Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 09:15 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwmdk View Post
I could do that as well.

However, you have never even tried to explain your position. I have. And it is supported by reality.

The left believes in government without boundaries which can change everything from individual behavior to economic activity.
That is a false generalization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2014, 09:15 AM

9,470 posts, read 6,971,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It was and has been groups from the "left" that has done the most to combat the authoritarian aspects of the Patriot Act. Most notably the ACLU.
LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, the ACLU only does that which it thinks will garner more money for its coffers. Its actual dedication to liberties simply does not exist.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That is a false generalization.
Then tell me, what's false about it?

Old 02-15-2014, 09:16 AM

Quote:
LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, the ACLU only does that which it thinks will garner more money for its coffers. Its actual dedication to liberties simply does not exist.
Also another false statement from you.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:17 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
LOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well at least I now know enough to not take anything you say seriously.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/national-s...riot-act-phone

ACLU Sues Over PATRIOT Act | Fox News

Old 02-15-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Then tell me, what's false about it?
The Left believe in a government without boundaries is a false statement.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Rye View Post
Your sticking your fingers in your ears doesn't mean I haven't explained. In fact I have told you the global right consists of things like nationalism, religious fundamentalism, and racism, all of which have resulted in authoritarian governments throughout history. If communism is left wing, wouldn't anything opposed to communism be right wing...therefore history is full of anti-communist right wing dictatorships.
You're ASSERTING things without any reason to back it up.

Just declaring nationalism, racism, etc, as "right" doesn't make it true. One judges left and right by what they DO, not what you declare them to be.

The left - unlimited, authoritarian, proactive culture-changing, dogmatic ideology.

The right - individual liberty, free enterprise, defense of natural human rights.

You seem to conflate political parties with what's left and right - which is pure fiction. The Democrats are hard left... the republicans just moderately to the left.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee Rye View Post
You are so incredibly blinded by hate, rage, whatever ailment, as to be completely incapable of assessing reality logically.
Of course your argument has to be to prove to the world that I'm an uncivilized, raging, out of control , mindless cretin. I mean, if you don't, someone might believe me, and you want people to accept everything you say without question.

That's your only argument, isn't it?

Old 02-15-2014, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Well at least I now know enough to not take anything you say seriously.

https://www.aclu.org/blog/national-s...riot-act-phone

ACLU Sues Over PATRIOT Act | Fox News
The ACLU has no commitment, other than verbal gymnastics, to liberty.

It engages in those things it believes will garner it financial support - NOTHING MORE.

Old 02-15-2014, 09:24 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Wikipedia is a encyclopedia with footnotes that link to legitimate sources...most of the time. By dismissing the entire post without even attempting to read it is intellectually dishonest. You are basically trying to side step an entire argument by not acknowledging a source that would refute your argument.

The Left also does not believe in an all powerful government, you are again being dishonest just to make your argument.
I agree with your first point, but not the second. The left does believe that big government is good for society, and big government is all powerful government. Unfortunately, government isn't very good at running anything well. Look at the botched roll-out of Obamacare, from lying to get the law passed in the first place to cronies getting the contract to create the website that didn't work, and then getting additional money to "fix" the problems (seems almost deliberately done so they could get that extra money).

And what could be more of a symbol of big government becoming too powerful than Catherine Engelbrecht, who after filing for 501(c)3 and 503(c)4 statuses for organizations she founded, was audited by the IRS for personal and business taxes for the first time, and every year since applying for tax-exemption, the FBI came out six different times, had two OSHA inspections at her small fabrication manufacturing shop that even the OSHA inspector said wasn't necessary, and also had visits from the ATF. If that's not political intimidation, I don't know what is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies