Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 03:48 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Just repeating the same thing over and over again does not make it true.

More democrats receive government assistance than republicans. I, and others, have already provided sources for this.
Exactly. I just provided more verifiable data on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2014, 03:58 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,656,943 times
Quote:
Do we really need to get back into the difference between capital gains and income taxes?

The income tax rate for the wealthy is 40%. Taxing capital gains like you tax income would destroy the economy. Not to mention the capital gains rate is for the US is already amount the worlds highest, plus many states already tax capital gains as well as the federal government.
Read this
Six Reasons to Keep Capital Gains Tax Rates Low | Cato Institute

Not to mention, most of the time tax rates are lowered by these ceo's donating millions and millions of dollars to charity. Like Romney that gave 30% or over 4 million to various charities.
Billionaire CEO's pay taxes by capital gains. Fox/Rush say taxing capital gains hurts the economy, so the CEO's get low tax rates. These CEO's are the ones who give republicans their campaign money.

Watch this link with Warren Buffet aka "the oracle of Omaha", one of the greatest investors of all times. Buffet says low taxes on capital gains don't do anything for investing or the economy.

But whats the point the CEO's at Fox/Rush already told you what to believe.

Warren Buffett, Secretary Debbie Bosanek Discuss Tax Rate Inequality in Interview - YouTube

Old 03-21-2014, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Billionaire CEO's pay taxes by capital gains. Fox/Rush say taxing capital gains hurts the economy, so the CEO's get low tax rates.
What average effective federal income tax rate do you think the very highest earners, top 0.1% (the highest paid 1/10th of the top 1%), are paying?

And what average effective federal income tax rate do you think the middle class (top 50-25%) is paying?

Post your answers.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by truerwords View Post
I'll go post the exact same links disproving your "facts".
You've disproved nothing. But go ahead and do your best to try to disprove the Maxwell Poll results. They have extensive data sets all laid out in an Excel file. I posted the link.

Old 03-21-2014, 04:35 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Billionaire CEO's pay taxes by capital gains. Fox/Rush say taxing capital gains hurts the economy, so the CEO's get low tax rates. These CEO's are the ones who give republicans their campaign money.

Watch this link with Warren Buffet aka "the oracle of Omaha", one of the greatest investors of all times. Buffet says low taxes on capital gains don't do anything for investing or the economy.

But whats the point the CEO's at Fox/Rush already told you what to believe.

Warren Buffett, Secretary Debbie Bosanek Discuss Tax Rate Inequality in Interview - YouTube
If warran buffet had an ounce of integrity he would put his money where is mouth his. Instead he employee every tax dodge he can think of.

I wonder how much capital gains taxes will be received when the ceo's move out of country because of an even more ridiculous tax system. We already have of if the highest capital gains tax rates.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:11 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Do we really need to get back into the difference between capital gains and income taxes?

The income tax rate for the wealthy is 40%. Taxing capital gains like you tax income would destroy the economy. Not to mention the capital gains rate is for the US is already amount the worlds highest, plus many states already tax capital gains as well as the federal government.
Read this
Six Reasons to Keep Capital Gains Tax Rates Low | Cato Institute

Not to mention, most of the time tax rates are lowered by these ceo's donating millions and millions of dollars to charity. Like Romney that gave 30% or over 4 million to various charities.
The capital gains rate is 15-20%. It used to be 40% and it didn't destroy the economy. As Buffett said himself, "I have worked with investors for 60 years and I have yet to see anyone — not even when capital gains rates were 39.9 percent in 1976-77 — shy away from a sensible investment because of the tax rate on the potential gain. People invest to make money, and potential taxes have never scared them off. And to those who argue that higher rates hurt job creation, I would note that a net of nearly 40 million jobs were added between 1980 and 2000. You know what’s happened since then: lower tax rates and far lower job creation."

Old 03-21-2014, 05:21 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
The capital gains rate is 15-20%. It used to be 40% and it didn't destroy the economy. As Buffett said himself, "I have worked with investors for 60 years and I have yet to see anyone — not even when capital gains rates were 39.9 percent in 1976-77 — shy away from a sensible investment because of the tax rate on the potential gain. People invest to make money, and potential taxes have never scared them off. And to those who argue that higher rates hurt job creation, I would note that a net of nearly 40 million jobs were added between 1980 and 2000. You know what’s happened since then: lower tax rates and far lower job creation."
Correlation does not imply causation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Stronger economic growth from a lower capital gains tax rate would raise government revenues from all tax sources. A macroeconomic analysis by Allen Sinai found that a capital gains tax rate of 15 percent would raise more revenue than a 20 percent rate because GDP, employment, and stock prices would be higher.18 Similarly, a study by Stephen Entin found that long-run GDP and government revenues would be higher with a 15 percent capital gains tax rate than a 24 percent rate.19
http://www.cato.org/sites/cato.org/f...df/tbb-066.pdf

Old 03-21-2014, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What average effective federal income tax rate do you think the very highest earners, top 0.1% (the highest paid 1/10th of the top 1%), are paying?

And what average effective federal income tax rate do you think the middle class (top 50-25%) is paying?

Post your answers.
Look at the way your talking to me "Post your answers." This isn't a poker game or a gun fight.

Say please.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Look at the way your talking to me "Post your answers." This isn't a poker game or a gun fight.
No, it's a truth-finding quest.

Now, please... answer the questions.

Old 03-21-2014, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

Post your answers.
If you make $2,000,000 a year and your not a CEO your getting nailed with taxes.
If you make $150,000 a year your getting nailed with taxes.

Its the millionaire CEO's who's personal income is taxed by capital gains, who pay the 11%-17% personal tax rates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies