Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 02:12 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,678,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Sorry but I don't find any aspect of this story to be believable. Ex cop shoots man who was texting his 3 year old daughter during the previews. Ex cop is tackled and subdued by an off duty cop who just so happens to be sitting next to him. Two nurses attend to the victim inside of the movie theater (have we heard anything from those two nurses yet?) Shooter, ex cop's cop son shows up at the theater right after the shooting. Shooter is cuffed in the front, put into a Hazmat suit, given a bottle of water and is allowed to freely walk himself to the police car. People really believe this?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
When I have I made such a claim? Conspiracies do exists so I guess I am a "conspiracy theorist". Even though I find that particular term to be intentionally derogatory and designed to squash critical thought as is the term, "tin foil hat" that I'm sure will be thrown out at any moment. Yikes!!!!!!!!
I don't know where you're getting your information, but it's a bogus source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
It appears others have come forward stating they've had run-ins at the movies with this killer. With his attitude about cell phones and such, why does he bother to go to a public movie theatre? And why didn't his wife send him to anger management classes?
The only foolish comment I've seen by others who had "run ins" with this fella was some moronic woman who said he gave her dirty looks.

And doncha know the idiots on the Today show made a big deal out of that.

How anyone on earth can draw any conclusions at this point just shows how dumbed down America has gotten.

Old 01-15-2014, 02:36 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
sometimes i get the feeling that some of our fellow P&OC posters are one errant text message away from shooting someone

Old 01-15-2014, 02:57 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
The only foolish comment I've seen by others who had "run ins" with this fella was some moronic woman who said he gave her dirty looks.
If a look is a considered a run-in, I've had thousands of them, even a couple today. Hope I'm not on some list or something. I'm sure I would not even be bothered by a grumpy old man giving me the evil eye, it wouldn't be the first time. Sometimes I'm the one giving those dang kids the look.

Anyone see a generational issue here? Going out in public is very different now than even ten years ago, and so different from when seniors grew up. It's not fair to tell them to stay home, but it's nasty out there for anyone just wanting to go out for a relaxing time. It seems there is always a problem, whether on the road or at the destination, always someone or some group who has to ruin things for others. This would not have been tolerated in the past. A movie was just a movie, you sit there and watch it, laugh at funny parts, eat junior mints, maybe kiss your date a little, leave when it's over. Disrupters would be spoken to by an usher who was always present. If an elder person asked us to stop doing something we'd just do it because we were raised to respect elders and put up with them being grumpy and demanding sometimes.

We used to have a teens night at our theater that was all about being rowdy but there were rules there too. There was never any trouble, we didn't want to be tossed out.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:03 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
If a look is a considered a run-in, I've had thousands of them, even a couple today. Hope I'm not on some list or something. I'm sure I would not even be bothered by a grumpy old man giving me the evil eye, it wouldn't be the first time. Sometimes I'm the one giving those dang kids the look.

Anyone see a generational issue here? Going out in public is very different now than even ten years ago, and so different from when seniors grew up. It's not fair to tell them to stay home, but it's nasty out there for anyone just wanting to go out for a relaxing time. It seems there is always a problem, whether on the road or at the destination, always someone or some group who has to ruin things for others. This would not have been tolerated in the past. A movie was just a movie, you sit there and watch it, laugh at funny parts, eat junior mints, maybe kiss your date a little, leave when it's over. Disrupters would be spoken to by an usher who was always present. If an elder person asked us to stop doing something we'd just do it because we were raised to respect elders and put up with them being grumpy and demanding sometimes.

We used to have a teens night at our theater that was all about being rowdy but there were rules there too. There was never any trouble, we didn't want to be tossed out.
A movie was just a movie. And before the movie, people were coming and going. Changing seats. Visiting the restroom. Going to the concession stand. Chatting with their companions. How do you disrupt that process? Mr Reeves shot someone BEFORE the movie even started.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:11 PM

Quote:

You nailed it.

The gap consists of a difference in upbringing. There doesn't seem to be much upbringing going on these days.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
A movie was just a movie. And before the movie, people were coming and going. Changing seats. Visiting the restroom. Going to the concession stand. Chatting with their companions. How do you disrupt that process? Mr Reeves shot someone BEFORE the movie even started.
You forgot this:

Throwing popcorn in the faces of 71 year old people.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:20 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You forgot this:

Throwing popcorn in the faces of 71 year old people.
Yes, it was rude. It was rude of the 71-year-old to try to tell people what they could and could not do while people were seating themselves BEFORE the show. It wasn't rude for the 43-year-old father to use his cell phone to check on his 3-year-old daughter before the show. It was rude of him to respond to the 71-year-old's bossiness by throwing popcorn. It was way, way, way, way, way, way beyond rude for the 71-year-old to respond to the 43-year-old's rudeness by shooting him dead. And it's way, way, way, way, way beyond reasonable for you to defend the KILLER.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:22 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I don't think anyone is defending Reeves. He didn't complain about people walking around or chatting during previews, and that is not prohibited in the theater but texting is, as it is annoying enough to people such that it is a rule. The victim seems to have escalated the situation by mocking the man who was already agitated. I'm saying in the past normally a younger person would not treat a 70 year old that way, even if the senior was being gruff or demanding, just because we were taught not to do that.

No one is defending Reeves' reaction here, there are just things to think about related to how people behave in public now.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:27 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone is defending Reeves. He didn't complain about people walking around or chatting during previews, and that is not prohibited in the theater but texting is, as it is annoying enough to people such that it is a rule. The victim seems to have escalated the situation by mocking the man who was already agitated. I'm saying in the past normally a younger person would not treat a 70 year old that way, even if the senior was being gruff or demanding, just because we were taught not to do that.

No one is defending Reeves' reaction here, there are just things to think about related to how people behave in public now.
Texting BEFORE the movie starts is not prohibited, but guns are prohibited in the theater. So who was breaking the rules, the guy texting BEFORE the movie started, or the guy who had a gun in the theater?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies