Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 09:10 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,204,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
You act like NY is the ONLY city in thew world that people can do shows from.

Rush moved to Fla. and is doing fine.

I think you need to bone up on new technology.
News Corp has its studios in Manhattan. Now if he said he was moving to DC I might believe him. I doubt News Corp will build a studio in Florida for their little baby Hannity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2014, 09:11 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
NY and NJ are both neighboring states to mine. I wouldn't live in either state. They are both as beautiful and as scenic as PA, but I prefer to keep as much of my money as possible. I am no fan of Hannity, he is a broken record and boring. That said I wouldn't stay in NYC if there were any options. Nice place to visit once a year or so, but live there? Never.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"when everything is in NYC" Really?
I am NOT surprised as a card carrying liberal who claims they hate FOX and doesn't watch it but, CONSTANTLY comments on what they say, show, etc. makes claims that shows that they haven't a clue about FOX except what they read in media matters, etc.
It sounds like we might have struck a nerve with your idol. Let me know when he is actually moving. I would love to help him go. I wonder if he has put his place up for sale yet.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I subscribe to the John Gibson podcast. Gibson is a talk radio host on the Fox radio network. When he moved from NYC to Texas, they built a studio on his ranch, so he could continue to do his radio show.

This isn't Limbaugh, remember. Relative to Limbaugh, Gibson is a nobody.

If Fox will build a studio on a ranch in Texas so they can keep a radio show host on the air, there's no reason to believe that they wouldn't go much further to support Hannity's move. Hannity is a MUCH bigger name than Gibson.
Well I guess there is only one way to find out.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:13 AM

2,776 posts, read 3,597,133 times
Took my family and business out of NY three years ago, I save around 24k/year in income, sales, and property tax.

States like NY are only good to live in if you're a welfare parasite. Anyone productive will be sucked dry real fast.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
NY and NJ are both neighboring states to mine. I wouldn't live in either state. They are both as beautiful and as scenic as PA, but I prefer to keep as much of my money as possible. I am no fan of Hannity, he is a broken record and boring. That said I wouldn't stay in NYC if there were any options. Nice place to visit once a year or so, but live there? Never.
I have to agree with you on this one, I enjoy visiting this part of the country, but would much rather be living back in the northwest.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:15 AM

45,439 posts, read 60,638,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
If someone tells you they pay 62% of all their income to taxes and doesn't prove it, they are lying to you.
According to Urbanlife you're lying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post
Took my family and business out of NY three years ago, I save around 24k/year in income, sales, and property tax.

States like NY are only good to live in if you're a welfare parasite. Anyone productive will be sucked dry real fast.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreutz View Post

That is called high cost of living, my hometown I would only need to make $30K to make the equivalent of $50K in NYC.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
According to Urbanlife you're lying.
Sounds like you don't understand how cost of living works, not all those savings are to taxes. Housing costs alone are expensive here.

Old 01-22-2014, 09:19 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
haha. I left NY for FL over a year ago. I'm saving over $20,000 a year in taxes! NY is toast with Cuomo and De Blasio.
Then there is Texas, they have ZERO state income taxes and had a $2.6 billion budget surplus in fiscal year 2013, and the state of Florida has over $1 billion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies