Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2014, 12:00 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
An argument? No. But arguments often escalate from verbal to physical, it's hardly beyond the realm of possibility that the texter got physical with the old man who then defended himself. That isn't going to be decided here, it will be by a jury because there's little chance this won't end up in court.
This is a texter who was physically smaller than the shooter, by the way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 12:04 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
An argument? No. But arguments often escalate from verbal to physical, it's hardly beyond the realm of possibility that the texter got physical with the old man who then defended himself. That isn't going to be decided here, it will be by a jury because there's little chance this won't end up in court.
And there's every probability that when the facts come out, the story will be completely different than what the media is saying and people are repeating (or just plain making up) here. Florida history could very well repeat itself with this incident.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:13 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
And there's every probability that when the facts come out, the story will be completely different than what the media is saying and people are repeating (or just plain making up) here. Florida history could very well repeat itself with this incident.
There is a very low probability that upwards of 20 people, who have already given their statements to the police about what they saw and what happened, will suddenly change their testimony.

Just what facts, exactly, are you waiting for?
Eyewitness accounts are not good enough?

Old 01-16-2014, 12:47 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Florida history could very well repeat itself with this incident.
A chilling thought.

Old 01-16-2014, 12:55 PM

1,026 posts, read 1,193,007 times
IMHO, he will agree to a plea deal.

Old 01-16-2014, 01:06 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,724,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Well, gee!

Maybe the jury will decide Mr. Reeves is innocent of murder because Mr. Oulson was a jerk!

"Your Honor, Mr. Oulson was acting like a jerk. That's why I killed him. If he had not acted like a jerk and obeyed my command to stop texting he would be alive today! Furthermore, if he hadn't gone to the movies that afternoon, he would be alive today. So, Your Honor, Mr. Oulson is partially, if not primarily, responsible for his own death."

Judge: "Not Guilty!"

Ya, in your dreams.

The fact is, it doesn't matter if he was being a jerk or not. Even mass murderers and other evil people sometimes don't get the death penalty. There is just no comparison between being a jerk and being a murderer.

It's thinking like yours that makes me wonder about conservatives wanting 'less government'. I think what they really want is to have the ability to take the law into their own hands. They must feel they are so much better than anyone else that they should be able to make life or death decisions without government interference.

Sickening.
Wow....did you catch your breath yet?

I can't remember the last time I saw an embellishment that ambitious, creative, and irrelevant. I said what I said and nothing more.

Old 01-16-2014, 01:11 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
Wow....did you catch your breath yet?

I can't remember the last time I saw an embellishment that ambitious, creative, and irrelevant. I said what I said and nothing more.
Just pretend I'm Mr. Reeves ... now, you must have done SOMETHING to antagonize me!!!!

Scary, ain't it?

Old 01-16-2014, 01:13 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,435,394 times
Lets get it straight here. Turn off your phone before the movie begins. Trailers are commercials, and are not part of the movie.

If you want to watch a commercial, go to Apple Trailers website. Don't bother other patrons

Oulson was just doing what most people do. . .last minute pre-movie messaging

Old 01-16-2014, 01:15 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times
Quote:
If Florida history repeats itself, the verdict will do nothing but reflect and verify the facts as they were discovered and reported at the time. In that case an assault happened and a man defended himself using deadly force..

If history repeats itself this time, the court proceedings will verify what has been discovered and reported: an assault never happened and a man used unwarranted deadly force to defend himself from a non-existing threat. a jury will decide his fate appropriately.

That would be history repeating itself and that'd be a good thing, would it not?

Describing unidentifiable toxic popcorn and one person as a "bully" of larger stature than the other would be making stuff up er, wouldn't it? Just ask'n 'cause I whanna be on the same page here.

Old 01-16-2014, 01:26 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
There is a very low probability that upwards of 20 people, who have already given their statements to the police about what they saw and what happened, will suddenly change their testimony.

Just what facts, exactly, are you waiting for?
Eyewitness accounts are not good enough?
Where are these twenty accounts? I have only read one. They will probably all be different anyway. Much more info is to come.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies