Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2014, 08:07 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,143,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecstatic Magnet View Post
So then make an argument about disposable income, not gang members or laziness.

I want the facts, but you'd rather not use any.
FAIL..
Gang members nor lazy people are inclined to have disposable income.

How do you expect these people to move up into higher income brackets if they are on welfare?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2014, 08:07 AM

924 posts, read 667,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Because people are buying government debt and the interest rates are so low, thats there is no benefit to reinvest into society.

Again, GOVERNMENT is causing the problem, and you applaud it.
I do? Where'd I say that?

For the record, I'm opposed to the Fed buying up treasuries to prop up the stock market, it's yet another example of public money being used to prop up the rich.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:08 AM

Quote:
FAIL..
Gang members nor lazy people are inclined to have disposable income.

How do you expect these people to move up into higher income brackets if they are on welfare?
From gang members to disposable income to welfare.

Should I even bother responding if you're going to change your argument every time I do?

Old 04-22-2014, 08:09 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,755,378 times
Quote:
Then why is the working class struggling?

If the rich getting richer helps the poor, why is EXACT OPPOSITE happening?
The Poor:
Think of today, think of survival. If they get money they buy things instead of using money to help them move out. If they do get educated or land a great job the government takes some of their profits through taxation increasing the hardship of moving out of poverty. Taxes will keep the people who are trying poor.

The Middle Class:
Think monthly. As they become more successful they use (bad) debt to buy liabilities (stuff). They can do as the rich do and use (good) debt, OPM to buy assets (to put money in their pockets) but most middle class put the horse before the cart so they end up getting caught in a rat race.

This group depends on income instead of wealth (because they didn't build their wealth yet). Taxation makes it hard to move up because income (not wealth) is taxed making it difficult for them to build their wealth. Taxes help you stay middle class.

The Rich:
They think long term and use money to buy assets that will put money in their pocket. The offsetting money of those assets pay for their liabilities. By investing their money for example real-estate (provides housing for people who can't afford to buy). By investing money into companies, it helps companies grow which results more employment. Yes, they live off the resulting profit of investing but remember they are taking a risk and can also lose. The rich understand that their education never ends. They work by educating themselves so they can invest well (for profit).

I don't see the issue that the left has because if they do well then others also win.

Last edited by petch751; 04-22-2014 at 08:25 AM..

Old 04-22-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
I do? Where'd I say that?

For the record, I'm opposed to the Fed buying up treasuries to prop up the stock market, it's yet another example of public money being used to prop up the rich.
Do you support policies like the Obama stimulus bill? How about the extension of unemployment benefits? Or welfare saying that these people stimulate?

Answer yes to any of these questions and thats exactly what you said, that you support government draining money out of the economy.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Do you support policies like the Obama stimulus bill? How about the extension of unemployment benefits? Or welfare saying that these people stimulate?

Answer yes to any of these questions and thats exactly what you said, that you support government draining money out of the economy.
Holy red herring batman.

Go educate yourself, then try to have an adult conversation.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:12 AM

Quote:
From gang members to disposable income to welfare.

Should I even bother responding if you're going to change your argument every time I do?
I note you ignored the OTHER parts of my posting
Quote:
That has nothing to do with them being poor, has to do more with a lack of parenting, encouragment to get into gangs, drugs, and education.

Democratic solutions only increase these problems thus making it even more difficult.
Did my posting about gang members touch a nerve with you?

How about the parenting, drugs, education parts of the discussion..

Wouldnt all of these items lead to a lack of disposable income? How do people with no disposable income create wealth and move up the economic ladder?

Old 04-22-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Holy red herring batman.

Go educate yourself, then try to have an adult conversation.
I note you didnt answer the question...

Did you support these policies or not?

Sounds like YOU dont want to have the adult conversation..

Old 04-22-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
I note you didnt answer the question...

Did you support these policies or not?

Sounds like YOU dont want to have the adult conversation..
No, I don't support those policies.

Now bring up an entirely new argument because everyone on this forum knows that's your game.

All the time I've wasted here embarrassing you on your 3rd grade level understanding of politics and you still haven't realized it.

And yes, I grew up in Chicago and lost quite a few friends to gang violence, I appreciate you taunting me for it, real adult of you.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:26 AM

I'm done bickering with you fools, I have work to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies