Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 12:08 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,169,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhmm he was born and raised there

it sucks to be taxed (priced) out of where you came from
Thanks for the laugh, anyone who thinks someone like Hannity is being "taxed out" doesn't realize how little he is being taxed in regard to how much money he is making. Hannity is just blowing smoke for his audience to eat up. This is a very common technique within Fox News that is called Pandering to the Audience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 01:51 AM

30,344 posts, read 19,143,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Thanks for the laugh, anyone who thinks someone like Hannity is being "taxed out" doesn't realize how little he is being taxed in regard to how much money he is making. Hannity is just blowing smoke for his audience to eat up. This is a very common technique within Fox News that is called Pandering to the Audience.
Hannity said his total tax burden was 62%....is that very little taxes to you? Of more importance is the Governor telling him, the Catholic Church, and those that support the 2nd amendment that they're not welcome in New York state.

Old 01-22-2014, 01:54 AM

30,344 posts, read 19,143,696 times
How big a deal would the news media make of it if the Governor of Texas said pro-choice, those that oppose the 2nd amendment and those support gay rights are not welcome in Texas?

Old 01-22-2014, 05:57 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I don't think he hates taxes. I think he hates unreasonably high tax rates.
And his solutiuon was to live in a county with 2nd highest taxes in the nation....

Maybe he lived there so he could complain about it on TV.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:00 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
Quote:
Ok, so he has been crying about it for 55 years, as opposed to solving the problem.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:33 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,646,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Well as of a few weeks ago, he's not on in my area anymore. We now have Michael Savage....ugh
He's no longer in my market as well...

Old 01-22-2014, 06:34 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,646,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Hannity said his total tax burden was 62%....is that very little taxes to you? Of more importance is the Governor telling him, the Catholic Church, and those that support the 2nd amendment that they're not welcome in New York state.
I stopped after "Hannity said... "

The guy is a sensational liar.

Old 01-22-2014, 06:46 AM

57,242 posts, read 26,186,773 times
Quote:

it sucks to be taxed (priced) out of where you came from
First of all he is complaining about his County taxes and school taxes, NY state has little impact but if he wants to complain then let him go to a school budget hearing where it will do the most good.

Middle class families pay on average $10-14K, hard to imaging a millionaire having problems making ends meet. We heard the same nonsense from Phil Mickelson (golfer) when California raised the state income tax. Millionaires aren't going anywhere just because of taxes, middle class is another story.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:43 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,541,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
First of all he is complaining about his County taxes and school taxes, NY state has little impact but if he wants to complain then let him go to a school budget hearing where it will do the most good.

Middle class families pay on average $10-14K, hard to imaging a millionaire having problems making ends meet. We heard the same nonsense from Phil Mickelson (golfer) when California raised the state income tax. Millionaires aren't going anywhere just because of taxes, middle class is another story.
You claim to live in New York but you don't knoe that the state has an income tax that tops out at 9 % for top earners? That's pretty significant theft.

Old 01-22-2014, 07:53 AM

58,996 posts, read 27,284,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grsz11 View Post
What a hack. I will believe it when I see it, but my guess he likes the elite NYC scene too much. Perhaps if he didn't want to pay such a high rate he shouldn't have moved to one of the wealthiest counties in the country, that was his choice.
"will believe it when I see it," Many said the same thing when Rush announced HE was leaving NY along with thousands of others.

"WASHINGTON — New York will lose 2 of its 29 seats in the House, while New Jersey will lose 1 of its 13 seats, because of population shifts reported by the Census Bureau on Tuesday."
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/22/ny...2nycensus.html

Some, mostly dem, politician just can't understand that if you raise taxes too high, people will change the way they do things.

Look up the history of the 10% "luxury" tax.

And I find it very ironic that Cuomo is NOW running adds prompting 10 years free of business taxes if you move or start a business in NY.

I doubt many people will move to NY because the REST of the taxes are too high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies