Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 08:30 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,086,755 times

Advertisements

You're welcome here Sean. If you don't live in what is zoned as a flood zone, you won't be required to pay flood ins. I've never paid flood insurance. I pay 1200 yr. for homeowners ins. NO state income tax!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 08:30 PM

7,947 posts, read 9,164,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
What a hack. I will believe it when I see it, but my guess he likes the elite NYC scene too much. Perhaps if he didn't want to pay such a high rate he shouldn't have moved to one of the wealthiest counties in the country, that was his choice.
He was raised in Nassau County NY.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:31 PM

5,503 posts, read 7,338,959 times
Quote:
That's pretty crazy. I knew somebody who sold car insurance In Florida and I think said the rates were double what they were in Pennsylvania, then doubled again in South Florida. Yes, Nassau County comes out to be around 8% of per capita income, but the rate of around 1.7% of the value is not outrageous. Lets not pretend this is a burden to Hannity, who makes 250 times the average resident.
My car insurance is the same in FL as it was in NY.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:36 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,864,961 times
Quote:
That's pretty crazy. I knew somebody who sold car insurance In Florida and I think said the rates were double what they were in Pennsylvania, then doubled again in South Florida. Yes, Nassau County comes out to be around 8% of per capita income, but the rate of around 1.7% of the value is not outrageous. Lets not pretend this is a burden to Hannity, who makes 250 times the average resident.
It IS crazy.

I'm sure there are some ridiculous backroom deals over the years between the Insurance Commissioner and the insurance companies, because honestly, there's no other explanation for it.

When I moved to NC, my homeowners and auto insurance combined equalled 5 months of just my flood insurance in FL. I can deal with state income tax when I'm saving over $6500 annually on insurance.

Yeah, I'm not going to mail Hannity a $20 to help him out. Perhaps he can move to Tampa, and live next to fellow New Yorkers Derek Jeter and Hal Steinbrenner.....lol. Jeter's house is 20,000+ sq. ft., which should cost about $60,000 a year for homeowners/flood insurance.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:37 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britt Reid View Post
I'm guessing he is taking Cuomo's words seriously about conservatives not being welcome in NY. He'll enjoy Florida along with the weather and fishing.
All New York conservatives should follow Hannity's example and leave the State. Let the liberal freaks wallow in their own fascist misery. That is one of the great things about the US, there are 49 other States to choose from. When Los Angeles County imposed their gun ban in 1989, I moved from the State of my birth to Alaska two years later.

As long as the States do not exercise any of the powers the US Constitution prohibits them from exercising, and as long as they maintain a republican form of government, without violating anyone's constitutionally protected rights, then they can pretty much do whatever they want (within the limits of their own State Constitution obviously).

As with neighborhoods in cities that change over time, the same thing is true with States. New York and California have become the "slums" of the US. The only people who move to either State have an overwhelming desire to become wage slaves to their fascist governments.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:43 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Rumor has it that New Yorkers are committing suicide left and right after hearing that Hannity is leaving the state.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:46 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,098,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

As with neighborhoods in cities that change over time, the same thing is true with States. New York and California have become the "slums" of the US.
Ok buddy. Silicon Valley, Wall Street, all slums....

Old 01-20-2014, 09:15 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,464,843 times
Quote:
Ok buddy. Silicon Valley, Wall Street, all slums....
Indeed. Liberal freaks create slums where ever they go. It is their nature - tax everyone to death, create a multitude of wage slaves, and create a class of citizens that are utterly dependent upon a fascist government.

We already had to bail New York out of bankruptcy once before. Which is why it is critical to keep liberal freaks out of the federal government before they bankrupt the nation and turn the US into a third-world nation.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:23 PM

3,555 posts, read 4,098,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

We already had to bail New York out of bankruptcy once before. Which is why it is critical to keep liberal freaks out of the federal government before they bankrupt the nation and turn the US into a third-world nation.
You mean the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008, read 2008? And Bear Stearns, Freddie and Fannie, Goldman Sachs, AIG, and Citi, all by the evil leftist George W. Bush.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:25 PM

2,687 posts, read 2,186,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Sean Hannity to Leave New York After Andrew Cuomo's Anti-Conservative Rant

New York's loss is Florida's gain. Hopefully all the liberals left in New York get to pay even more taxes to make up for all the tax revenue Cuomo just drove out of the state.
[/indent]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies