Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 01:34 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Some elected Congressmen love to inform people on Fox News that the U.S. has the highest corporate tax rate in the world and this is why they do not create jobs. While the tax rate is true from a statutory standpoint, the effective tax rate is the only rate that matters.

The effective average corporate tax rate in the U.S. is 12.6%, about middle of the road.

GAO: U.S. corporations pay average effective tax rate of 12.6% - Jul. 1, 2013

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/03/bu...ates.html?_r=0
New York times is a liberal propaganda machine. And it certainly is not 12%... I wish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2014, 06:50 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
You fail at precisely the thing MOST needed in this country... belief in yourself, willingness to take risks, and a belief in your fellow man. You go around demanding the government take away every risk.
Your helpless pessimism is evident on your posts, not mine.

I notice you keep making personal comments about me, which I know are lies. I asked for quotes before, and you failed to produce them, and instead added more lies. I'll ask you again: Could you provide quotes backing up you previous claims as well as the new ones here. Thanks.

Old 01-23-2014, 06:57 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Haha But the US has a very low unemployment rate? 6.7%? Or 92 million people out of 230 million adults capable of working.
well, by comparison, Lithuania's UE is 11.1%, Ireland is 12.6%

those were two countries that, according to this silly little model, supposedly have "low barriers to creating jobs."

Old 01-23-2014, 07:00 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I thought the same thing but was debating another debate and didn't focus on this.
Well it is good to have you admit you don't know what the word "liberal" means.

Old 01-23-2014, 07:00 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,733,597 times
i'm reading this thread and i feel like i'm in a patient ward for mental illness

i think maybe 1 out of every 25 posts is relevant to the topic

Old 01-23-2014, 08:45 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
A new study by the World Bank and the International Finance Corp. found that the U.S. ranks well behind countries like Rwanda, Belarus and Azerbaijan in terms of how easy it is for an entrepreneur to start a new business. The U.S. did narrowly beat Uzbekistan, though.

The rankings were included in the organizations' joint study "Doing Business 2014: Understanding Regulations for Small- and Medium-Sized Businesses." The annual report, released in October, ranks the relative ease of creating a new business in 189 countries, looking at such measures as the number of procedures required, the time spent complying with them and the cost of doing so, among other factors.

Thanks president Obama for choking off jobs
US ranks behind Rwanda, Belarus, Azerbaijan in ease of creating new business, World Bank says | Fox News
I saw an interview with co-founder of Home Depot and he said in today's world there would be NO way they could have even started.

Many banks turned them down for a loan. They finally got a loan from a local Community Bank.

He said the new regulations will make most of those types of banks will disappear.

He rattled off a bunch of successful companies that were started in someone's garage and said that NONE of them could make it today.

Old 01-23-2014, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I saw an interview with co-founder of Home Depot and he said in today's world there would be NO way they could have even started.

Many banks turned them down for a loan. They finally got a loan from a local Community Bank.

He said the new regulations will make most of those types of banks will disappear.

He rattled off a bunch of successful companies that were started in someone's garage and said that NONE of them could make it today.
And yet new successful companies are started in garages all the time.

Too bad the American spirit of optimism has been replaced by pessimism and helplessness in the minds of too many people. Thank god it is still alive in enough of us.

Old 01-23-2014, 04:36 PM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And yet new successful companies are started in garages all the time.

Too bad the American spirit of optimism has been replaced by pessimism and helplessness in the minds of too many people. Thank god it is still alive in enough of us.
"And yet new successful companies are started in garages all the time. " How many actually succeed/ How do they get financing or are they just "home" based businesses?

Old 01-23-2014, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"And yet new successful companies are started in garages all the time. " How many actually succeed/ How do they get financing or are they just "home" based businesses?
They find financing one way or another. Back in the day Steve Jobs couldn't get a loan from a bank either, but he found a way. They start small, like they always did. Netflix started small. Facebook started small, with practically no money. Pandora started small, with no money. Like Steve Jobs in the past, they find someone with money who believes in their idea, and they get financing. Heck, even Home Depot got their money from someone who believed in their idea. The guy who arranged the money became a co-founder of Home Depot. The guy you are talking about is not being honest. The game hasn't changed. After you find the idea, the first big challenge is to find the funding, and that has always been the case.

No, not all succeed, and never did. It's a risk, and reading the comments by many fake conservatives here, their attitude is that everything is impossible, but luckily there are people like Will Glacer who are willing to take the risk. He knows success is not guaranteed, but he is doing it anyway. Where is your "I can do it" spirit? Why is everyone here crying about how difficult everything is?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 01-23-2014 at 05:02 PM..

Old 01-23-2014, 07:51 PM

9,470 posts, read 6,969,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I am beginning to think you have no idea what the word "liberal" means. Either that or abortions and gay marriage are all legal in North Korea, China, and Russia. Seriously, you are just embarrassing yourself now.
I do.

"Liberal" means the individual has no rights and the government has unlimited powers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies