Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-14-2014, 06:06 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You ain't speaking for me. I DON'T hire illegal aliens.
Exactly, most Americans do not hire illegal aliens and I despise those that do. It is only they that profit from cheap illegal labor while they pass their social costs on to the rest of us.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:07 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negotiator75 View Post
Latino children to make up bigger share of population by 2050, study says

The USA is the land of immigrants and they have always been embraced to come to this country, if you have a problem with that, then don't read what is written at the base of the statue of liberty.

Why do so many Americans fear the fact that in 2050, the Latinos will dominate the demographics? What would be so bad if the star spangled banner would one day be sung in Spanish?

A Latino is simply a spanish speaking American. Sure, technically the USA stole the title of "American" but these Latinos are from "North American", "Central America" and "South America".

They are ALL Americans and the only difference is that they MOSTLY speak Spanish (of course except Brazil and Guyanas etc..).

One cannot say that all brown people are Latinos because in fact a Latino is a hybrid race and can be black, white, brown, asian.. you wont know the difference unless you ask.

I am an Iraq veteran and I strongly believe what is the big deal? Let them take over and make the USA better!
Well that's just awesome!

Tell them to make sure they sign in with the IRS so they can immediately start paying taxes.

Someone is going to have to pay for Liberal Fantasy Land™.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:21 PM

5,147 posts, read 7,478,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So you consider a group that thinks they are above our laws as a promising immigrant group? Really?
Hey, where was the "law" when America was stripping Mexico of large land masses. Again, seems to me any group that regards the law that lightly is already assimilated.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:21 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Nonsense! Unless you are a career individual with a good paying job one can't afford more than a couple of kids these days. Just because others breed like there is no tomorrow and expect the taxpayer to provide for them is no reason to do the same to keep up with them. Our birth rates are still nearly double our death rates. Ideally our population should have stabilized and leveled off around 200 million but due to opening up the flood gates in 1965, thanks fat Teddy, and not securing our borders from illegal immigration we have what we have today.
That's what I said. I chose not to have more kids because i cant afford to. What i meant to also say was the only way whites will not become a minority would be if they have more kids. Im not saying it's the responsible thing to do.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
That's what I said. I chose not to have more kids because i cant afford to. What i meant to also say was the only way whites will not become a minority would be if they have more kids. Im not saying it's the responsible thing to do.
Until our laws keep out the likes of the Tsarnaevs, we aren't capable of any sort of control of demographics. The Somalis who used to rule Mogadishu are now forming gangs in American cities. I wonder why more people aren't demanding Congressional investigation of enforcement, which is the only thing that is going to matter if new laws are put in place (sorry if I confuse some people by bringing up the Tsarnaevs).

Old 02-14-2014, 06:28 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yeah, well I hope all that paranoia works out for you..

UMMMM, what did I say that was untrue????

Do you want the whole USAtard to resemble Detroitbabwe??????????

Old 02-14-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Hey, where was the "law" when America was stripping Mexico of large land masses. Again, seems to me any group that regards the law that lightly is already assimilated.
Don't know what you are referring to but individuals thinking that breaking laws is ok for their ethnic group has nothing to do what any of our governments do. Most of us have no use for those in our government or what they do.

Old 02-14-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Don't know what you are referring to but individuals thinking that breaking laws is ok for their ethnic group has nothing to do what any of our governments do. Most of us have no use for those in our government or what they do.
Like Bernie Madoff, for instance? Like Ken Lay, for instance? People sure have dementia when it comes to the pervasiveness of disrespect for law.

Old 02-14-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beenhere4ever View Post
Like Bernie Madoff, for instance? Like Ken Lay, for instance? People sure have dementia when it comes to the pervasiveness of disrespect for law.
I abhor all lawbreakers but since when do the individuals you mentioned represent the thought process of an entire ethnic group?

Old 02-14-2014, 07:12 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
Quote:
The USA is the land of immigrants and they have always been embraced to come to this country, if you have a problem with that, then don't read what is written at the base of the statue of liberty.
I could care less what it says on the Statue of Liberty, it is just a statue, not a law.

Anyway, the USA has been a land of influxes of immigrants since its existence. Question will be; how many, and will it be to the point the USA will be in name only? Or will the institutions and shared values that has made the country prosper still be in place?

Quote:
Why do so many Americans fear the fact that in 2050, the Latinos will dominate the demographics? What would be so bad if the star spangled banner would one day be sung in Spanish?
Who are the "so many Americans?" And why is it Americans are criticized for their negative thoughts towards non-Americans immigrating into the US? Are current Americans not extended the same respect for their thoughts?

And yes, it would be bad if the Anthem was sung in a different language, perhaps you want a rewrite of the Constitution? If the immigrants really valued the US, they would speak the language of the host nation, as any respectful immigrant does.

Quote:
A Latino is simply a spanish speaking American. Sure, technically the USA stole the title of "American" but these Latinos are from "North American", "Central America" and "South America".
No, a person can be Latino and not speak a word of English, just as a person can be fluent in Spanish and not be Latino. Also, which is it; Latino or Hispanic?

The USA did not "steal" the title of American; it is a shortened term given to people from the USA, and a globally accepted norm. What you refer to as "South American" is a geo-political term, whereas the term "American", refers to a nationality.

Quote:
They are ALL Americans and the only difference is that they MOSTLY speak Spanish (of course except Brazil and Guyanas etc..).
They are only Americans if they have US citizenship. The chances of them knowing Spanish is slim as the skill is lost after a couple of generations. Many heritage speakers only know how to speak, not read or write their heritage language. Their language skills are rather poor, being only at a conversational level. This goes for everyone no matter the language.

Quote:
One cannot say that all brown people are Latinos because in fact a Latino is a hybrid race and can be black, white, brown, asian.. you wont know the difference unless you ask.
The term "Latino", or Hispanic, I wish everyone would make up their mind, though Latino encompasses non-Spanish speaking countries, whereas Hispanic does not, is an ethnicity. A person can be of any race and be a Latino. It is not even really an ethnicity except for in US politics.

Quote:
I am an Iraq veteran and I strongly believe what is the big deal? Let them take over and make the USA better!
Funny you use the term "take over", implying they are here not for the love of the country or to assimilate into what is a successful culture, but to "take over" and install their own culture and way of life. Yet you think it is odd and disrespectful for current Americans to be hostile to this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies