Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 12:33 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Coast Republican View Post
It's hilarious how, after liberals calling the woman stupid (which is due mainly to the liberal media portraying her as such), and now they're standing in embarrassment that Palin was right the whole time.
I predict a middle eastern country will have an uprising in the next 6 years.

When it happens, you have to agree that my prediction was just as right as Palins'

Old 03-01-2014, 12:34 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
When you take an interview that took over 12 hours and edit it to make the person you interviewed "look dumb" it is NOT hard to do.

I would like for the ENTIRE 12 hours be revealed so we can see what a hit job was done on her.
Giving too much credit to the video editor. While 'Franken-bites' are possible (merging different soundbites together), I don't believe Palin requires that much surgery to sound stupid.

Old 03-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,561 posts, read 16,552,753 times
The biggest problem with this thread is actually the context in which Sarah Palin was making that "prediction" if you can even call it that.

She was saying that SENATOR Obama's indecision while Russia was invading Georgia would lead to Putin thinking he could one day invade Ukraine.

1. George Bush was President , not Barack Obama.

2. Putin actually left office that year, so either she was predicting that Putin was going to invade that year(2008) or that he was going to run for President again in 4 years, Predicting that Republicans would lose in 2008 and 2012 for the Presidency,There there would be unrest in Ukraine to cause a destabilization of the Ukrainian government,then invade Ukraine.

If its the second then i would like this women to pick my lottery numbers.

Old 03-01-2014, 12:53 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,026,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
That's why Obama won the last two elections, handily. Americans like his caution when it comes to foreign conflicts.
Like they like his XL Pipeline dithering, too? How many years has he been reaching a cautious decision on that one - 6 years?

PUH-LEEZE. Did you forget he tried to pawn off a non-existent Syrian plan on Congress (so presumably he could blame the Republicans for it when it all went to he**) and those dunderheads were only too willing to accommodate him until Putin saved them from themselves.

Old 03-01-2014, 12:56 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

When it happens, you have to agree that my prediction was just as right as Palins'
Nailed it.

Old 03-01-2014, 12:57 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Like they like his XL Pipeline dithering, too? How many years has he been reaching a cautious decision on that one - 6 years?
And if he gives approval, he will rightly be judged as a sell out and a hypocrite. None of that matters to the scientifically illiterate conservatives in America, but to thinking people, giving his approval would be a mistake.

Old 03-01-2014, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

I predict we will see more snow before the end of winter.
Where's my cookie?

Old 03-01-2014, 01:00 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,329,746 times
I predict there will be more suicide bombings.
Hell, Sushi The Cat could predict it.

What do we win?

Old 03-01-2014, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I predict there will be more suicide bombings.
Hell, Sushi The Cat could predict it.

What do we win?
The soothing silence as a thread fades into obscurity.

Old 03-01-2014, 01:06 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,014,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Like I said, predicting behavior by Putin is one thing- deciding on a countermove is another.

I'm sure this scenario has been gamed out by DoD. The difference now is response- well get one from Obama/Kerry/Hagel that will be different from what we would have gotten from McCain/Bolton/ ( whoever his SecDef would be)

You are wrong to stick to the fiction that Americans picked Obama and his team because we are uninformed- quite the reverse.

We knew EXACTLY what we'd be getting in McCain/Palin or Romney/Ryan... And we said " no thanks"

Until the GOP figures out why, they are gonna keep losing national elections.
What? So you knew EXACTLY what you'd be getting in the "savior"? He promised a lot and hasn't delivered on anything. He even went and attacked Libya............oh no.......and is drawing lines in the sand all over the world and other nations are just laughing at him. Our president is the joke of the world. Good work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies