Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 08:26 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,662,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The "two consenting adults" argument doesn't wash. Some things are not good for society.

By the second part of your statement ("own morality") are you acknowledging that this is not moral?

Morality is what God says it is. He says that this is not moral. Period. We don't get to make up our own moral code. You might say, "I don't believe in God." That is not societies problem. That is your problem. We as a society cannot be civilized with everyone determining their "own morality." Someone might believe "honor killings" are moral (and just). Muslims do. Is that good for society? No, it is not. It is murder, and it is evil. No one has the right to take the life of another (except for the State, as punishment for the crime of murder, which God prescribed).

Anyone who cannot understand these most basic concepts of civilized society has some serious mental problems.
Then why the hell do you care so dearly how homosexuals have sex? I certainly don't give a damn how you have sex with consenting parties. Besides that, it's none of my business. By the way, there's a lot of things not good about society, such as the high divorce rate. But nobody advocates making it a law to discriminate against divorced people.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:30 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,698,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
So basically all you are getting your knickers in knot about and spending so much time and energy on....is a word.
For the most part, yes. The term Marriage is something that I don't want redefined, for Religious and Natural reasons. The term has never had anything to do with homosexuals. Dropping it from the Government protects the term and gives everyone what they want, both gay and straigh

I still would have a problem with gay activsts however, who are very militant and the exact opposite of tolerant. They need to stop pushing their lifestyle onto others, especially those who disagree with it.

Dropping Marriage from the Government would take away all their power, they would no longer have anything to rally behind, people would just see them for what they really are, a lifestyle group wanting special treatment from society. Obviously they gay activsts don't want this because it would be over for them politically and socially speaking.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:57 PM

86 posts, read 147,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaPirate355 View Post
For the most part, yes. The term Marriage is something that I don't want redefined, for Religious and Natural reasons. The term has never had anything to do with homosexuals. Dropping it from the Government protects the term and gives everyone what they want, both gay and straigh

I still would have a problem with gay activsts however, who are very militant and the exact opposite of tolerant. They need to stop pushing their lifestyle onto others, especially those who disagree with it.

Dropping Marriage from the Government would take away all their power, they would no longer have anything to rally behind, people would just see them for what they really are, a lifestyle group wanting special treatment from society. Obviously they gay activsts don't want this because it would be over for them politically and socially speaking.
I guess you'll have to suck it up and accept that marriage has been 'redefined' whether you like it or not (besides who gave religious groups the right to define a word in the first place?). I am married to my husband, we are same-sex couple, our marriage is identical to your marriage (so long as we continue to reside in a state that allows it (try putting yourself in that position and see how messed up it is)).

Continually referring to being gay as a lifestyle will only continue to drive the argument forward (although since that's been explained to you umpteen times on this forum I suspect you do it on purpose). Thankfully the majority of people have moved into 2014 and agree that heterosexuals and homosexuals can share the word marriage without the world coming to an end.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:00 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,662,160 times
Quote:

How does that go? Are you some hot straight guy getting sick and tired of homosexuals pestering you for sex?

Old 02-19-2014, 09:07 PM

6,414 posts, read 10,499,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School Reactionary View Post
I'm tired of the gay brigade. So obsessed with themselves and what they do to each other. Boring as hell.
Typical response from the anti gay army, so obsessed with the sex lives of others. Your lives must be so boring.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:09 PM

307 posts, read 405,695 times
what we need now is a constitutional amendment defining marriage as a man and woman. The courts cant overrule that.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:16 PM

86 posts, read 147,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RIVERSMVP14 View Post
what we need now is a constitutional amendment defining marriage as a man and woman. The courts cant overrule that.
Good luck with that

Old 02-19-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I am against it.

Gays seem to want special laws for themselves.
What special laws? It has been the straight people getting special laws and rights with those 1049 federal rights and the state rights, granting us marriage does not give us any more or any less than those 1049 marriage rights and benefits that come with a civil marriage.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Well with the work of corrupt activist judges, it's only a matter of time before they override the will of the people in all states, at least most states anyway. I do suspect a few won't ever allow them.

I however believe in the Separation of Marriage and State. Drop the term Marriage from the legal system all together, the Government should only issue '' Civil Contracts '' between couples, gay or straight. This way the debate would be over. Gay people would have the same relationship equality as everyone else, and Religious people would not have to Violate their values and redefine Marriage, as the term would only be used in the Religious and Social context of the word. I have always supported equal benefits for gays, I just don't believe in redefining the word Marriage.

However equality is not what Gay Activsts truly want, if Gay Marriage was legalized everywhere tomorrow they would not be happy, because that is notwwhat their real agenda is. It's to force their lifestyle onto everybody else, push it into the culture and try and force everyone to accept it as '' normal ''. Well it's not, and if you disagree with them than they will use their weapon of Political Correctness and their Liberal Hollywood Army to attack you as a homophobe, even though you're not.
It is already CIVIL MARRIAGE and that is what the federal government recognizes. Why waste time and money to change it to civil contract. A church marriage is holy matrimony, just another form or marriage, not the only form of marriage, nor owned by any church. Have your church marriage/wedding/holy matrimony, but without that wonderful government backed civil marriage contract, IT MEANS SQUAT.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:31 PM

128 posts, read 123,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I am against it.

Gays seem to want special laws for themselves.
Due process of law and equal protection are not "special gay laws."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies