Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 07:58 AM

924 posts, read 667,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So, what's the problem with that?
In an economy thats 40% consumer spending, it doesn't bode well when consumers are having less and less money, at the expense of the super rich getting richer.

If you make $100M a year and I make $100k, you're not going to buy 100 more cars or 100 more cell phones than I am.

It's actually very simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
YOU are the one judging every single poor person..
By calling them lazy or gang members or drug users?

That's you.

You're blaming the symptom for the disease, like a typical short sighted American.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:59 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
In an economy thats 40% consumer spending, it doesn't bode well when consumers are having less and less money, at the expense of the super rich getting richer.

If you make $100M a year and I make $100k, you're not going to buy 100 more cars or 100 more cell phones than I am.

It's actually very simple.
No, they are going to put that $100M in the bank which gets loaned back out into the economy to build a car company which provides jobs and makes it cheaper for you to purchase products.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:00 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Statistics would beg to differ with you. Being born poor makes it almost a statistical certainty that you won't be able to lift yourself out of poverty. This has been investigated and proven time and time again.

But don't get caught up in all those pesky maths and other liberal institutions.
I did very well. I was taught that no one will do it for me but myself. And feeling sorry for myself was a big no-no.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:01 AM

Quote:
By calling them lazy or gang members or drug users?

That's you.

You're blaming the symptom for the disease, like a typical short sighted American.
I didnt claim everyone poor was lazy, gang members, or drug dealers, I explained why statistically the poor dont move up. Single parent households for example have far less disposable income to invest than two parent households.. ITS A FACT.. You dont want to hear them, then thats your problem, not mine.

I was homeless 15 years ago, spare me the waa waaa waaa their poor crap..

Everyone knows this segment of society runs out and spends every dime they get as fast as they get it, thats why the increase in welfare spending was justified to "stimulate" the economy.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:02 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Who are you to judge each and every single poor person in the country?

Do you even hear yourself?
Isn't judging exactly what the left is doing. Go figure, you don't see it lol.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:02 AM

Quote:
No, they are going to put that $100M in the bank which gets loaned back out into the economy to build a car company which provides jobs and makes it cheaper for you to purchase products.
Then why is the working class struggling?

If the rich getting richer helps the poor, why is EXACT OPPOSITE happening?

Old 04-22-2014, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Isn't judging exactly what the left is doing. Go figure, you don't see it lol.
The left is turning all the poor people into drug dealing gang members?

That's news to me because violent crime is dropping all over the country.

Next excuse?

Old 04-22-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
I didnt claim everyone poor was lazy, gang members, or drug dealers, I explained why statistically the poor dont move up. Single parent households for example have far less disposable income to invest than two parent households.. ITS A FACT.. You dont want to hear them, then thats your problem, not mine.

I was homeless 15 years ago, spare me the waa waaa waaa their poor crap..

Everyone knows this segment of society runs out and spends every dime they get as fast as they get it, thats why the increase in welfare spending was justified to "stimulate" the economy.
So then make an argument about disposable income, not gang members or laziness.

I want the facts, but you'd rather not use any.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Then why is the working class struggling?

If the rich getting richer helps the poor, why is EXACT OPPOSITE happening?
Because people are buying government debt and the interest rates are so low, thats there is no benefit to reinvest into society.

Again, GOVERNMENT is causing the problem, and you applaud it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies