Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 01:43 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
What a warped article. The whole reason the hospital is closing is because Georgia is one of the states that refused the Medicaid expansion and 23% of the patients that the critical care facility handles have no insurance and are not elegiable for Medicaid. The hospital has only 25 beds to begin with so it isn't actually a hospital. just a rural care facility in a poor area. Bottom line, the republicans are responsible for the shutdown by not expanding their Medicaid program. There have been no "Cuts" in hospital payments under Obamacare.

Here's some actual info from your own link.

Many hospitals in the 25 states that rejected the Medicaid expansion are facing similar financial problems. Liberal administration ally Think Progress has already faulted Georgia for not expanding Medicaid as Obamacare envisioned.

As usual, misinformation and downright lies from the Obamacare haters. In fact, almost all the horror stories that the Obamacare haters post on the internet are cases from the Republican states that refused to expand their system in accordance with the ACA. So basically, you trash the system then complain that it isn't working.
Liberals and entitlement folks just can't grasp the concept of financial and personal responsibility can they. I'm going to make a guess here but your either

a) getting free or subsidized care, housing, food stamps etc
b) make enough money you don't need a)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 01:44 PM

19,029 posts, read 14,209,414 times
Remember, magic pixie dust makes money move from your wallet to the government and back to your wallet - minus a hefty cut for the management.
Sigh

Old 02-19-2014, 01:45 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm just curious why you think the right wingers hate Obama to the point that they are willing to not take government money in order to keep businesses open..
You are putting words in my mouth. I said nothing of the sort. I said that the rightwingers are using the ACA as a boogie man to terrify their minions. As they are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
if its not race, then what is it? I've never met anyone who denies their pocketbook because of some policies which dont affect them, but thats what you are suggesting.
No, dear, I never suggested that. But the fact that you jump immediately to racism says more about you than it does about me.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:46 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
You are blanking out, for some reason, that the State of Georgia is not fully implementing all aspects off the ACA. GA has a large poverty stricken population and is a state that ranks near bottom in terms health nationally, yet because of politics, our attorney general was one of those who sued to stop the implementation off Obamacare. They partially won, which many of you do not realize in that they now are not required to expand Medicaid. A majority of the rural areas here are poverty stricken and their health along with their access to medical facilities would have improved if GA would have expanded Medicaid.

ACA cannot "fix" anything without that expansion here. We have too many poor. I live in the city of Atlanta and last I read 30% of Atlanta's population lives on poverty wages and Atlanta is the most successful city in the state so one can only imagine the poverty levels in rural GA where low income jobs are scarce and people do not have many prospects.

And FWIW, I agree with most of what you said. I do not believe that the insurers can provide adequate healthcare unless they are contracted firms contracted to provide insurance to the general public via a Medicaid-eque public option. Many of you conservatives don't want that though. I understand your reasoning but really, realistically, the only way to have medical facilities available to all Americans regardless of income is to have universal health care and publicized medicine. Having privatized, profit based healthcare facilities just will not work in areas like rural Georgia which have large populations living in poverty.
So if only George had expanded Medicaid, then clearly all of the problems which ACA would go away?

And how exactly do you think the money will be generated to pay for such programs? Taxes?

Old 02-19-2014, 01:47 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
He cares and is ready to fund the expansion of medicaid 100% for states that accept it. It's the republicans in the state that don't care about their own citizens.
For Christs sake that doesn't last forever and states can't print money like the fed..it easy to spot someone who has no concept of finance. Who's going to pay at the state level when the fed money isn't 100%? Is sure not the people in IdiotCare. Guess what? It's your neighbor once again being pushed into something they didn't want by the village idiot in the White House.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:48 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Government creates a regulatory environment it claims fixes things, but all it does is create more problems.

The fourth Georgia hospital in two years is closing its doors due to severe financial difficulties caused by Obamacare’s payment cuts for emergency services.
Fourth Georgia hospital closes due to Obamacare cuts | The Daily Caller
A hospital with 25 beds...? Anyway, spending cuts will reduce money flow for those who are used to receiving government money. That's just common sense. Also, it seems the State refused the Medicaid expansion, so you get what you order. Why can't Georgia can fund their own leeches. I guess they will vote Republican to get those money taps opened again.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:49 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Liberals and entitlement folks just can't grasp the concept of financial and personal responsibility can they. I'm going to make a guess here but your either

a) getting free or subsidized care, housing, food stamps etc
b) make enough money you don't need a)
Conservatives just cant grasp the concept of personal responsibility, they blame Obama for everything, and their lot in life.

Look around. Heres some FACTS:
Our GDP adjust for inflation has increased massively year after year.....all the while our population as a general has not done any better other then for the top 1%-who are making rules that benefit them via a paid for government.

And our poor are getting poorer. So yeah-the greatest nation on the planet has such large inequality that even the WORKING poor need help. These are people putting in a honest day of work.

Go back to when many here were younger, and it wasnt this way. This isnt the fault of the people you describe. They're working hard to survive. But of course, people DO like to blame them, because they listen to things like Fox news thats being paid to misinform them. And they believe it, and call others sheeple....not realizing that they're looking in a mirror.

Old 02-19-2014, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You are putting words in my mouth. I said nothing of the sort. I said that the rightwingers are using the ACA as a boogie man to terrify their minions. As they are.
Well clearly some of thats true, but the only way that can possibly happen is if the problems exist. To suggest otherwise is like blaming the magical unicorns which run around in your back yard for your vehicle not starting in the morning while ignoring the fact that its 10 below outside..
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
No, dear, I never suggested that. But the fact that you jump immediately to racism says more about you than it does about me.
You are suggesting people are just making up problems that dont exist, and I ask you again.. WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT, especially if it doesnt affect their pocketbook?

Old 02-19-2014, 01:50 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,375,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
For Christs sake that doesn't last forever and states can't print money like the fed..it easy to spot someone who has no concept of finance. Who's going to pay at the state level when the fed money isn't 100%? Is sure not the people in IdiotCare. Guess what? It's your neighbor once again being pushed into something they didn't want by the village idiot in the White House.
You mean the 10% that they have to pay eventually? You DO realize the better medical for the large number of folks will save them FAR FAR more then 10%? Right?

Old 02-19-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Conservatives just cant grasp the concept of personal responsibility, they blame Obama for everything, and their lot in life.

Look around. Heres some FACTS:
Our GDP adjust for inflation has increased massively year after year.....all the while our population as a general has not done any better other then for the top 1%-who are making rules that benefit them via a paid for government.

And our poor are getting poorer. So yeah-the greatest nation on the planet has such large inequality that even the WORKING poor need help. These are people putting in a honest day of work.

Go back to when many here were younger, and it wasnt this way. This isnt the fault of the people you describe. They're working hard to survive. But of course, people DO like to blame them, because they listen to things like Fox news thats being paid to misinform them. And they believe it, and call others sheeple....not realizing that they're looking in a mirror.
30 million will GO WITHOUT INSURANCE even after ACA is in effect.

Is that your example of personal responsibility? no thanks? It only cost us $1T in new taxes at least over the next decade, to move the goalpost on teh number of insured by ZERO..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies