Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 09:35 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times

Advertisements

Alarm on Hill over Russian troop buildup, as NATO general briefs lawmakers

Alarm on Hill over Russian troop buildup, as NATO general briefs lawmakers | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2014, 09:43 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,960,577 times
And we won't and shouldn't do a thing until Russia touches a NATO country. No one with a ounce of sense is going to risk a land war in Europe over Ukraine. It'll purely be economic until Putin tiptoes into the Balkans or steps towards Romania.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:49 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Alarm on Hill over Russian troop buildup, as NATO general briefs lawmakers

Alarm on Hill over Russian troop buildup, as NATO general briefs lawmakers | Fox News
As Ron Paul said, “Why does the U.S. care which flag will be hoisted on a small piece of land thousands of miles away?”

Moreover, what do you want Obama to do, start a war with Russia? I know, Obama can do now what Bush did when Russia invaded Georgia. Oh wait, that was nothing.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:51 AM

2,821 posts, read 2,112,501 times
At this moment, there is nothing to do.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:57 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,874,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
As Ron Paul said, “Why does the U.S. care which flag will be hoisted on a small piece of land thousands of miles away?”

Moreover, what do you want Obama to do, start a war with Russia? I know, Obama can do now what Bush did when Russia invaded Georgia. Oh wait, that was nothing.
Damned if he acts, damned if he doesn't. This is just another typical rightwing bash Obama thread, one of many that will no doubt be started today. It is becoming this forum's stock in trade.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:59 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times
Obama is HELPING Putin with these land grabs. If you don't know this you are completely blind and ignorant. "I will be more flexible in my 2nd term".

Old 03-27-2014, 09:59 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post

And Ron Paul would be right.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:00 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Damned if he acts, damned if he doesn't. This is just another typical rightwing bash Obama thread, one of many that will no doubt be started today. It is becoming this forum's stock in trade.

Sour grapes do have their side effects, eh?

Old 03-27-2014, 10:03 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
And we won't and shouldn't do a thing until Russia touches a NATO country. No one with a ounce of sense is going to risk a land war in Europe over Ukraine. It'll purely be economic until Putin tiptoes into the Balkans or steps towards Romania.
Would you have had a problem if the USA took over the Ukraine?

Old 03-27-2014, 10:06 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Why should he do anything?

All this hysteria over Ukraine is silly anyway. The US did something similar to Russia by making Kosovo a country (and subsequent NATO member) in the 90s yet we all want to hold Russia to some sort of "American" standard.

It is their country - both Russia and Ukraine. As long as they aren't attacking anyone in other countries, specifically ours or our close strategic allies, who cares.

And FWIW, I do think that Obama has not been handling this situation as well as he could. He should not be giving it the attention IMO that is being hoisted upon it. Ukrainians in Crimea overwhelmingly supported rejoining Russia and that portion of the country was sought after by Russia due to the military needs of Russia, so them "building up troops" in/near Ukraine is expected for two reasons - one to be on guard for uprisings against the vote and two in order to re-establish their presence in that area.

Even though I am not a Putin groupie like many on the forum, I don't think that he is interested in the rest of Ukraine and that they are just building up forces due to people within the country being upset over the Crimea vote. One never knows but I just don't see an invasion in Ukraine occurring. So it would be better for Obama to "do nothing" IMO over this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies