Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2014, 09:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I think you're another for the ignore pile.
Typical lefty.. when someone questions the accuracy of your talking points.. you put them on ignore rather than understand YOU'RE WRONG...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2014, 09:25 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,165 times
What about the corresponding lack of nutrition you have forced upon the working class family you stole the $1 from. What about the cost of getting that dollar in food stamps to the beneficiary. pelosi is a dunce and trying to back up her half baked theories is even dumber. Your explanations though this thread have been inarticulate and incomprehensible

Quote:
LOL, Sure

So Mr smith has a daughter named.....Jane. Jane eats like crazy! As the income of Mr smith is reduced he buys less expensive food. As a result the nutrition of Jane is reduced. Jane ends up with a reduced IQ

Poor childhood diet linked to low IQ, suggests study

As a result her lifetime addition to GDP is reduced by 10%, or approximately 210,000.

Seriously, good nutrition costs money. As it is YES the poor can survive on what we give them for food stamps, but its very hard to do so in a healthy way-especially as we dont teach good nutrition to people. And nutrition matters. Reducing food stamps has a good relationship with reducing incomes, it is one of the great success stories of the food stamp program that is rarely discussed.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:28 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
What about the corresponding lack of nutrition you have forced upon the working class family you stole the $1 from. What about the cost of getting that dollar in food stamps to the beneficiary. pelosi is a dunce and trying to back up her half baked theories is even dumber. Your explanations though this thread have been inarticulate and incomprehensible
Please, the people paying taxes can afford it. I know the tens of thousands I paid last year were no great hardship to me, and my children are not being nutritionally damaged. Its a tad different for those on food stamps.

As for inarticulate and incomprehensible, sure. I'll take that if you dont understand economics and what fiscal multipliers are. but come on, I even provided a cartoon.

Old 01-14-2014, 09:37 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Please, the people paying taxes can afford it. I know the tens of thousands I paid last year were no great hardship to me, and my children are not being nutritionally damaged. Its a tad different for those on food stamps.

As for inarticulate and incomprehensible, sure. I'll take that if you dont understand economics and what fiscal multipliers are. but come on, I even provided a cartoon.
Oh come on.. you're cartoon didnt even backup the claims you made.. But then you have me on ignore, so you cant see me laughing my ass off at you..

Old 01-14-2014, 09:44 PM

ignorance and arrogance beyond the pale. I don't care about you and what you can afford. Every dollar taken from my families income has a corresponding reduction in my standard of living and yes including my diet.

Quote:

Old 01-14-2014, 10:01 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boner View Post
ignorance and arrogance beyond the pale. I don't care about you and what you can afford. Every dollar taken from my families income has a corresponding reduction in my standard of living and yes including my diet.
Funny...imagine how much more it affects people that have even less money.

Come on we hear over and over how all the taxes are paid by the rich folks and how UNFAIR it is here.

Did you really pay all that much in federal taxes last year?

Old 01-14-2014, 10:08 PM

None of your biz

way off topic

Quote:
Funny...imagine how much more it affects people that have even less money.

Come on we hear over and over how all the taxes are paid by the rich folks and how UNFAIR it is here.

Did you really pay all that much in federal taxes last year?

Old 01-14-2014, 10:09 PM

And I care about 2 people with less than I

my son and my daughter

Old 01-15-2014, 01:26 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Sigh. No, its not. Is this really how uneducated the American people are in general about fiscal multipliers? Really?
The fiscal multiplier is used to measure the effect of government spending (fiscal policy) on the subsequent income level of that country. In theory, increased fiscal spending can lead to increased consumption, which then leads to a cycle of consumption and wealth creation.

So where does government get the money to support government spending? From our wallets. Democrats believe in taking from my wallet to put into someone else's creates wealth. It doesn't.

Old 01-15-2014, 01:30 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:

Who the hell are you to tell other people what they can and can not afford? And if those on welfare no longer had welfare they would get off their butts and make money to feed themselves. But you view them as people who can't do a think, invalids. I'm surprised you don't demand that we spoon feed them too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies