Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-16-2014, 06:33 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,020,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
We still don't have enough details to deliver judgment.
And yet the absolutes by some are still flying... Arguing for the sake of arguing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 06:44 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
An argument in a Tampa movie theater over texting during a preview ended with the texter and his wife being shot. An annoyed man behind them went looking for a manger, then came came back and shot them with a pistol. The shooter was detained by other patrons until police arrived. The witness doesn't mention race. The dying man's last words were "I can't believe...."

(with witness interview video)
Two shot after dispute over noise in theater - FOX 13 News
And yet liberals are the first ones that will say police (the assailant, in this case) are the only ones that should have guns!

How's that for irony?!

Old 01-16-2014, 06:49 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,651,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Once again, I agree. That salty popcorn in the face and eyes might have been far more harmful. The dead guy was a loud, inconsiderate bully and the old fella had no idea of what he might be capable. He had already proven himself to be a belligerent snot. Tossing unknown objects into someone's face is assault. Period.

The old fella will walk. As he should.
Really? Did you just remember that you were there? Or did you know Oulson personally to know with certainty that he was a bully and a snot?

(Seeing as you stated that you don't believe anything in the media.)

Salty popcorn is more harmful that being shot in the chest, yes, I'll have to remember that!

Reeves will be incarcerated for the rest of his life.

Last edited by Fox Terrier; 01-16-2014 at 07:34 AM..

Old 01-16-2014, 06:54 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,497,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
And yet liberals are the first ones that will say police (the assailant, in this case) are the only ones that should have guns!

How's that for irony?!
Liberals? Say what? I haven't seen any posts on here with folks claiming to be liberals or postulating that police should be the only ones with guns.

From where did you pull that little nugget of nonsense...... oh wait don't tell me, I think I know.

Here it is YOU being the first one saying that on this thread ~ welcome to Liberal Land.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:05 AM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Liberals? Say what? I haven't seen any posts on here with folks claiming to be liberals or postulating that police should be the only ones with guns.

From where did you pull that little nugget of nonsense...... oh wait don't tell me, I think I know.

Here it is YOU being the first one saying that on this thread ~ welcome to Liberal Land.
You kidding? Seriously, are you?

That's been a rehashed liberal talking point for...FOREVER.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
How did he know what was being tossed at him? It might have been something extremely dangerous. Something like acid. It's not up to the person being physically assaulted to determine the composition of the stuff.

Because people carry around cups of acid all the time!

Not only will the shooter probably get off, but depending on the proximity of his wife, he might even claim to be protecting her from the unknown substance.

The two were probably mere feet apart. There is no way the shooter didn't know it was popcorn (if, indeed it was Oulson who threw it).

It's obvious who the hot head was. It wasn't the shooter. He tried to resolve the problem in a civilized manner. When that didn't work, he sought help from management. But the dead guy showed absolutely zero control and zero consideration.
Since you know how it happened, I shall say I know what happened, also. The shooter did not ask politely; in a civilized manner. He harassed Oulson; he berated him. Reeves showed zero control. It was only a matter of time before he shot someone for texting. He decided that day would be the day. That's why he brought his gun to the theatre. He WANTED to shoot someone for texting. He has a history of accosting people in theatres who are texting. That's why, instead of just changing seats, he continued to sit behind Oulson, allowing himself to become more and more angry. After all, if he's not insane he would need something to amp up his anger to the point of murder.

I bet he feels mighty proud of himself now!

Last edited by Fox Terrier; 01-16-2014 at 07:36 AM..

Old 01-16-2014, 07:08 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Since you know how it happened, I shall say I know what happened, also. The shooter did not ask politely; in a civilized manner. He harassed Oulson; he berated him. Reeves showed zero control. It was only a matter of time before he shot someone for texting. He decided that day would be the day. That's why he brought his gun to the theatre. We WANTED to shoot someone for texting. He has a history of accosting people in theatres who are texting. That's why, instead of just changing seats, he continued to sit behind Oulson, allowing himself to become more and more angry. After all, if he's not insane he would need something to amp up his anger to the point of murder.

I bet he feels mighty proud of himself now!
I saw smoke coming from the grassy knoll. Reeves didn't act alone.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:13 AM

11,761 posts, read 14,659,204 times
The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a phone is a good guy with a gun.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
I'm saying that, if his attorney is competent, he will have the jury cutting this guy a little slack because of his police training and background.
I would think it would be just the opposite. The jury will come down harder on him BECAUSE he is an ex-cop. He should have know better; MUCH better.

Old 01-16-2014, 07:25 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,263,400 times
The fact that we have 60 pages of argument here about popcorn vs. guns, rudeness vs. murder, tells me everything I need to know about American society and how the gun culture has taken over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies