Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2014, 04:58 PM

35,308 posts, read 52,484,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus
Yep, this is what I was saying earlier. Why are these gun carriers so scared of people? I thought they were all sorts of America Brave and Strong. Seems like they carry because they've got no balls to finish what they start without resorting to blowing a hole in the other guy.

Sad state of affairs when you cant even have an argument with some one without one of the participants pulling out a gun and shooting the other person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 05:07 PM

1,515 posts, read 1,230,262 times
He ACTED NO DIFFERENT than some petty street thug because he ISN'T any different! This wasn't just a citizen with a concealed carry permit. This murderous thug is a retired SWAT cop! Probably the lowest life form of amoebic scum that exist in America! SWAT punks are used to murdering people and getting away with it! When he was arrested he wasn't even cuffed behind his back! The cop that took him to jail probably took his cuffs off when out of sight of the public! Cops are all about supporting each other in their pursuit of criminal conduct.

This murderer is pleading self defense. What was he defending against that required deadly force??? A freakin bag of popcorn!

I posted a link earlier in this thread from a police web site where cops are already proclaiming that Reeves was justified in this murder!

THIS is what the American people are up against! Americans are more apt to be killed by a cop than by a terrorist OR by a concealed weapon permit holder! American women are more likely to be raped by a cop than by someone that isn't a cop!

Our Constitutional Rights or Right To Due Process means absolutely NOTHING to these animals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
The shooter was a 70-year-old ex-police captain(and former head of security for Busch Gardens)--but he acted no differently than some petty street thug in this situation.

Old 01-14-2014, 05:35 PM

471 posts, read 602,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
True there was some reference to popcorn being thrown though. If I'm the old man's lawyer in arguing self defense. The younger guy had 30 years on him.

I'm curious about his wife, usually woman try to diffuse these situations. I wonder if she told her husband to stop?
Such a tragedy, the ex cop should not have shot, that was wrong.

The younger guy was a pretty tall guy and big. From what I've read he was texting more after he was asked to stop and then began threatening the old man.

The old man over reacted in fear and now lives are destroyed.

The young guy was also being an obnoxious bully, because of his size he is probably used to getting his way. The ex cop was also probably used to getting his way.

Two immovable people used to getting their way, full of arrogance, tragedy ensues.

Last edited by GoldenZephyr; 01-14-2014 at 05:44 PM..

Old 01-14-2014, 05:59 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,903,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenZephyr View Post
Such a tragedy, the ex cop should not have shot, that was wrong.

The younger guy was a pretty tall guy and big. From what I've read he was texting more after he was asked to stop and then began threatening the old man.

The old man over reacted in fear and now lives are destroyed.

The young guy was also being an obnoxious bully, because of his size he is probably used to getting his way. The ex cop was also probably used to getting his way.

Two immovable people used to getting their way, full of arrogance, tragedy ensues.
Yep, but without the gun added to the mix, someone maybe goes home with a bloody nose or a black eye, and life goes on for everyone. The gun is the variable that turns an altercation into a tragedy. No one needs a gun in a movie theater. Period.

Old 01-14-2014, 06:04 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,559,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Then stop doing it.

You have no clue what happened. And guess what: just because you read something on a forum doesn't make it true, no matter how many times it's repeated and enhanced.
I guess the facts as stated by the various agencies, witnesses and responders, the fact that the retired cop is in custody and charged with 2nd degree murder, along with the fact he remains in custody, is one side twirling?

Old 01-14-2014, 06:05 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,234,958 times
This reminds me of phil306. He demonstrated in this thread how himself and other police officers disregard the law. They think they're above the law.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:01 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,712,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I guess the facts as stated by the various agencies, witnesses and responders, the fact that the retired cop is in custody and charged with 2nd degree murder, along with the fact he remains in custody, is one side twirling?
Oh, dearie, me. You're believing the crap being shoved down your face that you're reading on the internet? By other equally uninformed keyboard peckers?

It's worse than I thought.

P.S. There are reasons investigations must be done before trial. That hasn't happened yet. Don't get in such a hurry. The trial is a long way off. Much will be discovered between now and then.

I'm always highly amused by people who treat internet yapping as gospel truth.

One would think the Zimm trial would have taught people to hold on to their knickers but some folks just never seem to learn.

Now you know.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:10 PM

37,165 posts, read 42,356,135 times
It wouldn't surprise me if the old guy has an age related condition of some sort that's affecting his brain function. Still no excuse but highly likely.

Old 01-14-2014, 07:14 PM

22,695 posts, read 24,725,982 times
Sad, why didn't the violent geezer just get up and move to another seat?

Old 01-14-2014, 07:20 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,944,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yep, but without the gun added to the mix, someone maybe goes home with a bloody nose or a black eye, and life goes on for everyone. The gun is the variable that turns an altercation into a tragedy. No one needs a gun in a movie theater. Period.
No one needs a cell phone in a movie theatre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies