, read 2,850,776 times
Quote:
The "traditional family unit"? That's a laugh! All those single-parent households, bitter divorces, kids born out of wedlock... They outnumber gay families by about, what, about a billion to one?

Old 01-09-2014, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
We understand exactly what you say, and why you say it.

You just don't seem able to ever answer direct questions. Like ever.
Let's take another look.

Question : you would have to prove that the government is in fact promoting ANY marriage

Answer: you have already proven it. The SSM crowd uses the marriage benefits as an argument to push for their agenda. They say they are missing out on 1000 government benefits designed for married couples and families.

Seems pretty clear to me. Which part did you not understand?

Old 01-09-2014, 02:53 PM

Quote:
true

Old 01-09-2014, 02:55 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
This thread is about how traditional marriage is beneficial to the nation as whole.
MARRIAGE is beneficial to the nation and to individuals. The gender of the people getting married does not change that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies