Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2014, 08:15 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
lol, thank you for proving my case.

Remember: Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true. That's especially applicable when it comes to so-called news sources who don't know any more about what happened than do I.

You should know that by now.
Oh, you're one of those patronizing types. I can play.

You get your facts from Fox or Huffpost? Or do you attend every trial to hear it firsthand mayhaps?

If you ain't the court reporter, steno or the judge; you get your facts the very same way everyone else does and have no special ability to channel the "facts".

Assumption of superiority over others in either intelligence or cognitive skills is a word still starting with "ass" and you should know that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 08:21 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
lol, thank you for proving my case.

Remember: Just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true. That's especially applicable when it comes to so-called news sources who don't know any more about what happened than do I.

You should know that by now.
So the many articles quoting the police report aren't true?

The police report is a fabrication? Eyewitness reports are a fabrication?

Highly unlikely.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Too bad he didn't die sooner.

Now a man will never see his child grow up.
A daughter will never have her father walk her down the aisle at her marriage.
A wife will not have the chance to grow old with her husband.

All due to the ego of some old, impotent geezer with a gun.

Edit:
BruSan, I just read your post about you being 67. Just so you know, I'm 62, so I'm not a 20-something calling the guy a 'geezer'!
No umbrage taken here. I'm one of those geezers who'se lived enough that I've stepped on some toes and gotten called far worse than that and perhaps deservedly so.

I'm also what you'd call mature in both experience and thought processes so not inclined to go bat-chit crazy over a real or perceived verbal slight.

The thing that should be taken away from all of this is: these guys were both highly regarded by family friends and neighbours so, if it's possible for a pair of supposedly respected men to get themselves into a fracas that triggered the 'fight or flight' of one of them and the decision defaulted to one of 'pull the gun'; this type of thing could happen to anyone and the carrying of the gun removes the ability to apologize next Tuesday and move on.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Oh, you're one of those patronizing types. I can play.

You get your facts from Fox or Huffpost? Or do you attend every trial to hear it firsthand mayhaps?

If you ain't the court reporter, steno or the judge; you get your facts the very same way everyone else does and have no special ability to channel the "facts".

Assumption of superiority over others in either intelligence or cognitive skills is a word still starting with "ass" and you should know that.
I don't think she understands the webernets/interwebs world.

ps, can't rep you again, so consider this post a REP!

Old 01-14-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
No umbrage taken here. I'm one of those geezers who'se lived enough that I've stepped on some toes and gotten called far worse than that and perhaps deservedly so.

I'm also what you'd call mature in both experience and thought processes so not inclined to go bat-chit crazy over a real or perceived verbal slight.

The thing that should be taken away from all of this is: these guys were both highly regarded by family friends and neighbours so, if it's possible for a pair of supposedly respected men to get themselves into a fracas that triggered the 'fight or flight' of one of them and the decision defaulted to one of 'pull the gun'; this type of thing could happen to anyone and the carrying of the gun removes the ability to apologize next Tuesday and move on.

I agree. I have a gun for home defense. Even if I could carry one outside, I wouldn't. Of course, I live in a 'safe' area and don't frequent bad ones, so there is no need.

Well, this lady geezer needs sleep. Catch everyone on the flip side!

Old 01-14-2014, 08:39 PM

15,535 posts, read 10,510,396 times
There's no telling what all happened, think I'll wait to hear all the evidence. Sounds like they should have just gone outside and had a good old fashioned fist fight.

Old 01-14-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
There's no telling what all happened, think I'll wait to hear all the evidence. Sounds like they should have just gone outside and had a good old fashioned fist fight.
Or at the very least they should have considered their wives were both present witnessing their infantile behaviour.

Would you initiate a confrontation with anyone over such a trivial issue with your wife sitting by your side?

Would you ratchet it up a notch with your wife beside you asking you to desist as I'm sure was the case here?

Old 01-14-2014, 09:02 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Yep, that's pretty much it.

Or.....theater management should have insisted the young whippersnapper geek wannabee put his plastic toys away or leave.

Evidence at this point is non-existent. But the draw-and-quarter-the-shooter crowd can't connect the dots on that little fact.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:16 PM

650 posts, read 514,317 times
the wife was right there, compelling evidence, if it was only an over heard phone call victim to wife, the argument would be well, she was not there, so .

Last edited by alexcanter; 01-14-2014 at 09:31 PM..

Old 01-14-2014, 09:27 PM

28,681 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Yep, that's pretty much it.

Or.....theater management should have insisted the young whippersnapper geek wannabee put his plastic toys away or leave.
Inasmuch as this occurred before the main attraction, the manager had no cause for that. The announcement to turn off cell phones comes just before the main attraction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies