Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2014, 07:36 AM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Among others. Also don't throw popcorn into the face of an angry man. Good rules to live by.
And, don't shoot unarmed people. Or else someone might be throwing popcorn in your face....in the BIG HOUSE. That person will also be your lover. It may not be all that consensual, but it's jail and you don't have a gun anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 07:37 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,314,898 times
It really doesn't matter what was said. The men were both white for the person that mentioned race. The guy with the gun was elderly and the guy he shot was in his forties. The news said he was texting his small daughter. There is no word bad enough to make someone pull out a gun and shoot an unarmed person in a theater. If that is the the world we live in, it is time to find a new one.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:42 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
And why exactly do they ask that you turn off your phone and not text or call?
So yo don't disturb people watching the movie, but all of this happened during the PREVIEWS, not during the movie. The timing is important.

On an airplane you can text or talk on the phone UNTIL the captain tells you to turn off your phone. In a movie you can text until the theater puts up the turn off your phone message at the end of the previews.
HE was shot for texting during the previews BEFORE the theater asks you to turn off your phone. HE was texting his kids babysitter about his child. This wasn't some kid texting "OMG you wouldn't believe who I saw at the mall today".

The ex-cop should have minded his own business.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:50 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post

nor do we know the background of the dead guy. Was he given to violent outbursts? Was he a meek,mild good old dad type guy? Any road rage or assaults in HIS past?
FYI:

He was born in Alton, Illinois, and spent the last 20 years in Florida, according to the obituary.

Oulson served in the U.S. Navy from 1990 to 1997 and was an aviation maintenance administration petty officer 2nd class, according to Navy news desk Lt. Richlyn Neal. He served during Operation Desert Storm.

Oulson rode dirt bikes, loved boating, and was a motor cross enthusiast. He was a devoted father and husband.

"Chad was funny. I remember when we all first started hanging out, I would tell him it's like hanging out with my brother because we would pick at each other make fun of each other, give a hard time," Glenda O'Meara, a friend, told CNN affiliate WTSP.

Saverio Mongelli, a friend and neighbor, told WFTS that Oulson was always at the pool playing with kids. He loved water and his daughter.

"Good, genuine person, funny guy," Mongelli said before breaking into tears.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:54 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
It really doesn't matter what was said. The men were both white for the person that mentioned race. The guy with the gun was elderly and the guy he shot was in his forties. The news said he was texting his small daughter. There is no word bad enough to make someone pull out a gun and shoot an unarmed person in a theater. If that is the the world we live in, it is time to find a new one.
Naah we'd just fugg that one up too. We gotta learn how to fix this one before we go infecting any more.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:54 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
The problem is the rudeness, the lack of common courtesy.
I'm sorry, but no.

The problem is that the world is changing. Technology is changing the world. And that some people find that incredibly frustrating. So they try to impose their own rules on the rest of the world.

Go into any theater, ANY theater, in this country, and before the show begins, probably a third of the audience will be looking at their cellphones. Checking their messages, leaving messages, playing games while waiting for the main feature to start. And it's not rude. After the movie starts, it's rude. Before the movie, when people are coming and going, getting refreshments, stowing their purses, chatting with each other, checking their messages and turning off their phones, it's not rude.

Mr Reeves found it irritating. But he wasn't just irritated. He took it upon himself to try to exert some authority to stop it. And when his authority wasn't respected, he was outraged. When his authority was mocked, he was enraged. And he acted on that rage.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:57 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
This IS the world we live in.
Road rage because the guy in front of you is going too slow.
Teens getting shot over the brand of sneakers they wear.
Stampedes at Walmart because some "bling" is on sale.

People are all about "me, me and only me" these days.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:59 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
And, don't shoot unarmed people. Or else someone might be throwing popcorn in your face....in the BIG HOUSE. That person will also be your lover. It may not be all that consensual, but it's jail and you don't have a gun anymore.
Let me ask you, do you know that the man who was shot was posing no threat to the shooter?

Old 01-15-2014, 08:00 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This IS the world we live in.
Road rage because the guy in front of you is going too slow.
Teens getting shot over the brand of sneakers they wear.
Stampedes at Walmart because some "bling" is on sale.

People are all about "me, me and only me" these days.
Since when hasn't there been a "me me me and only me" mentality?

Old 01-15-2014, 08:00 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Too bad the guy threw a bag of pop corn at a guy who was angry and had a gun. One never knows what reaction one will have so we should all stay civil and don't provoke anyone who is angry already.. one could wind up dead. Sad lesson .. we never know what can happen .. it isn't the first time and will not be the last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies