Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 07:04 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Figures. Some folks have to be told by management to be respectful and decent, and when. And if they don't sit around waiting for management to tell them when to jump and how high, they depend on the government to do their thinking for them.

How sad is that? No wonder people go around shooting other people.

Haaar; on the one hand you more than eloquently just described the entire military establishment, and on the other you suggest those not having independent critical thinking skills deserve shooting!

Ya gotta love this one.

You do realize that useage of a cel-phone is no more arrogant or ignorant than a slightly deaf person talking louder than normal (they tend to do that) during the previews. Gonna advocate shooting him or her before waiting to determine if they're going to continue that rude behaviour throughout the main feature?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
You do know that this guy was a former swat commander? He took his LEO invincible attitude into the movie theater.

If he was still a cop he probably wouldn't be facing charges as he had a magic uniform.
You seem to have a rather low opinion of law enforcement officers.

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The problem is the rudeness, the lack of common courtesy.
Yes that's the problem, not the whole shooting someone thingy?

Old 01-15-2014, 07:07 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The theater's rules are that cell phone use and texting are not allowed in the auditorium. If the guy reported the texter to management and they did nothing, then his beef should be with the management failing to enforce their own rules.

It would seem the texter was flouting the rules and mouthing off to the shooter. If it is true he had been annoyed by texters in the theater before, and then this guy who was doing it started getting in his face, he must have just snapped.

If one is seriously going to get that annoyed that someone is texting in a movie theatre, me thinks that person has a few issues, as we can clearly see with what happened here. Perhaps he should have just stayed home if it bothers him that much! Unfortunately annoyances happened everyday, but sometimes you have to take the damn high road and just say f*** it.... it ain't worth the drama!

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Yes that's the problem, not the whole shooting someone thingy?
No rudeness, no shooting. None of it would have happened at all. It's tragic.

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
So the problem is the texting? Unreal, I am just amazed at this logic.
The texting caused the issue that led to the tragedy. Inappropriate texting and cell phone use causes a lot of tragedies, as well as annoyance. That's why there are laws and rules about when they can be used. It actually is a serious issue.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:08 AM

6,032 posts, read 9,215,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Too bad he didn't die sooner.

Now a man will never see his child grow up.
A daughter will never have her father walk her down the aisle at her marriage.
A wife will not have the chance to grow old with her husband.

All due to the ego of some old, impotent geezer with a gun.

Edit:
BruSan, I just read your post about you being 67. Just so you know, I'm 62, so I'm not a 20-something calling the guy a 'geezer'!

He is not just some old geezer, it is important to note that this is a retired swat policeman. Police have a completely different attitude when it comes to dealing with regular folks. This guy forgot he was no longer in uniform.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:13 AM

2,690 posts, read 4,221,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
If one is seriously going to get that annoyed that someone is texting in a movie theatre, me thinks that person has a few issues, as we can clearly see with what happened here. Perhaps he should have just stayed home if it bothers him that much! Unfortunately annoyances happened everyday, but sometimes you have to take the damn high road and just say f*** it.... it ain't worth the drama!
Yeah, I agree. It seems to me that texting in public is less annoying than someone yapping into their phone. I was stuck in a waiting room last week with some idiot having a loud, endless conversation on his cell phone, and I sat there thinking that I wish he'd text instead.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:16 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
No rudeness, no shooting. None of it would have happened at all. It's tragic.
I really just don't know what to say to this. Place the blame where it belongs - on an older man with a gun who could not control his idiotic temper. Ridiculous.

I don't want to live in a world where you can shoot someone because they are texting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
The texting caused the issue that led to the tragedy. Inappropriate texting and cell phone use causes a lot of tragedies, as well as annoyance. That's why there are laws and rules about when they can be used. It actually is a serious issue.
More serious than say ~ shooting someone because you don't like their texting?

Please. People can text during the previews till the cows come home and it won't bother me one bit.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:19 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,757,033 times
Quote:
Reeves' son is a Tampa police officer who had just arrived at the theater, and was supposed to already be in the theater with his parents but was running late.
His son was not the one to subdue him. It was an off duty police officer who was sitting by him. I can't imagine the police would cuff an attempted murder suspect and let him walk himself to the police car, officer's Dad or not. It's not normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies